For my collection

Old July 31st 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default For my collection

benjo maso wrote:
My favorite is Adri van der Poel, who claimed to have eaten a racing pigeon,
which must have been feed with steroids by its owner.

RicodJour wrote:
I don't see what's so strange about that. You can't tell me that
you've never visited your father-in-law's house, you were hungry and
decided to bake one of his pets and eat it. Happens to me all of the
time...

Luckily his father in law wasn't a racehorse trainer.

Old July 31st 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ernst Noch

benjo maso wrote:
"Dwayne" wrote in message
ups.com...
Montesquiou wrote:
For my private assemblage of the most funny pretext/excuses I have the
following :
More ?

When cyclocross star Mario DeClerq was busted, officials found drugs,
along with training diaries detailing and dosages. DeClerq claimed that
he was writing a novel, and that the diaries were fictitious. The drugs
and manufacturer's booklets were obtained purely for informational
purposes.

We're ridiculing him now, but who will have the last laugh when he wins the
Nobel Prize for literature?

Benjo

Do they do doping tests over there in Stockholm?

Old July 31st 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

"Ernst Noch" wrote in message
benjo maso wrote:
"Dwayne" wrote in message
ups.com...
Montesquiou wrote:
For my private assemblage of the most funny pretext/excuses I have the
following :
More ?
When cyclocross star Mario DeClerq was busted, officials found drugs,
along with training diaries detailing and dosages. DeClerq claimed that
he was writing a novel, and that the diaries were fictitious. The drugs
and manufacturer's booklets were obtained purely for informational
purposes.

We're ridiculing him now, but who will have the last laugh when he wins
the Nobel Prize for literature?

Benjo

Do they do doping tests over there in Stockholm?

He would manage to carry it off, claiming it was only for cycling.

Benjo

Old July 31st 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ernst Noch wrote:
Do they do doping tests over there in Stockholm?

They should when the recipients are mathematicians or astrophysicists.

Old July 31st 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ernst Noch

Montesquiou wrote:
For my private assemblage of the most funny pretext/excuses I have the
following :

"It was outside my free will - A l'insu de mon plein gré » (Virenque)

«Because I make love four time with my wife" (Dennis Mitchell)

"Two beers and four Jack Daniels" (Floyd)

"an aggrieved masseur rubbed testosterone cream into Gatlin's legs" (Graham)

More ?

My favorite:
Chistian Henn, 1999, Testosterone:

"""
Henn was caught in the Tour of Bavaria with an extremely high level of
testosterone. According to Henn the reason must have been that he had
taken some natural fertility-raising (no pun intended) remedy, since his
values were completely normal the day after the test. "This product
helped us in 1997 to have our first child, and my wife is now pregnant
again", said Henn to German website Radsport.
"""

http://www.cyclingnews.com/results/1...oct7news.shtml

Dieter Baumann, 1999, Nandrolone:
"Someone spiked my toothpaste"

And than there is Johann Mühlegg, caught in 2002, cross country skier,
whose personality is so bizarre, I don't even remember what he came up
with. He left the german federation because they allegedly conspired to
damage him in a spiritual way or something.

Old July 31st 06, 04:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ernst Noch wrote:
And than there is Johann Mühlegg, caught in 2002, cross country skier,
whose personality is so bizarre, I don't even remember what he came up
with. He left the german federation because they allegedly conspired to
damage him in a spiritual way or something.

A skiing version of VDB.

Old July 31st 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Ernst Noch" a écrit dans le message de news:
Montesquiou wrote:
[...]

During the Games in Sidney in order to avoid the test, Marie-Jose Perec
suddently left the hotel and while punching a cameran said that she was
leaving because .. "a man threatened her in her room. »

Old July 31st 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
gabriel faure

Montesquiou solemnly wrote in
:

For my private assemblage of the most funny pretext/excuses I have the
following :

"It was outside my free will - A l'insu de mon plein gré » (Virenque)

«Because I make love four time with my wife" (Dennis Mitchell)

"Two beers and four Jack Daniels" (Floyd)

"an aggrieved masseur rubbed testosterone cream into Gatlin's legs"
(Graham)

More ?

Do not forget Raimondas Rumsas while his wife was caught with a big luggage
of forbidden medicine in her car: "it is for my aged mum".
Old July 31st 06, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,

Ernst Noch wrote:
Do they do doping tests over there in Stockholm?

They should when the recipients are mathematicians or astrophysicists.

Quibble: No Nobel prize for mathematics.

http://www.mathunion.org/medals/Fields/index.html

Even more obscu No Nobel prize for economics.

http://www.opendemocracy.net/themes/article-9-665.jsp

--
Michael Press