Senior Olympics

Old August 2nd 04, 11:53 PM
Edward Dolan

Default Senior Olympics

"Child" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Nope! I only care what I think and I have already been fully informed on
innumerable occasions what others think of me. But they have not yet

heard
what I think of them (calling names does not count - that is just fun

and
games).

And they probably could give a flying ****.

But I will have the satisfaction of telling them what I think of them,
including you too. And I know everyone will read what I have to say about
them, including you too.

By the way, it is one thing for men to use rough language, but women really
should not enter into this particular arena. You do not want us to think you
are a slut and a whore do you?

By the way, Usenet, as it is being played out here on ARBR, is really

quite
a cozy little group. All we are doing is just passing emails back and

forth
which others can get in on. No one here is anonymous - and I have never

met
anyone in my life who didn't care what someone else might think of him.

I certainly care professionally what people think of me, but I could care
less what you think of me.

So says Beth of Anchorage, Alaska, but I think she does protest too much!

If you write professionally like you do to this newsgroup, I can already
tell you what others think of you. But it is never much fun to be judged and
found wanting. I don't blame you for being concerned about your standing
both professionally and on this newsgroup.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 3rd 04, 05:41 PM
Child

"Child" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

Nope! I only care what I think and I have already been fully informed

on
innumerable occasions what others think of me. But they have not yet

heard
what I think of them (calling names does not count - that is just fun

and
games).

And they probably could give a flying ****.

But I will have the satisfaction of telling them what I think of them,
including you too. And I know everyone will read what I have to say about
them, including you too.

You have fun!

By the way, it is one thing for men to use rough language, but women

really
should not enter into this particular arena. You do not want us to think

you
are a slut and a whore do you?

I think you might be a tad confused. A whore ****s for money, a slut just
****s around and I just say ****. Nothing whorish or slutty about it.
Crude and uncouth certainly. But its crude and uncouth when men do it as
well.

[...]

Certainly, my professional writing is different than usenet writing. Doh!

Old August 3rd 04, 08:56 PM
Edward Dolan

"Child" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[,,,]
By the way, it is one thing for men to use rough language, but women

really
should not enter into this particular arena. You do not want us to think

you
are a slut and a whore do you?

I think you might be a tad confused. A whore ****s for money, a slut just
****s around and I just say ****. Nothing whorish or slutty about it.
Crude and uncouth certainly. But its crude and uncouth when men do it as
well.

No, we men can get away with murder because that is the kind of slobs we
are. We are to the manner born. But for a woman to do it is many steps down
the ladder of evolution. You do not ever want to play at these kind of games
with men. You will lose every time because with you it is nothing but an
affectation whereas with us men it comes naturally. Trust me on this. You
are going to make a god-awful fool of yourself if you persist in your
nonsense.

The fact is that you are what you say. Language counts - whether it is
written or spoken. I am really surprised you do not know this. Did you skip
kindergarten?
[...]

If you write professionally like you do to this newsgroup, I can already
tell you what others think of you. But it is never much fun to be judged

and
found wanting. I don't blame you for being concerned about your standing
both professionally and on this newsgroup.

Certainly, my professional writing is different than usenet writing. Doh!

Prove it! Frankly, I doubt it. I don't think you know how to write well.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 3rd 04, 09:22 PM
Child

"Child" wrote in message

[...]

No, you are nothing more than a sexist, believing men are naturally coarse
and crude and women are sweetness and light. Neither generalization is true,
nor fair to either gender.

The fact is that you are what you say. Language counts - whether it is
written or spoken. I am really surprised you do not know this. Did you

skip
kindergarten?

You are what you say.

I am much more than a bunch of words. Actions speak louder, and all that
jazz.

If you write professionally like you do to this newsgroup, I can

already
tell you what others think of you. But it is never much fun to be

judged
and
found wanting. I don't blame you for being concerned about your

standing
both professionally and on this newsgroup.

Certainly, my professional writing is different than usenet writing.

Doh!

Prove it! Frankly, I doubt it. I don't think you know how to write well.

LOL, I don't need to prove anything to you, Eddie.

Old August 3rd 04, 10:07 PM
Edward Dolan

"Child" wrote in message

[...]

Obviously, you have not spent 60 years reading newspapers like I have.

The fact is that you are what you say. Language counts - whether it is
written or spoken. I am really surprised you do not know this. Did you

skip
kindergarten?

You are what you say.

I am much more than a bunch of words. Actions speak louder, and all that
jazz.

Not really! Man is THE creature of the word. No other animal has words.
Speaking and writing words is also an action. Your contempt for words marks
you as an ignoramus of the first rank.

Do you not recall what I said about the Jews being the people of the Book.
There is nothing in that Book except words. Without the Book, the Jews would
most likely not even exist today. They would have gone extinct long ago with
all those other ancient peoples.

If you write professionally like you do to this newsgroup, I can

already
tell you what others think of you. But it is never much fun to be

judged
and
found wanting. I don't blame you for being concerned about your

standing
both professionally and on this newsgroup.

