I was rammed again last night!

Old May 1st 10, 06:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default I was rammed again last night!

During the London Critical Mass ride last night I saw a taxi
attempting to nose dangerously from a side turning into the stream of
cyclists. As no one else was corking I decided to volunteer and a
woman cyclist was looking on. No sooner had I done so that the taxi
driver deliberately rammed into my leg and I said to him, "What do you
think you are doing! Back up!" The woman cyclist also remonstrated
with him.

Had I been a policeman undoubtedly the taxi driver would have been
arrested on the spot for assault, though not as he should have been
for using a taxi as a dangerous weapon to commit an assault. Anyway,
as I am not a policeman, and just an ordinary cyclist much lower in
the road pecking order, I knew it would be a waste of time calling the
police. Also, my leg was not injured. Last time I was rammed a few
months ago it dislodged my rear wheel.

Some here may wonder why I get rammed and not others. Maybe its
because I refuse to be intimidated by impatient drivers and am
prepared to stand up to them despite the risk to myself and my
bicycle. Also I am ready to speak our about being rammed while others
just take it in their stride as a common occurrence.

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
Old May 1st 10, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

SNIP

Maybe its because you're a ****.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Old May 1st 10, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim A

On 05/01/2010 06:56 AM, Doug wrote:
During the London Critical Mass ride last night I saw a taxi
attempting to nose dangerously from a side turning into the stream of
cyclists. As no one else was corking I decided to volunteer and a
woman cyclist was looking on. No sooner had I done so that the taxi
driver deliberately rammed into my leg and I said to him, "What do you
think you are doing! Back up!" The woman cyclist also remonstrated
with him.

Congratulations Doug. You got what you were asking for.

Had I been a policeman undoubtedly the taxi driver would have been
arrested on the spot for assault

I doubt it, seeing as no real harm was done.

, though not as he should have been
for using a taxi as a dangerous weapon to commit an assault. Anyway,
as I am not a policeman, and just an ordinary cyclist much lower in
the road pecking order, I knew it would be a waste of time calling the
police.

Correct. They have far better things to do than nanny people who go out
asking for trouble.

Also, my leg was not injured. Last time I was rammed a few
months ago it dislodged my rear wheel.

A lesson not learned there then.

Some here may wonder why I get rammed

No. It's obvious.

and not others. Maybe its
because I refuse to be intimidated by impatient drivers and am
prepared to stand up to them despite the risk to myself and my
bicycle.

No. It's because you go out of your way to ****-off motorists in the
mistaken belief that just because it's CM there is some sort of safety
in numbers.

Also I am ready to speak our about being rammed while others
just take it in their stride as a common occurrence.

They have the good sense to know that seeing as it was their choice to
invite conflict they deserve no sympathy.

--
www.slowbicyclemovement.org - enjoy the ride
Old May 1st 10, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NM

On 1 May, 06:56, Doug wrote:

Some here may wonder why I get rammed and not others.

Most here know exactly why you get rammed.

Old May 1st 10, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
During the London Critical Mass ride last night I saw a taxi
attempting to nose dangerously from a side turning into the stream of
cyclists.

In your opinion.

As no one else was corking I decided to volunteer and a
woman cyclist was looking on. No sooner had I done so that the taxi
driver deliberately rammed into my leg and I said to him, "What do you
think you are doing! Back up!" The woman cyclist also remonstrated
with him.

Had I been a policeman undoubtedly the taxi driver would have been
arrested on the spot for assault,

Not obvious.
though not as he should have been
for using a taxi as a dangerous weapon to commit an assault.

I thought you did not want different laws for motorists, make up your mind.

Anyway,
as I am not a policeman,

Thank God.

and just an ordinary cyclist

Don't defame ordinary cyclists.

.. much lower in
the road pecking order,

You are lower in the pecking order to a normal cyclist.

I knew it would be a waste of time calling the
police. Also, my leg was not injured. Last time I was rammed a few
months ago it dislodged my rear wheel.

Some here may wonder why I get rammed and not others. Maybe its
because I refuse to be intimidated by impatient drivers and am
prepared to stand up to them despite the risk to myself and my
bicycle.

No it's because you are a self righteous bigoted idiot.

Also I am ready to speak our about being rammed while others
just take it in their stride as a common occurrence.

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"Get out of my way you f*ing cyclist"

Glad to see you got the 'r' word in.
--
Tony Dragon
Old May 1st 10, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

webreader wrote:
On May 1, 6:56 am, Doug wrote:
[...]

Anecdotal.

WSR

Indeed.

--
Tony Dragon
Old May 1st 10, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

On May 1, 6:56*am, Doug wrote:
During the London Critical Mass ride last night I saw a taxi
attempting to nose dangerously from a side turning into the stream of
cyclists. As no one else was corking I decided to volunteer and a
woman cyclist was looking on. No sooner had I done so that the taxi
driver deliberately rammed into my leg and I said to him, "What do you
think you are doing! Back up!" The woman cyclist also remonstrated
with him.

Don't you mean that the cab driver was prevented from going about his
lawful business by a rabble of lawbreaking cyclists. You shouldn't
have got in his way Doug.

Had I been a policeman undoubtedly the taxi driver would have been
arrested on the spot for assault, though not as he should have been
for using a taxi as a dangerous weapon to commit an assault. Anyway,
as I am not a policeman, and just an ordinary cyclist much lower in
the road pecking order, I knew it would be a waste of time calling the
police. Also, my leg was not injured. Last time I was rammed a few
months ago it dislodged my rear wheel.

As you leg wasn't injured, he obviously didn't ram you hard enough!

Some here may wonder why I get rammed and not others. Maybe its
because I refuse to be intimidated by impatient drivers and am
prepared to stand up to them despite the risk to myself and my
bicycle. Also I am ready to speak our about being rammed while others
just take it in their stride as a common occurrence.

I know the answer to that, but I wouldn't be so rude as to state it.

Derek C
Old May 1st 10, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

The Catford Tup had his way with you?