Roberto Gaggioli is a piece of crap

Old May 6th 04, 10:47 PM
Tom Kunich

Default Roberto Gaggioli is a piece of crap

"Rik Van Diesel" wrote in message
om...
Just cause you can't google me up doesn't make my opinion less correct.

On the contrary, you apparently don't think twice about lying in writing.
You seem to have good reasons to hide your identification.

Old May 7th 04, 01:15 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Chris" wrote:

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

Until Adam posted, I did not know or recall what role the police played.
However, I was considering that USAC suspended Mercer for a year, so I
didn't know whether USAC factored in legal charges/findings or suspended
Mercer on their own accord. I still don't know whether legal charges
factored in USAC's decision, but very seldom in major sports are legal
charges filed when a player is fined/suspended. Did Bill Romanowski have
charges filed against him when he beat up his teammate in the locker room
last year?

I dunno, but in hockey the police have been getting involved in some of the
really outrageous attacks. Considering that assault and battery is within
the rules (ok, you go to the penalty box) I would say that counts for
something. It seems to me that in most cases where I thought the local
prosecution should get involved, they have. IOW I do not see any scary
trends where athletes are not able to get justice.

The essential difference is that of consent. The general theory is that
when you participate in a sporting activity, you consent to the norms of
that sport. So if you race a bike, you implicitly consent to incidental
contact in the pack, and if you play hockey, you consent to normal
levels of bodychecking and fisticuffs.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Old May 7th 04, 02:31 AM
Carl Sundquist

"Ryan Cousineau" wrote in message
In article ,
"Chris" wrote:

[...]

But that is in the midst of the competitive event. However, AFAIK, even for
the most egregious attack in recent history in the NHL, Todd Bertuzzi was
not charged with violating any laws when he punched Steve Moore in the back
of the head, drove him face first into the ice, and broke his neck.

I cited Romanowski's actions specifically because they were in a non
competition situation, like Myerson/Mercer and Sundt/Gaggioli.

Old May 7th 04, 03:23 AM
BJC

Chris wrote:
"BJC" wrote in message

if only the fed could test him for testosterone and HGH...

I am sure he has some of both, don't you?

Definitely. Chemicals and serious anti-social tendencies is to blame
Who was it....Konychev that was arrested for beating a prositute up
What do both of these cyclists have in common? Many of these riders wh
have been doing it for years and years have absolutely no clue abou
simple social skills

-

Old May 7th 04, 06:22 AM
Rik Van Diesel

"Tom Kunich" wrote in message hlink.net...
"Rik Van Diesel" wrote in message
om...
Just cause you can't google me up doesn't make my opinion less correct.

On the contrary, you apparently don't think twice about lying in writing.
You seem to have good reasons to hide your identification.

Liar Liar pants on fire. What are you in the third grade? What have I
lied about? Certainly not this thread on Roberto, and yes I have said
the same **** to his face. The funny part I had to see him last year
in a non-cycling social function to which we were both invited, he was
wearing his funny clown boots and me looking super star. Off the bike
it was hard to believe I could have ever felt anything but pity for
him. Much like I do for you.

RVD

Old May 7th 04, 07:21 AM
Ryan Cousineau

"Chris" wrote:

[...]

I'm a Canuck fan, so I have some pretty particular feelings about The
Incident, but last I heard police were still investigating. As for the
details...that's for another newsgroup.

I cited Romanowski's actions specifically because they were in a non
competition situation, like Myerson/Mercer and Sundt/Gaggioli.

Good point. And clearly, there's never a call for disputes to be settled
after an event with violence, and doubly not with lumber.

Cycling depends on a certain gentlemanliness in the attitude of
competitors. It's so easy to harm other riders quite badly (not for
nothing does the cycling verb "to flick" exist) that everyone must have
a basic commitment to decorum. It doesn't take too many idiots to
completely destroy a racing scene.