Break it down for me

Old September 26th 05, 10:12 PM
LoGo USA

Default Break it down for me

Hey guys -

I suspect Tom wasn't the only reader a tad confused
by nget's notation:

I should really be leaving now...
Your friend
Mark.
--
nget

I'm sure most of us agree with nget's comment; he
REALLY should be! But what was that signoff about?
Is the person pretending to be nget (oh, who could
it be?) truly dumb enough to think he could convince
us that it's really some guy named Mark who is
writing as nget? Even after the little man behind
the curtain had been uncovered, where did Professor
Marvel really intend to take little Dorothy in that
balloon, and just exactly what was he planning to do
with her once he got there?

Along the newer, lower section of the Rails-to-Trails
bike path from Ventura to Ojai, there is a series of
something like sculptures or artwork. Each of them
has an object of interest on a concrete base embossed
with one of the many definitions of the word 'mark'.

With the background of dozens of trips past those
'markers', I was maybe a bit more prepared to think
out of the box than most folks when I saw the word
'Mark' on a single line at the end of a nget-o-gram.
My guess was that it was intended to mean something
like 'Take notice of this advice.' - or maybe even
'Appreciate the fact that I am [quote] Your friend
[unquote].' [No, I don't think so!] Either way, oddly
enough, that slightly dated style reminds me of a
(former?) poster on the group who spent his evenings
alone (watching 1930s movies?) rather than having
contemporary conversations with real people.

Sighh-hh-hh... how will we ever get back to Kansas?

Regards,
Wayne

Old September 27th 05, 02:06 AM
nget

LoGo USA Wrote:
[...]

'Appreciate the fact that I am Your friend
[unquote].' [No, I don't think so!] Either way, oddly
enough, that slightly dated style reminds me of a
(former?) poster on the group who spent his evenings
alone (watching 1930s movies?) rather than having
contemporary conversations with real people.

Sighh-hh-hh... how will we ever get back to Kansas?

Regards,
Wayne

Most of us know that all the languge we speak and write only takes a
very small part of the human brain.At this time I would like for
Wayne to step out of that small place wherein he thinks and
lives.Perhaps you can join the rest of us here in what is called
reality.

--
nget