Strangest damn thing...

Old May 17th 12, 09:10 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
!Jones[_9_]

Default Strangest damn thing...

On Thu, 17 May 2012 13:55:15 -0600, in alt.war.vietnam Daryl
wrote:

It might not be too difficult in todays (HA Spelling) WWW world
but without joining that chapter, it could lend it to a very
painful and long afternoon.

Dunno. I've never been much of a "joiner", so that's about the limit
of my "research". It can't be too bad, though. I always get a kick
out of how tough the Marine boot camp is, but any high school has
three and a half times their wash-out rate.

Jones

Old May 17th 12, 09:11 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
!Jones[_9_]

On Wed, 16 May 2012 18:56:11 +0100, in alt.war.vietnam
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

!Jones wrote:

You
simply cannot say that a person's vehicle reflects his or her
personality.

I think in many cases you can, actually.

WWJD? (What would Jesus drive?)

I bet he'd drive a Prius. What do you think?

Jones

Old May 17th 12, 09:18 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Daryl

(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

wrote:

You
simply cannot say that a person's vehicle reflects his or her
personality.

I think in many cases you can, actually.

WWJD? (What would Jesus drive?)

I bet he'd drive a Prius. What do you think?

Jones

No, he would lead a Burro to not place any undue weight on the
donkey.

--
http://tvmoviesforfree.com
for free movies and Nostalgic TV. Tons of Military shows and
Old May 17th 12, 09:19 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Daryl

wrote:

It might not be too difficult in todays (HA Spelling) WWW world
but without joining that chapter, it could lend it to a very
painful and long afternoon.

Dunno. I've never been much of a "joiner", so that's about the limit
of my "research". It can't be too bad, though. I always get a kick
out of how tough the Marine boot camp is, but any high school has
three and a half times their wash-out rate.

Jones

The Marines teach you to be tough, not downright mean. You are a
Hunter fan like I am. Then you read his book when he spent time
with them. Now, you can answer your own question.

Old May 17th 12, 10:05 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
The Older Gentleman[_3_]

!Jones wrote:

But, hell's belles, man! It didn't exactly take a
****in' rocket scientist to get to Vietnam in the '60s; any idiot
could have done it.

I was there.

--
Honda CB400 Four Triumph Street Triple Yamaha Tenere
Suzuki GN250, TS250ERx2
Old May 17th 12, 10:41 PM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
Daryl

On 5/17/2012 3:05 PM, The Older Gentleman wrote:
wrote:

But, hell's belles, man! It didn't exactly take a
****in' rocket scientist to get to Vietnam in the '60s; any idiot
could have done it.

I was there.

I must be a rocket scientist because I am a legalized draft
Dodger. Slinking in the mud and the paddies with dudes in black
pajamas just wasn't appealing. Joined the AF and went over it.

I know a couple of Marines that went under it but that was a
different story.

Old May 18th 12, 12:22 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
!Jones[_9_]

On Thu, 17 May 2012 22:05:28 +0100, in alt.war.vietnam
(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

I was there.

Me, too.

I rest my case.

Jones

Old May 18th 12, 12:33 AM posted to alt.war.vietnam,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.motorcycles
!Jones[_9_]

On Thu, 17 May 2012 14:19:39 -0600, in alt.war.vietnam Daryl
wrote:

The Marines teach you to be tough, not downright mean. You are a
Hunter fan like I am. Then you read his book when he spent time
with them. Now, you can answer your own question.

Hunter and I were housemates briefly back in the '70s. It was an...
err... "interesting" time. Once, after a four-day binge, we decided
to get real jobs, so we stumbled down to the docks and asked a shrimp
boat if then needed any hands. They did. "Jump on," they said...
big, BIG mistake!!! Nothing like detox, sea sickness, and a net full
of slime all happening at once.

Jones