Street Machine GT Seat Creak

Old September 19th 05, 10:59 PM
Peter Grange

Default Street Machine GT Seat Creak

Just lately the seat on my Street Machine creaks loudly. I've taken it
off & examined it & it looks ok.

I've removed all the bolts fastening it to the metal supports and put
them back as tightly as seems reasonable. I even tried taking the bolts
out again and greasing all the plastic/metal contact points but it still
creaks.

It does it more going uphill, so I guess it's pressure on the back of
the seat which causes it.

Anyone else have this problem/feature, and if so have you cured it?

Thanks,

Pete
--
Peter Grange
Old September 20th 05, 02:11 AM
Leif

Hi Pete.

I have a SMGT too w/ the same creaks. I've also tried your exact
solutions w/ similar results. Now, I just crank up the volume on my
IPOD until I can't hear anything but music.... works great! So if a
car comes to a screeching halt right behind me, I'll never even know.

Ignorance is bliss.

-Leif