A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Driver killed by brick weapon.



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old August 12th 17, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,192
Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 2:17:06 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 11/08/2017 14:42, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 1:04:46 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 10/08/2017 19:06, Simon Jester wrote:

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 4:51:06 PM UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 10/08/2017 15:54, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-van-M11.html


Unless you are saying it was a cyclist who through the concrete, I can
see no connection to cycling.

When this happened
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4212619.stm
It was treated as murder.

Manslaughter (can you not read?).


Originally treated as murder.


That hardly matters.


Why?
The case was originally treated as murder, that is a fact.


When this happened
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...rrific-6782055
It was treated as a childish prank.

A rope stretched right across Egrement Promenade?


Are you claiming it didn't happen?


Not at all.

I am at least as aware as you of the regard in which cyclists are held
by the majority of people.


And that is OK with you?
If 'the majority of people' decided to exterminate all left handed redheads what should the authorities do?
Supply names, addresses and weapons? Or protect the minority?


It must be sixty feet
wide between possible anchoring points and the rope would be very
visible at normal approach speeds.


At night?


Don't cyclists use their low powered version of headlights at night, then?


The vast majority do, thanks for your support.


Or doesn't it matter whether or not they do use lights because they
stare at the ground below the front wheel in an effort to achieve and
maintain speed?


The primary vehicle is question is pictured in the article.
Anyone with a brain bigger than that of a fruit fly can see it is designed for an upright riding position.


As it happens, I distinctly remember that cycling was banned on the prom
(yes, all the way from Seacombe to New Brighton) when I was a boy.


http://tinyurl.com/yd44mc9v


The picture shows a cycle lane.


And?


You admit cyclists can use the prom in question.


Did Merseyside Police ever manage to trace the alleged prankster?


Do your own research.


It was unjustified and all that, but I'm really not that bothered about
the case.


So you think it is OK to attempt to murder cyclists?


One might have expected yopu to be a bit more exercised about it.

But clearly not.

Have a problem with women, do you?


Unlike you I am not sexist or racist or religionist or vehicleist, people are people.




Ads
  #12  
Old August 12th 17, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,917
Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

On 12/08/2017 14:25, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 2:17:06 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 11/08/2017 14:42, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 1:04:46 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 10/08/2017 19:06, Simon Jester wrote:

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 4:51:06 PM UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 10/08/2017 15:54, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-van-M11.html


Unless you are saying it was a cyclist who through the concrete, I can
see no connection to cycling.

When this happened
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4212619.stm
It was treated as murder.

Manslaughter (can you not read?).

Originally treated as murder.


That hardly matters.


Why?
The case was originally treated as murder, that is a fact.


"Treating" a suspicious or other sudden death as murder does not mean
that it was, or will turn out to be, murder.

When this happened
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...rrific-6782055
It was treated as a childish prank.

A rope stretched right across Egrement Promenade?

Are you claiming it didn't happen?


Not at all.

I am at least as aware as you of the regard in which cyclists are held
by the majority of people.


And that is OK with you?
If 'the majority of people' decided to exterminate all left handed redheads what should the authorities do?
Supply names, addresses and weapons? Or protect the minority?


It must be sixty feet
wide between possible anchoring points and the rope would be very
visible at normal approach speeds.


At night?


Don't cyclists use their low powered version of headlights at night, then?


The vast majority do, thanks for your support.


Or doesn't it matter whether or not they do use lights because they
stare at the ground below the front wheel in an effort to achieve and
maintain speed?


The primary vehicle is question is pictured in the article.


Translation?

Anyone with a brain bigger than that of a fruit fly can see it is designed for an upright riding position.


All bicycles are meant to be ridden with the cyclist looking ahead (and
occasionally around him). All cyclists are meant to keep a look out for
obstruction of all sorts (just like drivers are).

As it happens, I distinctly remember that cycling was banned on the prom
(yes, all the way from Seacombe to New Brighton) when I was a boy.


http://tinyurl.com/yd44mc9v


The picture shows a cycle lane.


And?


You admit cyclists can use the prom in question.


They always could.

English isn't your strong subject, is it?

Did Merseyside Police ever manage to trace the alleged prankster?

Do your own research.


It was unjustified and all that, but I'm really not that bothered about
the case.


So you think it is OK to attempt to murder cyclists?


There you go with your defective English. Which bit of "unjustified" did
you fail to understand?

One might have expected yopu to be a bit more exercised about it.
But clearly not.


Have a problem with women, do you?


