What does Bobke have against Floyd?

Old July 17th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
yeahyeah

Default What does Bobke have against Floyd?

So Floyd Landis says in an interview, in answer to their decision to
give the yellow jersey to Pereiro, that if he can't get the jersey
back, he probably wouldn't have been able to win the tour anyhow.
When OLN seques back to Bob & Al, Bob spins Floyd's statement to say
"if he can't hold the jersey, he probably didn' t deserve it".

WTF? Is Bob so far up Lance Armstrong's... no wait, I'll be nicer...
is he such great friends with Lance that he has to join in the hate?

Old July 17th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On 16 Jul 2006 19:09:45 -0700, "yeahyeah"
wrote:

So Floyd Landis says in an interview, in answer to their decision to
give the yellow jersey to Pereiro, that if he can't get the jersey
back, he probably wouldn't have been able to win the tour anyhow.
When OLN seques back to Bob & Al, Bob spins Floyd's statement to say
"if he can't hold the jersey, he probably didn' t deserve it".

WTF? Is Bob so far up Lance Armstrong's... no wait, I'll be nicer...
is he such great friends with Lance that he has to join in the hate?

Which is a shame when you see how much of a nicer guy Landis is
compared to the UberAssHole known as LA.

Old July 17th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

yeahyeah wrote:
So Floyd Landis says in an interview, in answer to their decision to
give the yellow jersey to Pereiro, that if he can't get the jersey
back, he probably wouldn't have been able to win the tour anyhow.
When OLN seques back to Bob & Al, Bob spins Floyd's statement to say
"if he can't hold the jersey, he probably didn' t deserve it".

WTF? Is Bob so far up Lance Armstrong's... no wait, I'll be nicer...
is he such great friends with Lance that he has to join in the hate?

And I thought it was just me who was imagining Roll's 'tude Floyd.
I guess others have seen it, too.

Old July 17th 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Keith wrote:
Which is a shame when you see how much of a nicer guy Landis is
compared to the UberAssHole known as LA.

Landis? You mean the guy you called a "chump" just a few days ago?

Old July 17th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Linda Lou

We've pretty much decided to watch the am broadcast that we tivo. Bob
comes out with too many inane, non-answers to Al's questions during the
"expanded prime time coverage." Plus Bob has definitely drank too much
Lance koolaid. Phil and Paul are heads, shoulders, knees and toes above
Bob.

Old July 17th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

yeahyeah wrote:
So Floyd Landis says in an interview, in answer to their decision to
give the yellow jersey to Pereiro, that if he can't get the jersey
back, he probably wouldn't have been able to win the tour anyhow.
When OLN seques back to Bob & Al, Bob spins Floyd's statement to say
"if he can't hold the jersey, he probably didn' t deserve it".

WTF? Is Bob so far up Lance Armstrong's... no wait, I'll be nicer...
is he such great friends with Lance that he has to join in the hate?

Dumbass -

I haven't had a TV for 5 years, but this year finally got OLN for the
summer.

The coverage is vastly improved over what it used to be. One may not
agree w/ the opinions expressed by Trautwig and Roll, but at least they
know enough to *have* an opinion. The scrubs they used to put on the
commentator team knew nothing about the sport and they would blather on
and on about the wine country and castles and such. It was almost more
a show for tourists, scenery enthusiasts and fans of sunflower fields
than it was for a bike race.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old July 17th 06, 06:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

One may not
agree w/ the opinions expressed by Trautwig and Roll, but at least they
know enough to *have* an opinion.

plus bobke is also broadcasting in sign language.

Old July 17th 06, 08:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message .com, Linda
Lou ') wrote:

We've pretty much decided to watch the am broadcast that we tivo. Bob
comes out with too many inane, non-answers to Al's questions during the
"expanded prime time coverage." Plus Bob has definitely drank too much
Lance koolaid. Phil and Paul are heads, shoulders, knees and toes above
Bob.

If Bob has (as alleged elsewhere) his head up Lance's fundament, I don't
think I'd want to be head and shoulders above him. Just personal
preference, you understand...

Just as defying the law of gravity through building aircraft requires
careful design and a lot of effort, so too does defying laws of
economics. It seems to be a deeply ingrained aspect of humanity to
forever strive to improve things, so unquestioning acceptance of a
free market system seems to me to be unnatural. ;; Charles Bryant

Old July 17th 06, 09:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

amit.ghosh wrote:
plus bobke is also broadcasting in sign language.

Has ewoud been giving him lessons ?

Poor Floyd Scott Racing 26 July 1st 06 11:16 PM
Planet Floyd Snack Racing 0 June 10th 06 07:18 PM
Lance and Floyd psycholist Racing 49 May 5th 05 05:01 PM
Floyd Beattie passes away harper Unicycling 16 June 18th 04 04:59 AM
Photos of Floyd Beattie harper Unicycling 10 December 24th 03 05:55 AM