Venue to sell a bike

Old July 10th 03, 07:36 PM

Default Venue to sell a bike

Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
recommendations?

Is eBay really any good?

Old July 10th 03, 10:27 PM
Donald Gillies

"Default" writes:

Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
recommendations?

Is eBay really any good?

Ebay is a buyer's market for whole bicycles.
Ebay is a seller's market for bicycle parts.

I have seen people who buy bikes on ebay, then turn around and sell
the parts at a profit. So if your bike has collectable or high
quality parts, you might consider "parting it out" on ebay. I am
frequently amazed at the low prices for entire bicycles (some in very
nice condition) that are paid on ebay.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Old July 10th 03, 10:46 PM

"Donald Gillies" wrote in message
"Default" writes:

Looking for a suitable venue (in UK) to advertise selling my bike. Any
recommendations?

Is eBay really any good?

Ebay is a buyer's market for whole bicycles.
Ebay is a seller's market for bicycle parts.

I have seen people who buy bikes on ebay, then turn around and sell
the parts at a profit. So if your bike has collectable or high
quality parts, you might consider "parting it out" on ebay. I am
frequently amazed at the low prices for entire bicycles (some in very
nice condition) that are paid on ebay.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

Nah, just wanna sell it complete with the manufacturer's specs.

surfboard bike rack Jeff General 11 November 3rd 03 09:57 AM
Survey : Weight vs. battery life for bike computer? Doug General 7 July 14th 03 04:28 PM
How to identify this older Peugeot road bike? Rick Onanian General 6 July 11th 03 08:57 PM
Best road/touring bike under $900 Slavko Vorkapitch General 11 July 11th 03 05:48 AM
Touring Bike Recomendations? Nartker General 4 July 10th 03 01:30 PM