Unlike you I am not sexist or racist or religionist or vehicleist, people are people.


Unless they are women, when, as far as you are concerned, they've got it
coming?
  #13  
Old August 12th 17, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,192
Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 3:03:32 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 12/08/2017 14:25, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 2:17:06 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 11/08/2017 14:42, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 1:04:46 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 10/08/2017 19:06, Simon Jester wrote:

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 4:51:06 PM UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 10/08/2017 15:54, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-van-M11.html


Unless you are saying it was a cyclist who through the concrete, I can
see no connection to cycling.

When this happened
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4212619.stm
It was treated as murder.

Manslaughter (can you not read?).

Originally treated as murder.

That hardly matters.


Why?
The case was originally treated as murder, that is a fact.


"Treating" a suspicious or other sudden death as murder does not mean
that it was, or will turn out to be, murder.


So why did you say
'Manslaughter (can you not read?).'
I look forward to reading your public apology.


When this happened
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...rrific-6782055
It was treated as a childish prank.

A rope stretched right across Egrement Promenade?

Are you claiming it didn't happen?

Not at all.

I am at least as aware as you of the regard in which cyclists are held
by the majority of people.


And that is OK with you?
If 'the majority of people' decided to exterminate all left handed redheads what should the authorities do?
Supply names, addresses and weapons? Or protect the minority?


It must be sixty feet
wide between possible anchoring points and the rope would be very
visible at normal approach speeds.

At night?

Don't cyclists use their low powered version of headlights at night, then?


The vast majority do, thanks for your support.


Or doesn't it matter whether or not they do use lights because they
stare at the ground below the front wheel in an effort to achieve and
maintain speed?


The primary vehicle is question is pictured in the article.


Translation?


No translation should be necessary.


Anyone with a brain bigger than that of a fruit fly can see it is designed for an upright riding position.


All bicycles are meant to be ridden with the cyclist looking ahead (and
occasionally around him). All cyclists are meant to keep a look out for
obstruction of all sorts (just like drivers are).


So you agree your comment about cyclists riding with their heads down was pure bigotry and you are now moving the goalposts to avoid admitting you are wrong.


As it happens, I distinctly remember that cycling was banned on the prom
(yes, all the way from Seacombe to New Brighton) when I was a boy.


http://tinyurl.com/yd44mc9v


The picture shows a cycle lane.


And?


You admit cyclists can use the prom in question.


They always could.


Your words

"As it happens, I distinctly remember that cycling was banned on the prom
(yes, all the way from Seacombe to New Brighton) when I was a boy."

Make your mind up



English isn't your strong subject, is it?

Did Merseyside Police ever manage to trace the alleged prankster?

Do your own research.

It was unjustified and all that, but I'm really not that bothered about
the case.


So you think it is OK to attempt to murder cyclists?


There you go with your defective English. Which bit of "unjustified" did
you fail to understand?

One might have expected yopu to be a bit more exercised about it.
But clearly not.


Have a problem with women, do you?


Unlike you I am not sexist or racist or religionist or vehicleist, people are people.


Unless they are women, when, as far as you are concerned, they've got it
coming?


I assume you have evidence to support this claim.

  #14  
Old August 12th 17, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,917
Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

On 12/08/2017 15:48, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 3:03:32 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 12/08/2017 14:25, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 2:17:06 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 11/08/2017 14:42, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 1:04:46 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 10/08/2017 19:06, Simon Jester wrote:

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 4:51:06 PM UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 10/08/2017 15:54, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-van-M11.html


Unless you are saying it was a cyclist who through the concrete, I can
see no connection to cycling.

When this happened
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4212619.stm
It was treated as murder.

Manslaughter (can you not read?).

Originally treated as murder.

That hardly matters.

Why?
The case was originally treated as murder, that is a fact.


"Treating" a suspicious or other sudden death as murder does not mean
that it was, or will turn out to be, murder.


So why did you say
'Manslaughter (can you not read?).'
I look forward to reading your public apology.


For what?

Getting it right when you got it wrong?

You'll be waiting a fair while.

When this happened
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...rrific-6782055
It was treated as a childish prank.

A rope stretched right across Egrement Promenade?

Are you claiming it didn't happen?

Not at all.

I am at least as aware as you of the regard in which cyclists are held
by the majority of people.

And that is OK with you?
If 'the majority of people' decided to exterminate all left handed redheads what should the authorities do?
Supply names, addresses and weapons? Or protect the minority?


It must be sixty feet
wide between possible anchoring points and the rope would be very
visible at normal approach speeds.

