Wenting!!!

Old May 27th 05, 06:09 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default Wenting!!!

Resound wrote:

"TimC" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 02:43 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
Resound wrote:
"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
aus.bicycle is now aus.geek.dating

Typical. I sooooo could have used that a year ago. Oh well; I'm happy
now.

Happy... why? Did you find your dream bike?

Was that Resound on the Cycling Central competition skit, pulling the
bike out from under the covers?

If only. Found a geek girl though

Congrats!

They're the second best kind!

(cycling and geekery would be the best. I'm actually (very) slowly
working on one of those)

[advice on riding in traffic:] make eye contact with drivers at every
possible opportunity. If they make eye contact, they'll feel worse
about running over you. -- Davidm @ aus.bicycle

She commutes by bike, about 17km each way. So she is, in fact, a cycling
geek chick. Who is a bibliophile. (I will never, ever, want for a book to
read ever again)

*looks smug*

I spent over 18 months single before I ran into her though, hence the
whinge. As I said, I'm happy now but there was a point in time when I was
climbing the walls.

And I suppose she's in the same city as you, also?

*grumble*

Or at least the same country?

*whinge*

Where did you meet? (I take it you didn't actually "run into her.") I
doubt it was cycling. The only guys I meet are the revheads, at the
traffic lights.

Tam
Old May 27th 05, 06:16 AM
Resound

Resound wrote:
[...]

Mutual friend of a friend of a friend chance meeting. I have yet to work
out a social filter that tells me where intelligent women tend to hang out.
If you know of one, I've got a friend in his early 20s (medium level geek,
beginner cyclist) who could use some pointers. I've got no idea what to tell
him.

Old May 27th 05, 06:21 AM
TimC

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:04 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)
She commutes by bike, about 17km each way. So she is, in fact, a cycling
geek chick. Who is a bibliophile. (I will never, ever, want for a book to
read ever again)

*looks smug*

*******. No more sympathies for you next time you get a flat.

I spent over 18 months single before I ran into her though

Poor baby!

4 years. No, I am NOT BITTER.

Never trust a man who can count to 1,023 on his fingers.
Old May 27th 05, 06:23 AM
LotteBum

Where did you meet? (I take it you didn't actually "run into her.")
doubt it was cycling. The only guys I meet are the revheads, at th
traffic lights

Oh Tam, they're the best ones. Pick one for me while you're at it.

And we're not talking about cyber-romances here - we're talking abou
stalking. What I am after is the latter...

LotteBum - TOOOO many wines at lunch.... not sure I should be at work

--
LotteBum

Old May 27th 05, 06:24 AM
TimC

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:16 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)
"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
*whinge*

Where did you meet? (I take it you didn't actually "run into her.") I
doubt it was cycling. The only guys I meet are the revheads, at the
traffic lights.

Tam

Mutual friend of a friend of a friend chance meeting. I have yet to work
out a social filter that tells me where intelligent women tend to hang out.
If you know of one, I've got a friend in his early 20s (medium level geek,
beginner cyclist) who could use some pointers. I've got no idea what to tell
him.

Heh. And pass it this way please. Earlish 20s (getting older, joints
failing already), high level geek, medium level cyclist

Look - a diversion! It's shiny! -- Daniel Stone
Old May 27th 05, 06:25 AM
Tamyka Bell

Resound wrote:

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message

snip

Where did you meet? (I take it you didn't actually "run into her.") I
doubt it was cycling. The only guys I meet are the revheads, at the
traffic lights.

Mutual friend of a friend of a friend chance meeting. I have yet to work
out a social filter that tells me where intelligent women tend to hang out.
If you know of one, I've got a friend in his early 20s (medium level geek,
beginner cyclist) who could use some pointers. I've got no idea what to tell
him.

The problem with intelligent women (and men) is that they don't "hang
out" - they are too busy doing cool stuff.

Probably won't help to tell your friend that.

What is -medium level- ?

Tam
Old May 27th 05, 06:28 AM
Tamyka Bell

TimC wrote:

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:16 GMT, Resound (aka Bruce)
"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
*whinge*

Where did you meet? (I take it you didn't actually "run into her.") I
doubt it was cycling. The only guys I meet are the revheads, at the
traffic lights.

Tam

Mutual friend of a friend of a friend chance meeting. I have yet to work
out a social filter that tells me where intelligent women tend to hang out.
If you know of one, I've got a friend in his early 20s (medium level geek,
beginner cyclist) who could use some pointers. I've got no idea what to tell
him.

Heh. And pass it this way please. Earlish 20s (getting older, joints
failing already), high level geek, medium level cyclist

Actually, there is this one place...

http://tinyurl.com/b3sjr
Old May 27th 05, 06:29 AM
Tamyka Bell

LotteBum wrote:

Where did you meet? (I take it you didn't actually "run into her.") I
doubt it was cycling. The only guys I meet are the revheads, at the
traffic lights.

Oh Tam, they're the best ones. Pick one for me while you're at it.

And we're not talking about cyber-romances here - we're talking about
stalking. What I am after is the latter...

LotteBum - TOOOO many wines at lunch.... not sure I should be at work.

I had a stalker once. He found me at puppy training. (Unfortunately he
was not a cute puppy.)

Excited about your weekend now?

Tam
Old May 27th 05, 06:43 AM
LotteBum

Mutual friend of a friend of a friend chance meeting. I have yet t

wor
out a social filter that tells me where intelligent women tend t

hang out

Depends what you mean by 'intelligent'? Are we talking normal women
able to hold a reasonable conversation or are we talking rocke
scientists? I know for a fact that most of my girlfriends are too bus
having fun to really think about 'hanging out' if you know what I mean.
I think it's a bit harsh for anyone to say that they want someon
'intelligent' as in 'smart' or 'educated' etc. I know plenty of nice
sensible secretaries, hairdressers, teachers etc.

If you know of one, I've got a friend in his early 20s (medium leve

geek
beginner cyclist) who could use some pointers. I've got no idea wha

to tel
him

I know it sounds like such a cliche, but I would tell him to just hav
fun - that someone will come along when he least expects it.

LotteBum *vomit

P.S. So when do I get my stalker???!!!

--
LotteBum

Old May 27th 05, 06:43 AM
TimC

On Fri, 27 May 2005 at 05:28 GMT, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
TimC wrote:
Heh. And pass it this way please. Earlish 20s (getting older, joints
failing already), high level geek, medium level cyclist

Actually, there is this one place...

http://tinyurl.com/b3sjr

Yeah, but the people there only seem to meet people interstate^Wout of
the country.

*ducks*.

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs. --unknown