"torque wrench" pump/compressor

Old October 11th 18, 07:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Default "torque wrench" pump/compressor

Just out of curiosity, is there a "torque
wrench" pump or compressor? I.e., you would
screw on the presta valve, set the gizmo to
e.g. 35psi, engage it, and instead of watching
the indicator, automagically at the right level
it would stop?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Old October 11th 18, 10:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 08:54:38 +0200, Emanuel Berg
wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is there a "torque
wrench" pump or compressor? I.e., you would
screw on the presta valve, set the gizmo to
e.g. 35psi, engage it, and instead of watching
the indicator, automagically at the right level
it would stop?

Most of the gas stations here use an air station that you can set for
your desired pressure and then just plug the hose onto the tire valve
- there is a little clamp to hold it there. When the tire is inflated
to the specified pressure the inflation stops and a bell rings.

Since they aren't manufactured here I had assumed that the rest of the
world had them too.
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old October 11th 18, 02:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/11/2018 1:54 AM, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is there a "torque
wrench" pump or compressor? I.e., you would
screw on the presta valve, set the gizmo to
e.g. 35psi, engage it, and instead of watching
the indicator, automagically at the right level
it would stop?

WTF? Did I miss your joke?

http://www.pneumaticplus.com/air-regulator/

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 11th 18, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

AMuzi wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is there a "torque
wrench" pump or compressor? I.e., you would
screw on the presta valve, set the gizmo to
e.g. 35psi, engage it, and instead of
watching the indicator, automagically at the
right level it would stop?

WTF? Did I miss your joke?

You don't have to be condescending. Instead be
happy you have so advanced technology at your
business! OK, so it is called an air regulator.

Don't forget to answer my still-unanswered
question on "65 PSI". Unless of course you only
want to answer my "joke" questions?

Old October 11th 18, 05:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is there a "torque
wrench" pump or compressor? I.e., you would
screw on the presta valve, set the gizmo to
e.g. 35psi, engage it, and instead of watching
the indicator, automagically at the right level
it would stop?

Most of the gas stations here use an air station that you can set for
your desired pressure and then just plug the hose onto the tire valve
- there is a little clamp to hold it there. When the tire is inflated
to the specified pressure the inflation stops and a bell rings.

Since they aren't manufactured here I had assumed that the rest of the
world had them too.

My experience from 50+ years ago says not to rely on those things, although I suppose they may be different now.

Back then I blew a tire off the rim with one. I suspect the problem was the volume of each pumping stroke. In a large sized car tire, the volume surge with each big stroke would be absorbed and barely raise the pressure. In a low volume bike tire, it caused an explosion. That's my guess anyway.

I usually inflate using a manual floor pump with a gage. It's easy enough to stop pumping when the dial reads the desired temperature.

- Frank Krygowski

Old October 11th 18, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 10:55:07 AM UTC-4, Emanuel Berg wrote:
AMuzi wrote:

Just out of curiosity, is there a "torque
wrench" pump or compressor? I.e., you would
screw on the presta valve, set the gizmo to
e.g. 35psi, engage it, and instead of
watching the indicator, automagically at the
right level it would stop?

WTF? Did I miss your joke?

You don't have to be condescending. Instead be
happy you have so advanced technology at your
business! OK, so it is called an air regulator.

Don't forget to answer my still-unanswered
question on "65 PSI". Unless of course you only
want to answer my "joke" questions?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

You need to understand that a lot of your "questions" sound suspiciously like trolling. Why not get a GOOD book on bicycle repair and learn the proper basic terminology and repair methods? Plus, with a good book you'd have the information at hand and not have to wait for replies from here.

BTW, as Frank stated, using a HIGH volume gas station air hose to fill a road-bicycle tire that has a comparatively very low volume will almost guarantee you'll blow your bicycle tire unless you're very quick at attaching and disengaging the hose.

Cheers
Old October 11th 18, 06:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Don't you mean, when the dial reads the desired foot-pounds?

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA
Old October 11th 18, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Emanuel Berg[_2_]

Sir Ridesalot wrote:

You need to understand that a lot of your
"questions" sound suspiciously like trolling.
Why not get a GOOD book on bicycle repair and
learn the proper basic terminology and repair
methods? Plus, with a good book you'd have
the information at hand and not have to wait
for replies from here.

I don't "need" or "have" to do anything. I do
exactly what I want. Like now for example, what
I want to do is add you to my KILL file.
But don't worry, there are tons of negativistic
lamers there already to keep you company.

Old October 11th 18, 06:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Theodore Heise[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Or lumens, if you want a multiple thread tie.

--
Ted Heise West Lafayette, IN, USA
Old October 11th 18, 07:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 1:55:08 PM UTC-4, Emanuel Berg wrote:
Sir Ridesalot wrote:

You need to understand that a lot of your
"questions" sound suspiciously like trolling.
Why not get a GOOD book on bicycle repair and
learn the proper basic terminology and repair
methods? Plus, with a good book you'd have
the information at hand and not have to wait
for replies from here.

I don't "need" or "have" to do anything. I do
exactly what I want. Like now for example, what
I want to do is add you to my KILL file.
But don't worry, there are tons of negativistic
lamers there already to keep you company.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

That you're trolling is confirmed!

Cheerio

loosen nut before torque wrench torque? Emanuel Berg[_2_] Techniques 0 July 17th 18 08:36 AM
winged dome nut (photo) and "master wrench" Emanuel Berg Techniques 24 July 2nd 16 03:15 AM
which torque wrench? Steve Watkin UK 69 September 1st 06 04:54 PM
looking for a "wrench force" supplier? Bleve Australia 8 September 6th 05 03:24 AM
Torque wrench cc Mountain Biking 10 February 25th 05 05:01 AM