At night?

Don't cyclists use their low powered version of headlights at night, then?

The vast majority do, thanks for your support.


Or doesn't it matter whether or not they do use lights because they
stare at the ground below the front wheel in an effort to achieve and
maintain speed?

The primary vehicle is question is pictured in the article.


Translation?


No translation should be necessary.


That's a truism.

Now, what about a translation?

Anyone with a brain bigger than that of a fruit fly can see it is designed for an upright riding position.


All bicycles are meant to be ridden with the cyclist looking ahead (and
occasionally around him). All cyclists are meant to keep a look out for
obstruction of all sorts (just like drivers are).


So you agree your comment about cyclists riding with their heads down was pure bigotry and you are now moving the goalposts to avoid admitting you are wrong.


There are two things at play he

(a) what should happen, and

(b) what does happen.

Cyclists *should* look where they're going. But sometimes - frequently,
in fact - they *don't*, especially when trying to break their personal
worst speed or similar.

Did you read what the lady in question said?

QUOTE:
“If I was going any faster I could’ve been killed.

“I usually do go quite fast because it’s a straight run and you can pick
up a lot of speed."
ENDQUOTE

She might or might not have been intently concentrating on the ground
below the front wheel. Only she knows which.

But she failed to see the rope. This was a life-belt rope, by the way.
Not a wire and not a thin cord. It must be the best part of an inch thick.

As it happens, I distinctly remember that cycling was banned on the prom
(yes, all the way from Seacombe to New Brighton) when I was a boy.


http://tinyurl.com/yd44mc9v


The picture shows a cycle lane.


And?


You admit cyclists can use the prom in question.


They always could.


Your words


....are used correctly and accurately:

"As it happens, I distinctly remember that cycling was banned on the prom
(yes, all the way from Seacombe to New Brighton) when I was a boy."

Make your mind up


But yours aren't.

English isn't your strong subject, is it?

English isn't your strong subject, is it?


Did Merseyside Police ever manage to trace the alleged prankster?


Do your own research.


It was unjustified and all that, but I'm really not that bothered about
the case.


So you think it is OK to attempt to murder cyclists?


There you go with your defective English. Which bit of "unjustified" did
you fail to understand?


One might have expected yopu to be a bit more exercised about it.
But clearly not.


Have a problem with women, do you?


Unlike you I am not sexist or racist or religionist or vehicleist, people are people.


Unless they are women, when, as far as you are concerned, they've got it
coming?


I assume you have evidence to support this claim.


Only how you claim to be bothered about the case but don't seem
concerned enough to have researched the outcome. If it had been Bradders
you'd have been beavering away at the web trying to get up to date info.

I was surprised when you confirmed your lack of interest in the medical
outcome. There has to be an explanation of some sort.
  #15  
Old August 12th 17, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,020
Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

On 12/08/17 16:48, JNugent wrote:

QUOTE:
“If I was going any faster I could’ve been killed.

“I usually do go quite fast because it’s a straight run and you can pick
up a lot of speed."
ENDQUOTE


That can mean anything. For some, 15mph can feel like a "lot of speed".
Given that proms tend to be fairly level and it's a £100 bike with
knobbly tyres, it's more than likely. But I am sure you would disagree.

She might or might not have been intently concentrating on the ground
below the front wheel. Only she knows which.


Perhaps the rope might not have caught her under the chin had she had
her head down (as per your uninformed idea of riding positions).

Besides, any road user (including drivers, even you) is accustomed to
look for things connected to the road and disturbing the background, not
for something static floating above it. The visual system works mostly
about matching things to past experience so would take several seconds
to work out something so unfamiliar.

But she failed to see the rope. This was a life-belt rope, by the way.
Not a wire and not a thin cord. It must be the best part of an inch thick.


A life belt rope an inch thick? Wow, folk are tough in those parts.

A few weeks ago someone posted a link about a Range Rover driver failing
to see something considerably bigger and which should have correlated to
something seen before. The back of a bus.

  #16  
Old August 12th 17, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,754
Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

TMS320 wrote:
On 12/08/17 16:48, JNugent wrote:

QUOTE:
"If I was going any faster I could've been killed.

"I usually do go quite fast because it's a straight run and you can
pick up a lot of speed."
ENDQUOTE


That can mean anything. For some, 15mph can feel like a "lot of
speed". Given that proms tend to be fairly level and it's a 100 bike
with knobbly tyres, it's more than likely. But I am sure you would
disagree.
She might or might not have been intently concentrating on the ground
below the front wheel. Only she knows which.


