recuperation

Old November 7th 04, 06:59 PM
loki

Default recuperation

I guess I'm not going to be cycling for a few weeks. Somehow I have
separated my shoulder. The doc says it's definitely a sprain and possibly a
fracture - pending x-rays.

And I have no idea how I did it!

I cycle commuted Mon/Tues. Nothing unusual. It's a fairly standard 15-20
minutes each way; city streets and MUP's, no off-road extreme cycling.

My off-day, Wed, thanks to the weather I loafed and did little. Thursday I
did a morning swim and an evening swim; one hour each, my usual set. I tend
to concentrate on using my upper body to balance cycling's effect on the
lower body. I felt a twinge and figured it was just a sore muscle.

Friday morning I'm sore and stiff as all get-out; hence the trip to my
doctor. He says a week to 10 days in a sling and 3-4 weeks of light duties
and no cycling/swimming.

I don't mind missing word but the no swimming/cycling is going to hurt.

Nothing to do but post to the internet [left handed typing at that]

*sigh*

Wish I knew how I managed it though.

--
'And then one day you find,
Ten years have got behind you.

Old November 7th 04, 09:16 PM
Pat

:
: I guess I'm not going to be cycling for a few weeks. Somehow I have
: separated my shoulder. The doc says it's definitely a sprain and possibly
: fracture - pending x-rays.
:
: Friday morning I'm sore and stiff as all get-out; hence the trip to my
: doctor. He says a week to 10 days in a sling and 3-4 weeks of light duties
: and no cycling/swimming.
:
: I don't mind missing word but the no swimming/cycling is going to
hurt.
:

I know how you feel: I haven't been able to swim since the last week in
July. Tendinitis in both shoulders. I am going to a physical therapist on
Tuesday to see about exercises for that problem. My doc said I could "push
but not pull" meaning no standing up on the pedals to get up the hills.

Pat in TX

Old November 7th 04, 09:23 PM
Zoot Katz

Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:59:07 -0500, ,
"loki" wrote:

I don't mind missing word but the no swimming/cycling is going to hurt.

Think of the bright side. You won't be able to golf or shovel snow.
--
zk