PASTY-FACED LIMEYS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE

Old June 10th 17, 02:20 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_5_]

Default PASTY-FACED LIMEYS GET WHAT THEY DESERVE

On Thu, 08 Jun 2017 14:35:05 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On Wed, 07 Jun 2017 17:50:53 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 13:26:42 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On Tue, 06 Jun 2017 12:14:16 +0100, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

On 6/6/2017 2:33 AM, Bod wrote:
Trump is on another planet, IMO.
I can see him getting impeached within a year.

US mayors have backed Sadiq Khan as he leads London in the aftermath of Saturday's terrorist attack while being criticised on Twitter by Donald Trump.

The US Conference of Mayors, which represents leaders of more than 1,400 cities, said it stood "united with Mayor Sadiq Khan of London and the people of London" following the attack.

http://news.sky.com/story/us-mayors-...r-row-10905648

Them bucky-toothed, pasty-faced folks over on the tiny island nation have brought the murderous horde of Islam to their own door. Too late now. When you **** in your own nest, you gotta lie down in it.
LOL

Indeed. Are there any human countries left?

Who cares? I hate all humans.

Are you some kind of freaky alien being?

Not in the least; I'm a native born citizen of the USA.
The most powerful country in the universe probably makes me seem alien to the likes of you.

You hate all humans, therefore you don't consider yourself human. What do you think you are? Do you believe Americans are not human?

We're better than you, and that's really what matters.

You have huge areas of land, in theory you should be doing ten times better than us. But you're not. Must be down to the lower IQ.

In your case I would definitely agree.
LOL

Old June 10th 17, 04:16 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On 6/6/2017 2:33 AM, Bod wrote:
[...]

You admit I have a high IQ then? Or have you completely misunderstood the conversation?

--
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Old June 10th 17, 07:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
rbowman[_2_]

On 06/10/2017 04:25 AM, Peter Keller wrote:
5 miles for me is nothing.

5 miles is a quick ride after work. If I ride to work or into town it's
20 or 30 miles RT. Still no big deal particularly if I'm just going to
work so the trip is split into two.

I must be unusual. I periodically pull aside to let faster traffic pass,
if necessary (not often).

I'm getting paranoid with old age. I seek out the bike paths, and there
are many here, or roads with wide shoulders. There's one ride I enjoy
but it is a curvy mountain road with no place to ride except right on
the fog line. I find I've been avoiding that one.

I don't see the point of mini-motorcycles when one can get such good
exercise and movement without the smells and noise and expense of the motor.

I've got three motorcycles that I also enjoy. It's a whole different
thing. Often I'll ride a motorcycle to work, get home, and go for a
bicycle ride.

Same with walking. I'll often ride the off road capable motorcycle to
the trail head, get off, and walk.
Old June 10th 17, 07:39 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
rbowman[_2_]

My car will go 120mph and get me across the country in a matter of
hours. How fast will your bicycle go?

how fast will your 120 mph chariot get you across London or some other
large city? When I lived in Boston (ours) a bike was faster than a car
or public transportation. For that matter, walking was faster than the
subway in the off hours.
Old June 10th 17, 07:41 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
rbowman[_2_]

I find running more enjoyable, and it's almost as fast.

Wait until your of an age to be interested in knee replacement surgery...
Old June 10th 17, 08:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 19:41:21 +0100, rbowman wrote:

I find running more enjoyable, and it's almost as fast.

Wait until your of an age to be interested in knee replacement surgery...

Actually I find cycling more likely to give me a sore knee.

Maybe you should do what I do and run barefoot. It prevents bad habits like planting your heel first, sending shockwaves through your joints.

--
Uncle Larry was smoking in a restaurant the other day when a guy came up to him and said, "That smoke's bothering me."
Larry said, "Well, it's killing me. If I don't care about what it's doing to me, why would I give a **** what it's doing to you?"
Old June 10th 17, 08:12 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 19:39:49 +0100, rbowman wrote:

My car will go 120mph and get me across the country in a matter of
hours. How fast will your bicycle go?

how fast will your 120 mph chariot get you across London or some other
large city? When I lived in Boston (ours) a bike was faster than a car
or public transportation. For that matter, walking was faster than the
subway in the off hours.

I avoid built up areas, I have no idea why people want to live there.

And the London Underground gets you anywhere you want very quickly indeed. You wait no more than 2 minutes and a train appears, then takes you to any part of London very quickly indeed.

--
I got the strangest recording when I called the phone company the other day.
It said, "You have been connected to the correct department on the first try. This is against company policy. Please hang up and redial."
Old June 10th 17, 08:13 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson Sword[_4_]

On Sat, 10 Jun 2017 19:37:26 +0100, rbowman wrote:

On 06/10/2017 04:25 AM, Peter Keller wrote:
5 miles for me is nothing.

5 miles is a quick ride after work. If I ride to work or into town it's
20 or 30 miles RT. Still no big deal particularly if I'm just going to
work so the trip is split into two.

I must be unusual. I periodically pull aside to let faster traffic pass,
if necessary (not often).

I'm getting paranoid with old age. I seek out the bike paths, and there
are many here, or roads with wide shoulders. There's one ride I enjoy
but it is a curvy mountain road with no place to ride except right on
the fog line. I find I've been avoiding that one.

What is a "fog line"?

--
A penny saved is ridiculous.
Old June 11th 17, 01:00 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
rbowman[_2_]

And the London Underground gets you anywhere you want very quickly
indeed. You wait no more than 2 minutes and a train appears, then takes
you to any part of London very quickly indeed.

Does it take you to the part you wanted to go to, or just any part?

Boston wasn't bad during the day but the trains could be sparse after 6
or 7 and they didn't seem to be well organized if you needed to move
from the Green to the Red line to get where you were going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooQqDetiw6s
Old June 11th 17, 01:14 AM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
rbowman[_2_]

What is a "fog line"?

It's a solid white line on the outside of the travel lane that marks the
edge of the lane. Historically it's to help you see the lane in foggy
conditions. It has no legal standing. You can be stopped for crossing
the center line but several court cases have determined drifting over
the fog line is not probable cause for a DUI stop.

In many cases there is a foot or more of pavement on the far side of the
line. On the road I was referring to the line is directly on the edge of
the pavement with nothing but a ditch off the pavement so a bicyclist
has no option but to be in the travel lane even if your wheels are
directly on the white line. Most people are good about giving you room
but in a land of dual wheeled pickups and horse trailers I get nervous.

They deserve it? Alycidon UK 4 August 17th 15 03:13 PM
why stupid people have difficulty when faced with the truth Henry[_4_] Racing 4 July 21st 10 08:01 PM
Watch the sleazy Limeys in action! [email protected] Techniques 43 August 16th 06 08:24 PM
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet, given the number of Limeys around here. P e t e F a g e r l i n Mountain Biking 7 October 20th 03 11:12 AM