Perhaps the rope might not have caught her under the chin had she had
her head down (as per your uninformed idea of riding positions).

Besides, any road user (including drivers, even you) is accustomed to
look for things connected to the road and disturbing the background,
not for something static floating above it. The visual system works
mostly about matching things to past experience so would take several
seconds to work out something so unfamiliar.

But she failed to see the rope. This was a life-belt rope, by the
way. Not a wire and not a thin cord. It must be the best part of an
inch thick.


A life belt rope an inch thick? Wow, folk are tough in those parts.

A few weeks ago someone posted a link about a Range Rover driver
failing to see something considerably bigger and which should have
correlated to something seen before. The back of a bus.


If nobody has told you that you are a boring ****, please allow me to be the
first.


  #17  
Old August 12th 17, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,192
Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 4:48:51 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 12/08/2017 15:48, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 3:03:32 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 12/08/2017 14:25, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, August 12, 2017 at 2:17:06 AM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 11/08/2017 14:42, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 1:04:46 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 10/08/2017 19:06, Simon Jester wrote:

On Thursday, August 10, 2017 at 4:51:06 PM UTC+1, Tony Dragon wrote:
On 10/08/2017 15:54, wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-van-M11.html


Unless you are saying it was a cyclist who through the concrete, I can
see no connection to cycling.

When this happened
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/4212619.stm
It was treated as murder.

Manslaughter (can you not read?).

Originally treated as murder.

That hardly matters.

Why?
The case was originally treated as murder, that is a fact.

"Treating" a suspicious or other sudden death as murder does not mean
that it was, or will turn out to be, murder.


So why did you say
'Manslaughter (can you not read?).'
I look forward to reading your public apology.


For what?

Getting it right when you got it wrong?

You'll be waiting a fair while.

When this happened
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...rrific-6782055
It was treated as a childish prank.

A rope stretched right across Egrement Promenade?

Are you claiming it didn't happen?

Not at all.

I am at least as aware as you of the regard in which cyclists are held
by the majority of people.

And that is OK with you?
If 'the majority of people' decided to exterminate all left handed redheads what should the authorities do?
Supply names, addresses and weapons? Or protect the minority?


It must be sixty feet
wide between possible anchoring points and the rope would be very
visible at normal approach speeds.

At night?

Don't cyclists use their low powered version of headlights at night, then?

The vast majority do, thanks for your support.


Or doesn't it matter whether or not they do use lights because they
stare at the ground below the front wheel in an effort to achieve and
maintain speed?

The primary vehicle is question is pictured in the article.

Translation?


No translation should be necessary.


That's a truism.

Now, what about a translation?

Anyone with a brain bigger than that of a fruit fly can see it is designed for an upright riding position.

All bicycles are meant to be ridden with the cyclist looking ahead (and
occasionally around him). All cyclists are meant to keep a look out for
obstruction of all sorts (just like drivers are).


So you agree your comment about cyclists riding with their heads down was pure bigotry and you are now moving the goalposts to avoid admitting you are wrong.


There are two things at play he

(a) what should happen, and

(b) what does happen.

Cyclists *should* look where they're going. But sometimes - frequently,
in fact - they *don't*, especially when trying to break their personal
worst speed or similar.

Did you read what the lady in question said?

QUOTE:
“If I was going any faster I could’ve been killed.

“I usually do go quite fast because it’s a straight run and you can pick
up a lot of speed."
ENDQUOTE

She might or might not have been intently concentrating on the ground
below the front wheel. Only she knows which.

But she failed to see the rope. This was a life-belt rope, by the way.
Not a wire and not a thin cord. It must be the best part of an inch thick..

As it happens, I distinctly remember that cycling was banned on the prom
(yes, all the way from Seacombe to New Brighton) when I was a boy.


http://tinyurl.com/yd44mc9v


The picture shows a cycle lane.


And?


You admit cyclists can use the prom in question.


They always could.


Your words


...are used correctly and accurately:

"As it happens, I distinctly remember that cycling was banned on the prom
(yes, all the way from Seacombe to New Brighton) when I was a boy."

Make your mind up


But yours aren't.

English isn't your strong subject, is it?

English isn't your strong subject, is it?


Did Merseyside Police ever manage to trace the alleged prankster?


Do your own research.


It was unjustified and all that, but I'm really not that bothered about
the case.


So you think it is OK to attempt to murder cyclists?


There you go with your defective English. Which bit of "unjustified" did
you fail to understand?


