Gradient Horror (Newbie)

Old July 11th 03, 11:26 PM
Bill Davidson

Default Gradient Horror (Newbie)

Per Elmsäter wrote:
Maybe there is a halfway solution somewhere? Low enough weight, not *real*
expensive. If you find one let me know too, cause I've been thinking about
this problem alot.

I've noticed the the K-Mart/Target aluminum MTB's are getting fairly
light these days. They are very cheap. I doubt the quality is all
that good but she might be fine with that.

--Bill Davidson

Old July 12th 03, 03:24 AM
Bernie

"Per Elmsäter" wrote:

Elisa Francesca Roselli wrote:
And since all the walking parts involve pushing a heavy bike

Elisa Roselli
Paris, France

Hmm... This is what my wife complains about too. Her bike weighs maybe three
times as much as my Carbon Composite racer special. She would probably
appreciate the low weight a lot more than me but unlike me she doesn't want
to spend loads of money on a bike. As a matter of fact she can barely get it
out of the basement.

--
Perre

I was thinking of this exact dilemna this afternoon as I rode my usual commute.
One hill about a mile and a half, and one hill about half a mile, but not as
steep. Was riding my old faithful "gaspipe" framed 15 y/o mtn bike, which is
fairly heavy by modern standards..
Solution? Keep cranking the ride you've got. It just gets easier, and you will
quit walking up hills. You will ride up most any hill you meet. It all takes
time and energy, and some thought about your personal conditioning, diet, etc.
The end result may be worthwhile. It just depends what you want.
I wouldn't worry so much about the halfway solution. Just press on and know you
are on the right path.
Best regards, Bernie