Cyclist who killed pedestrian in high speed crash said people had 'zero respect' for those on bikes, court hears

Old August 30th 17, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
The Todal[_4_]

Default Cyclist who killed pedestrian in high speed crash said people had'zero respect' for those on bikes, court hears

On 30/08/2017 10:32, Norman Wells wrote:
On 30/08/2017 10:21, The Todal wrote:
On 30/08/2017 08:49, Norman Wells wrote:
On 30/08/2017 00:17, Nick wrote:
On 29/08/2017 19:30, Omega wrote:

Whether this man feels at fault or not what a despicable human
being to have shown no remorse whatsoever.Â* Others here have
suggested showing remorse would imply his guilt.Â* Would it really?

I think you are confusing remorse with regret.

Remorse does suggest guilt.

Whatever, now he's been found guilty, he's free to express it, isn't
he? Â*Â*Let's see if he does.

Just don't hold your breath.

If he's got lawyers, and if he isn't mentally handicapped, he'll
express regret and sympathy.

It probably won't appease the baying hounds.

That's because regret and sympathy expressed through lawyers or only on
their carefully considered advice, doesn't quite have the ring of
authenticity or sincerity.

You think he should break down in tears in an extremely convincing way,
then. Tell me, how do you usually express regret and sympathy when
you've upset someone? I find a short note delivered on a silver tray
will generally suffice.
Old August 31st 17, 12:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
jnugent

On 30/08/2017 00:17, Nick wrote:
On 29/08/2017 19:30, Omega wrote:

Whether this man feels at fault or not what a despicable human being
to have shown no remorse whatsoever.Â* Others here have suggested
showing remorse would imply his guilt.Â* Would it really?

I think you are confusing remorse with regret.

Remorse does suggest guilt.

Whatever, now he's been found guilty, he's free to express it, isn't
he? Â*Â*Let's see if he does.

Just don't hold your breath.

If he's got lawyers, and if he isn't mentally handicapped, he'll express
regret and sympathy.

It probably won't appease the baying hounds.

That's a disrespectful way to describe the trial judge who remarked on
the cyclist's lack of remorse.

Old August 31st 17, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Sick old pedo Andrew Andrzej Baron (aka Ron Jacobson/etc)

In article ,
A ****eating cowardly nazoid sub-louse PEDO named Andrew "Andrzej"
Baron (aka "Ron Jacobson"/etc") wrote:

This might easily be achieved by locking the ******* up until he's too
old to ride a bike.

Idiot.

Old August 31st 17, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
jnugent

On 30/08/2017 00:17, Nick wrote:
[...]

you've upset someone?Â* I find a short note delivered on a silver tray
will generally suffice.

"...upset someone..."?

He *killed* someone.

This is not about hurt feelings.

Old August 31st 17, 01:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
The Todal[_4_]

On 30/08/2017 00:17, Nick wrote:
[...]

when you've upset someone?Â* I find a short note delivered on a silver
tray will generally suffice.

"...upset someone..."?

He *killed* someone.

Motorists kill people every day, without attracting the venom that this
18 year old (at the time of the accident) has attracted.

This is similar to the Charlie Gard case. In that case, numbskulls
reckoned that it must be a hugely important legal precedent, the first
time a parent has tried to oppose the wishes of a doctor, the first time
a court has denied a parent the right to take a child abroad for
treatment.

Here, it's assumed that it's the first time a cyclist has caused
someone's death, the first time a cyclist has failed to apologise to
someone who has stepped out into his path, the first time a cyclist has
deserved to go to gaol for his evil behaviour and evil attitude.

This is not about hurt feelings.

No, you're wrong. The feelings of the whole nation have been hurt. It's
Princess Diana mode all over again. "Your people are suffering. Speak to
us, ma'am".

Old August 31st 17, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
jnugent

On 30/08/2017 00:17, Nick wrote:
[...]

There are two separate responses to that, both valid.

A. A driver killing a pedestrian whilst driving a vehicle which had no
functioning brakes, and who tried to blame the victim on the basis that
there was no need to try to stop by means of the clutch and gears
because the pedestrian hadn't left him enough time for that operation
would (rightly) be the subject of some opprobrium

B. So what? This isn't about other people being killed by yet other
peopole. It is about that poor woman being killed by that killer cyclist.

This is similar to the Charlie Gard case.

Is it?

Those involved were the child's parents, the clinical staff management
of the hospital, certain individuals and organisations in the USA and
many other people who contributed to a crowd-fund. Oh, and Charlie himself.

Which of them was the cyclist on the bike without brakes?

This is not about hurt feelings.

No, you're wrong. The feelings of the whole nation have been hurt. It's
Princess Diana mode all over again. "Your people are suffering. Speak to
us, ma'am".

That's odd.

The court and jury seem to have taken the view that an offence has been
committed. Perhaps more than one.

When are you going to set them right?
Old August 31st 17, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Handsome Jack

The Todal posted

Motorists kill people every day, without attracting the venom that this
18 year old (at the time of the accident) has attracted.

And without doing what he did, and without posting what he posted on
social media.

This is similar to the Charlie Gard case.

Not in the slightest.

--
Jack