One might have expected yopu to be a bit more exercised about it.
But clearly not.


Have a problem with women, do you?


Unlike you I am not sexist or racist or religionist or vehicleist, people are people.


Unless they are women, when, as far as you are concerned, they've got it
coming?


I assume you have evidence to support this claim.


Only how you claim to be bothered about the case but don't seem
concerned enough to have researched the outcome. If it had been Bradders
you'd have been beavering away at the web trying to get up to date info.

I was surprised when you confirmed your lack of interest in the medical
outcome. There has to be an explanation of some sort.


So to sum up.
When the victim is a cyclist it was the victims fault.
When the victim is a motorist it is someone else's fault.
Thank you for proving my point.
  #18  
Old August 14th 17, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,020
Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

On 12/08/17 21:29, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
TMS320 wrote:
On 12/08/17 16:48, JNugent wrote:

QUOTE: "If I was going any faster I could've been killed.

"I usually do go quite fast because it's a straight run and you
can pick up a lot of speed." ENDQUOTE


That can mean anything. For some, 15mph can feel like a "lot of
speed". Given that proms tend to be fairly level and it's a £100
bike with knobbly tyres, it's more than likely. But I am sure you
would disagree.
She might or might not have been intently concentrating on the
ground below the front wheel. Only she knows which.


Perhaps the rope might not have caught her under the chin had she
had her head down (as per your uninformed idea of riding
positions).

Besides, any road user (including drivers, even you) is accustomed
to look for things connected to the road and disturbing the
background, not for something static floating above it. The visual
system works mostly about matching things to past experience so
would take several seconds to work out something so unfamiliar.

But she failed to see the rope. This was a life-belt rope, by
the way. Not a wire and not a thin cord. It must be the best part
of an inch thick.


A life belt rope an inch thick? Wow, folk are tough in those
parts.

A few weeks ago someone posted a link about a Range Rover driver
failing to see something considerably bigger and which should have
correlated to something seen before. The back of a bus.


If nobody has told you that you are a boring ****, please allow me to
be the first.


I have no interest in entertaining the likes of you. Why do you come to
this group if you don't like what's on offer?

  #19  
Old August 14th 17, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Kerr-Mudd,John
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9
Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:12:23 +0100, TMS320 wrote:

On 12/08/17 21:29, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:


[actual real post about real stuff snipped]

If nobody has told you that you are a boring ****, please allow me to
be the first.


I have no interest in entertaining the likes of you. Why do you come to
this group if you don't like what's on offer?


He's a sad moaner. Irrational outbursts and generalised hatred are his "bag".


--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
  #20  
Old August 14th 17, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,917
Default Driver killed by brick weapon.

On 12/08/2017 21:21, TMS320 wrote:
On 12/08/17 16:48, JNugent wrote:

QUOTE:
“If I was going any faster I could’ve been killed.

“I usually do go quite fast because it’s a straight run and you can
pick up a lot of speed."
ENDQUOTE


That can mean anything. For some, 15mph can feel like a "lot of speed".
Given that proms tend to be fairly level and it's a £100 bike with
knobbly tyres, it's more than likely. But I am sure you would disagree.

She might or might not have been intently concentrating on the ground
below the front wheel. Only she knows which.


Perhaps the rope might not have caught her under the chin had she had
her head down (as per your uninformed idea of riding positions).

Besides, any road user (including drivers, even you) is accustomed to
look for things connected to the road and disturbing the background, not
for something static floating above it. The visual system works mostly
about matching things to past experience so would take several seconds
to work out something so unfamiliar.

But she failed to see the rope. This was a life-belt rope, by the way.
Not a wire and not a thin cord. It must be the best part of an inch
thick.


A life belt rope an inch thick? Wow, folk are tough in those parts.


The Mersey is an estuarial river a mile wide at that location. The
currents are phenomenal. Parcel twine won't do.

A few weeks ago someone posted a link about a Range Rover driver failing
to see something considerably bigger and which should have correlated to
something seen before. The back of a bus.


And?
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Horse rider attacked with bicycle weapon and brick MrCheerful UK 49 February 1st 17 11:49 PM
Another pedestrian killed by a bicycle weapon. Mrcheerful UK 3 November 19th 14 10:08 AM
Man killed by falling granite slab weapon. [email protected] UK 5 June 2nd 11 08:42 AM
driver uses car as weapon, driver gets life Brimstone[_9_] UK 79 October 23rd 10 10:08 AM
Driver uses her car as a weapon, Deptford spindrift UK 48 March 13th 07 11:17 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.