Caffeine=Rubbish

Old June 21st 04, 11:38 AM
kingsley

Default Caffeine=Rubbish

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:04:00 +1000, Unregistered wrote:

It's official. Drinking coffee before trainning doesn't enhance
performance....

"We found the caffeine had no beneficial effect on resting heart rate, blood
pressure, reaction time, concentration, plasma triglycerides, blood glucose
or exercise performance," Dr Melissa Crowe, of Queensland's James Cook
University said..

Geeze, everyone knows that!

It's the cake and biscuits you have with the
coffee on the break in the middle of your ride
that effects performance.

-kt
Old June 22nd 04, 07:21 AM
aa

Default Caffeine=Rubbish - Coffee Questioned Article.pdf (0/1)

have a look at the PDF attachment......

this study shows that caffeine is beneficial

I drink flat coke as a pick-me-up on my long rides 4h+ for a long lasting energy boost on
the way back.
If you ever see a guy with a dark liquid in his 2nd bottle - that's me.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-23218,00.html

Old June 22nd 04, 02:00 PM
Meeba

re caffine tests (old one) lve heard that drugs like LSD +cocaine and
caffine were administered to spiders to see their effects on web
making.And interestingly enough the coke and LSD spiders carried on with
their perfect web making ,but the caffine spider flipped out and made a
erratic web!! Spiders can't hack coffee, (it was probably instant coffee
full of chemicals!)

Old June 22nd 04, 02:24 PM
Marty Wallace

"Meeba" wrote in message
re caffine tests (old one) lve heard that drugs like LSD +cocaine and
caffine were administered to spiders to see their effects on web
making.And interestingly enough the coke and LSD spiders carried on with
their perfect web making ,but the caffine spider flipped out and made a
erratic web!! Spiders can't hack coffee, (it was probably instant coffee
full of chemicals!)

Hmmm...
Are you implying that we might be better off dropping tabs of Acid rather
than sipping coffee before that Sunday morning ride? A short trip around the
park?

Marty

Old June 22nd 04, 03:35 PM
Unkey Munkey

Meeba wrote:
re caffine tests (old one) lve heard that drugs like LSD +cocaine and
caffine were administered to spiders to see their effects on web
making.And interestingly enough the coke and LSD spiders carried on with
their perfect web making ,but the caffine spider flipped out and made a
erratic web!! Spiders can't hack coffee, (it was probably instant coffee
full of chemicals!)

Photos of webs he
http://www.cannabis.net/weblife.html

Old June 22nd 04, 11:40 PM
hippy

Originally posted by Marty Wallac
"Meeba" wrote re caffine tests (ol
one) lve heard that drugs like LSD +cocaine and caffine wer
administered to spiders to see their effects on web making.An
interestingly enough the coke and LSD spiders carried on with thei
perfect web making ,but the caffine spider flipped out and made
erratic web!! Spiders can't hack coffee, (it was probably instan
coffee full of chemicals!

Hmmm... Are you implying that we might be better off dropping tabs o
Acid rather than sipping coffee before that Sunday morning ride?
short trip around the park

I'm guessing that I'm not going to be able to buy these tabs of 'Lon
Slow Distance' at, say, Cecil Walker or Freedom Machine? ;-

Would make the commute a little more interesting I'm sure... :-

hipp

-