Seven Cycles 5E carbon fork?

Old October 19th 04, 03:23 PM
Jim A

Default Seven Cycles 5E carbon fork?

Are there any industry insiders out here that know who manufactures
Seven Cycle's 5E carbon fork?
Old October 19th 04, 11:00 PM
Tim McTeague

"Jim A" wrote in message
om...
Are there any industry insiders out here that know who manufactures
Seven Cycle's 5E carbon fork?

Reynolds.

I'm no insider but this is fairly common knowledge.

Tim

Old October 20th 04, 12:21 AM
Dave Stallard

Tim McTeague wrote:

"Jim A" wrote in message
om...

Are there any industry insiders out here that know who manufactures
Seven Cycle's 5E carbon fork?

Reynolds.

I'm no insider but this is fairly common knowledge.

Their website used to say "This is not a warmed-over Ouzo Pro", which
always struck me as defensive.

Dave
Old October 20th 04, 05:27 AM
Mark Hickey

Dave Stallard wrote:

Tim McTeague wrote:
"Jim A" wrote

Are there any industry insiders out here that know who manufactures
Seven Cycle's 5E carbon fork?

Reynolds.

I'm no insider but this is fairly common knowledge.

Their website used to say "This is not a warmed-over Ouzo Pro", which
always struck me as defensive.

Heh... I'm wondering what's "wrong" with an Ouzo Pro...

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $695 ti frame
Old October 20th 04, 11:16 AM
Tim McTeague

Their website used to say "This is not a warmed-over Ouzo Pro", which
always struck me as defensive.

Dave

I think they were just trying to justify the higher price when compared to
the Ouzo Pro. So they could say "for the extra money you get this cool
Seven logo", or "it's an improved, designed by us, made by Reynolds fork".
I actually don't like the fatter look and matte black finish compared to my
regular Ouzo Pro. The new Easton EC-90 SLX has been getting great reviews
and weighs 100 grams less. We may have a new champion. Of course the
Easton forks have a bit of a billboard look these days.

http://tinyurl.com/3u7y9

Tim

Old October 20th 04, 10:35 PM

but which ones can take 700 x 28 tires?

(remove clothes to reply)
Old October 20th 04, 11:09 PM
Tim McTeague

"B" wrote in message
but which ones can take 700 x 28 tires?

(remove clothes to reply)

Actually, that is one real advantage of the new Seven fork.

From their web site:

Seven 5E Carbon Fork
Seven's 5E is unique among high-performance forks. In addition to the
best lateral
stiffness-to-weight ratio of any molded carbon fork, the 5E affords
tremendous practicality.
Designed by Seven completely from the ground up, it comes in rakes
ranging for
32mm to 56mm-more than any other fork-to ensure optimum handling.
The 5E features a fully integrated crown, legs, and 1 1/8" steerer and
weighs 440g at
285mm. What's more, it's the only high-performance road fork available
with optional
fender mounts and clearance for a 32c tire.

Tim

Attached Images

Old October 21st 04, 01:10 AM
Jim A

Well, if this is true, maybe SE Asian production CF is finally
starting to bridge technology the gap (Giant notwithstanding).