Roberto Gaggioli is a piece of crap

Old May 3rd 04, 04:18 AM
Carl Sundquist

Default Roberto Gaggioli is a piece of crap

"karlwithak" wrote in message
om...
does anyone rember the event where he post race he kicked out a dudes
handle bars when he rode up next to Gagg to yell at him

Davis Phinny was the commentator if was totally wacked, the dude was
very hurt

I have had more than a few dudes tell me his water bottles dont have
just water in them

John Brady was the guy who got his handlebar kicked out from underneath him.
The result was that he broke his femur. I think it was the Manhattan Beach
GP. Early 90's. I don't recall who kicked, though.

Old May 3rd 04, 04:27 AM
DanSchmatz

First off I am not taking anyone's side but since I have been in all these
races in the past week I will state this:

I was sitting behind Sundt when "the incident" that pushed gag over the edge
occurred. I was sitting this wheel and Gag rolled by on the outside on a
straight away, as he pulled along side Sundt Johnny pushed gag off the road
with his right arm. They had been going since Athens and Gag decided to handle
it off the bike between the two than include other riders during the race.

Old May 3rd 04, 04:40 AM
no_pro

jim gravity wrote in message . ..
Rondechampion wrote:
Last night at the crit in Anniston, Al he attacked Johnny Sundt with a
2x4. He was upset about some of the meaningless crap that happens during
bike races and he tried to assult Johnny.
He caved in the down tube on Johnny's bike when Johnny used to bike to
protect himself.
This guy is a piece of crap and deserves to be suspended for a
long time.
He pulled a similar stunt a few years when he threw his bike at another
riders head and cut his head with the chainring.
I wish this guy would just go away.
USAC----please don't puss out and not suspend this a-hole.
the real rondechampion

his wife is a real champ too, working hard to make him proud in Arizona.

What, is she cutting courses, again?
Old May 3rd 04, 05:09 AM
Steven L. Sheffield

On 05/02/2004 09:18 PM, in article , "Carl
Sundquist" wrote:

"karlwithak" wrote in message
om...
does anyone rember the event where he post race he kicked out a dudes
handle bars when he rode up next to Gagg to yell at him

Davis Phinny was the commentator if was totally wacked, the dude was
very hurt

I have had more than a few dudes tell me his water bottles dont have
just water in them

John Brady was the guy who got his handlebar kicked out from underneath him.
The result was that he broke his femur. I think it was the Manhattan Beach
GP. Early 90's. I don't recall who kicked, though.

It was Gaggioli.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...2coff=1&safe=o
ff&threadm=3uv04b%24hsf%40newsbf02.news.aol.com&pr ev=/groups%3Fq%3Droberto%2
Bgaggioli%2Bjohn%2Bbrady

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old May 3rd 04, 05:44 AM
DanSchmatz

Nope, no defending anyone. I didn't even comment on what happened after the
race since I didn't see it. Of course swinging a 2x4 at anyone (unless your in
the wwf) is unacceptable but since I wasn't there to see it I left it alone.

I will say I am glad he didn't do anything straight away when I (or you) may
have gotten tangled in it.

dan
Old May 3rd 04, 08:22 AM
Benjamin Weiner

Bob Schwartz wrote:
Rondechampion wrote:
USAC----please don't puss out and not suspend this a-hole.

Were there no cops at the race?

I don't see where USAC has a role if the cops don't.

I have no knowledge of the facts or people involved, but USAC
does have an interest in rider comportment, or whatever it's
called. USCF rule 1.O.5. Abuse
(c) No licensee may assault [...] or do battery [...] to anyone
connected with any event (including but not limited to riders,
officials, spectators, public officials, etc.) held under a
USA Cycling permit [disqualified and suspended for one year]

I'm sure this rule isn't always enforced. Depends on the
egregiousness of the offense. And the number and importance
of the witnesses. IIRC, a couple of years ago, Nothstein got
kicked off a start line for having cussed at a cop while
warming up.

Old May 3rd 04, 06:12 PM
JTN

every year something of this sort comes up. always when the heat of summer
starts rising. interesting study could be made im sure.
heat and testosterone mixing could be volatile....

Old May 3rd 04, 09:35 PM
Chris

"Bob Schwartz" wrote in message
Rondechampion wrote:
USAC----please don't puss out and not suspend this a-hole.

Were there no cops at the race?

It does not sound like there were any law enforcement witnesses, but how
often is that the case?

I don't see where USAC has a role if the cops don't.

Clearly the "cops" would have a role it it was reported. Also, note that
Americans under their constitution can seek relief in civil actions if they
wish without the obligation to have law inforcement involved. It is
certainly a good idea in most cases to have them do most of the
investigation, but it is not a requirment.

Bob Schwartz