Strangest damn thing...

Old May 16th 12, 03:06 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
!Jones[_9_]

Default Strangest damn thing...

I was going down the road on me little bicycle, when I heard this
noise behind me... what Hunter Thompson called the sound of "dirty
thunder". A bunch of bikers blasted by me in full regalia. Aye,
gwad, I'd be embarrassed to think I looked *that* silly... of course,
I can't wear the usual bicycle clothing and keep a straight face,
either.

Anyway, they were all wearing a beautifully embroidered patch on their
costumes... it said: "Lone Wolf Motorcycle Club".

Huh?

Jones

Old May 16th 12, 03:25 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Daryl

On 5/15/2012 8:06 PM, !Jones wrote:
I was going down the road on me little bicycle, when I heard this
noise behind me... what Hunter Thompson called the sound of "dirty
thunder". A bunch of bikers blasted by me in full regalia. Aye,
gwad, I'd be embarrassed to think I looked *that* silly... of course,
I can't wear the usual bicycle clothing and keep a straight face,
either.

Anyway, they were all wearing a beautifully embroidered patch on their
costumes... it said: "Lone Wolf Motorcycle Club".

Huh?

Jones

I am a million mile Cyclists and Motorcyclist (as it's called).
I ride my little 3 wheeler electric and most motorists are quite
rude. Pedestrians are quite nice though. But when I meet some
one wearing colors I always get a friendly nod or a wave from
them. The Bikers are always friendly.

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and
Old May 16th 12, 03:46 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
!Jones[_9_]

On Tue, 15 May 2012 20:25:52 -0600, in alt.war.vietnam Daryl
wrote:

I am a million mile Cyclists and Motorcyclist (as it's called).
I ride my little 3 wheeler electric and most motorists are quite
rude. Pedestrians are quite nice though. But when I meet some
one wearing colors I always get a friendly nod or a wave from
them. The Bikers are always friendly.

Well, rude assholes come driving all forms of vehicles, so I wouldn't
single out people who ride motorcycles as being any greater jerks than
the general population... present company excepted, of course.

My point was the club's name... think about it, Daryl.

Methinks it's *gotta* be a joke... but I've never met a biker with any
sense of humor about their colors; they usually take themselves pretty
seriously, which is what makes 'em so funny.

Jones

Old May 16th 12, 04:20 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
thirty-six

On May 16, 3:06*am, !Jones wrote:
I was going down the road on me little bicycle, when I heard this
noise behind me... what Hunter Thompson called the sound of "dirty
thunder". *A bunch of bikers blasted by me in full regalia. *Aye,
gwad, I'd be embarrassed to think I looked *that* silly... of course,
I can't wear the usual bicycle clothing and keep a straight face,
either.

Anyway, they were all wearing a beautifully embroidered patch on their
costumes... it said: "Lone Wolf Motorcycle Club".

Huh?

Jones

The brain obviously decided on the moniker.
Old May 16th 12, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

HARD TELLING 'WHAT'
CAWS I observe the same contradiction in the same place.

I had a solo come after me once....pulled out the mace.
He was taken aback that his judgement was error

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...ffe60e8d00a9c4

H-D riders ride thru Yuma all winter. warmth/sun must feel good.
many in costume.

A lot of peer group costuming on the west coast N-S
sometimes like Olde England
Old May 16th 12, 04:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

speaking oif the devil (SOTD)

WATCHED the assembling crowd at Boone Doon above Santa cruz below SF and guess what....lotta riders dressed in black, dark maroon, dark....twice as many female riders wore dayglo than males.

So much for the "I doah wan people to think I'm a fag' theory.

Old May 16th 12, 05:16 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Daryl

wrote:

I am a million mile Cyclists and Motorcyclist (as it's called).
I ride my little 3 wheeler electric and most motorists are quite
rude. Pedestrians are quite nice though. But when I meet some
one wearing colors I always get a friendly nod or a wave from
them. The Bikers are always friendly.

Well, rude assholes come driving all forms of vehicles, so I wouldn't
single out people who ride motorcycles as being any greater jerks than
the general population... present company excepted, of course.

The ones wearing colors are always friendly. The ones riding the
Rice Rockets are cold and unfriendly.

My point was the club's name... think about it, Daryl.

I have and I am familiar with it's use.

Methinks it's *gotta* be a joke... but I've never met a biker with any
sense of humor about their colors; they usually take themselves pretty
seriously, which is what makes 'em so funny.

They are talking about the Club itself. Not the individuals.

Old May 16th 12, 05:31 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Dan O

On May 15, 7:06 pm, !Jones wrote:
I was going down the road on me little bicycle, when I heard this
noise behind me... what Hunter Thompson called the sound of "dirty
thunder". A bunch of bikers blasted by me in full regalia. Aye,
gwad, I'd be embarrassed to think I looked *that* silly... of course,
I can't wear the usual bicycle clothing and keep a straight face,
either.

Anyway, they were all wearing a beautifully embroidered patch on their
costumes... it said: "Lone Wolf Motorcycle Club".

Huh?

That's a good one :-)
Old May 16th 12, 05:39 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Dan O

wrote:
I am a million mile Cyclists and Motorcyclist (as it's called).
I ride my little 3 wheeler electric and most motorists are quite
rude. Pedestrians are quite nice though. But when I meet some
one wearing colors I always get a friendly nod or a wave from
them. The Bikers are always friendly.

Well, rude assholes come driving all forms of vehicles, so I wouldn't
single out people who ride motorcycles as being any greater jerks than
the general population... present company excepted, of course.

My point was the club's name... think about it, Daryl.

Methinks it's *gotta* be a joke...

Gotta be.

but I've never met a biker with any
sense of humor about their colors; they usually take themselves pretty
seriously, which is what makes 'em so funny.

Nowadays most of them aren't died-in-the-wool bikers; more like
playing at being bikers, although most of these still want to play it
as serious. Sounds like these guys are self-effacing about it,
although it *could* be the most perfect inadvertant oxymoron ever to
be named, embroidered, sewn and flown.

Old May 16th 12, 05:43 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Dan O

wrote:

[...]

I can't get my mind around that (a pack representing a lone wolf?) -
and still ironic as hell.