Certainly, my professional writing is different than usenet writing.

Doh!

Prove it! Frankly, I doubt it. I don't think you know how to write well.

LOL, I don't need to prove anything to you, Eddie.

You say you write differently professionally than you do on this newsgroup.
I say I do not believe you because I think you are incapable of it. Do you
really think I give a damn whether you prove it to me or not? But there are
many others reading these messages. You might want to consider where you
stand with them right about now.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 4th 04, 01:09 AM
Child

"Child" wrote in message
No, you are nothing more than a sexist, believing men are naturally

coarse
and crude and women are sweetness and light. Neither generalization is

true,
nor fair to either gender.

Obviously, you have not spent 60 years reading newspapers like I have.

only 25 years.

Not really! Man is THE creature of the word. No other animal has words.
Speaking and writing words is also an action. Your contempt for words

marks
you as an ignoramus of the first rank.

Do you not recall what I said about the Jews being the people of the Book.
There is nothing in that Book except words. Without the Book, the Jews

would
most likely not even exist today. They would have gone extinct long ago

with
all those other ancient peoples.

LOL, you don't understand jews at all. Its not the WORDS, its the IDEAS.
Being able to express ideas and debate ideas is key - whether you can write
"properly" isn't. Its all about verbal debate, not about the written word.
We jews love to argue. Thus, my love of debating you and others on usenet.
And I do so in a conversational manner - as if we were speaking. Again, its
part of my heritage.

Prove it! Frankly, I doubt it. I don't think you know how to write

well.

LOL, I don't need to prove anything to you, Eddie.

You say you write differently professionally than you do on this

newsgroup.
I say I do not believe you because I think you are incapable of it. Do you
really think I give a damn whether you prove it to me or not? But there

are
many others reading these messages. You might want to consider where you
stand with them right about now.

I am well respected in this newgroup - far better respected than you are.
Professionally, I write well, and am well respected by my peers for it. I
stand just fine, despite preferring to write newsgroup conversation like
real human interaction.

Old August 4th 04, 01:21 AM
Tom Sherman

The Alaskan Recumbent Princess wrote:

I think you might be a tad confused. A whore ****s for money, a slut just
****s around and I just say ****. Nothing whorish or slutty about it.
Crude and uncouth certainly. But its crude and uncouth when men do it as
well....

I can only imagine what Mr. Ed's reaction to the {in)famous picture of
Beth and her two friends would be.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old August 4th 04, 01:26 AM
Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:

Do you not recall what I said about the Jews being the people of the Book.
There is nothing in that Book except words. Without the Book, the Jews would
most likely not even exist today. They would have gone extinct long ago with
all those other ancient peoples....

The "Book" is now (partially) available with illustrations in Lego [TM].
http://www.thebricktestament.com/

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Old August 4th 04, 05:06 AM
Edward Dolan

"Child" wrote in message

[...]

Those ideas would not even exist had they not been written down in words and
then loving preserved by the Jews as their sacred text. Those peoples with
nothing but an oral tradition not only soon disappear from history, but they
are not even known except for their archeological artifacts. Of course words
represent ideas, but the words are inseparable from the ideas. It is not
even possible to think without words.

Conversation is not writing. They are two different things entirely. You are
writing on Usenet, you are not conversing.
[...]

I am well respected in this newgroup - far better respected than you are.
Professionally, I write well, and am well respected by my peers for it. I
stand just fine, despite preferring to write newsgroup conversation like
real human interaction.

You know there is at least one person on this group who does not think much
of you because of your contempt for the written word. There are no doubt
many others here who do not think much of you for this reason also. There
are always costs exacted for defying convention. Those who do not know
better can be excused. Those who know better can never be excused.

I do not see any relationship between Usenet and real human interaction. We
are essentially writing letters to one another which the whole world can
read and get in on. It simply boggles my mind that you cannot realize this
and act accordingly (write better). I believe your family of scholars would
be ashamed of you if they knew you were carrying on in this disgraceful
manner (not writing better).

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old August 4th 04, 05:25 AM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

Do you not recall what I said about the Jews being the people of the

Book.
There is nothing in that Book except words. Without the Book, the Jews

would
most likely not even exist today. They would have gone extinct long ago

with
all those other ancient peoples....

The "Book" is now (partially) available with illustrations in Lego [TM].

http://www.thebricktestament.com/

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

Tom, I do not know how you are able to dredge up this kind of foolishness. I
can't seem to find anything on the Internet.

I remember a phrase from my Bible studies in another lifetime (we Catholics
are not big on the Bible) about the importance of the word. I think it went
something like this: "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with
God, and the word was God."

I wonder if I am just imagining this or if it exists somewhere in the Bible.

If it exists, that shoots Beth's idea that words don't much matter and that
we can treat them with contempt by writing them anyway we want without
observing the conventions.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota