Ideas for Recumbent Bike Shops in Southern California

Old September 22nd 05, 05:36 PM
IVFarmboy IVFarmboy is offline
Junior Member

Lightbulb Ideas for Recumbent Bike Shops in Southern California

Having talked and visited 5 Bike shops in San Diego that carry or had recumbent bikes and not finding any XL models that would fit a tall rider an idea came to me. Since the bike shops all know each other in Southern California, the San Diego shops recommended Los Angeles shops and the Los Angeles shops told me about others in LA, I would think that maybe they could have a central database of bikes in stock. Not only that but work together to each have one certain type of bike, XL or not so fast moving bike, that it is hard to find for people like me. That way no one bike shop has to have some crazy inventory and buyers like me dont have to spend hours on the phone trying to track down the bike that I need. Have a list of the bikes and where they are on each bike shops webpage.

If I end up getting a Velocity 2 then it is by pure brute time on the phone that I found a shop that had it. I was about to say heck with it and just get the Stratus LE without test riding the Velocity 2 because I couldn't find one in XL. Luckily Dana at BentCycles told me about Richard's Bike shop and I will be visiting them and People Movers this saturday to either purchase or get off the stand. Thank you Dana by the way. I know Inventory can be expensive but customer service is most important, especially for such an expensive item.

Anybody have comments on that idea? I am sure it is an issue for the rest of the country too, heck we have 20 or so million people in this area.