Ullrich single again

Old May 15th 05, 09:15 PM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Keith wrote:

Even without these marital problems, I think everyone here is appalled
at Jan's missed opportunities over the years, but 2005 seems to be
even worse than usual...has he finished a race this year ?

You are mistaken. He finished the Vuelta a Aragon in April in 18th
place on GC.

He was 10th overall in the Circuit de la Sarthe in April too.

Ok, my bad, still nothing terribly impressive that would lead us to
believe he can put up a fight in the TdF. Anyone know what's next on
his plate ?

A strudel or two? Perhaps some sausages.

"This next song is about sausages. All kinds of sausages. Polish
sausages. Bratwurst sausages. Kielbassa sausages. Kieska sausages.
Thuringer sausages. Bloodwurst sausages. Eye-talian sausages. Jimmy Dean
Breakfast Patty sausages. Bob Evans Sausage Gravy Restaurants. Yes, and for
Eric Tunison, master roofer, vegetarian sausages..."

Killdozer

--
tanx,
Howard

Butter is love.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old May 15th 05, 09:30 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Laz wrote:
Even though this is perhaps Jan's best chance in years, do you think

he will
have the dedication to train properly for the tour, or is he just

going to
throw another opportunity away ?

Dumbass -

Throw it away. Typically, bike racers who have issues in their personal
lives don't do as well as they otherwise would.

K. Gringioni.

Old May 15th 05, 09:31 PM
Keith

You are mistaken. He finished the Vuelta a Aragon in April in 18th
place on GC.

He was 10th overall in the Circuit de la Sarthe in April too.

Ok, my bad, still nothing terribly impressive that would lead us to
believe he can put up a fight in the TdF. Anyone know what's next on
his plate ?

Volta a Catalunya (16-22 May), Tour de Suisse (11-19 June) and a one-
day German race that I can't remember the name of.

I guess that's a bit better, still not much to write home about, I'm
amazed at how little racing he does, no wonder he lacks race savvy
when it comes down to the nitty gritty, mashing it out has its limits
!

Old May 15th 05, 09:41 PM
Dave Hansen

"Howard Kveck" wrote in message
In article ,
Keith wrote:

Even without these marital problems, I think everyone here is

appalled
at Jan's missed opportunities over the years, but 2005 seems to be
even worse than usual...has he finished a race this year ?

You are mistaken. He finished the Vuelta a Aragon in April in 18th
place on GC.

He was 10th overall in the Circuit de la Sarthe in April too.

Ok, my bad, still nothing terribly impressive that would lead us to
believe he can put up a fight in the TdF. Anyone know what's next on
his plate ?

Nipplehead
And what has Lance done this year that makes you think he will win again?
Dave

Old May 15th 05, 09:42 PM
Dave Hansen

"Jason Spaceman" wrote in message
Spotted on the Eurosport Giro d' Italia live report thingee. . .

---------------------------------
14:25 AND ON ANOTHER DECIDEDLY DIFFERENT ULLRICH NOTE... The 1997
Tour de France champ has separated from his girlfriend, Gaby, after 11
years...
----------------------------------

I hope this doesn't mean a return to the wild life for Jan (taking
ecstasy and crashing his Porsche after drinking too much wine).

Nipplehead

He was doing that WHILE he was with Gaby
Dave

Old May 15th 05, 09:43 PM
Dave Hansen

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
oups.com...

Laz wrote:
Even though this is perhaps Jan's best chance in years, do you think

he will
have the dedication to train properly for the tour, or is he just

going to
throw another opportunity away ?

Dumbass -

Throw it away. Typically, bike racers who have issues in their personal
lives don't do as well as they otherwise would.

K. Gringioni.

I think he has been training well BECAUSE of his split. Do any of you think
that they may have been split for some time but it was just reported?
Dave

Old May 15th 05, 10:08 PM
Andrew

Keith said...
You are mistaken. He finished the Vuelta a Aragon in April in 18th
place on GC.

He was 10th overall in the Circuit de la Sarthe in April too.

Ok, my bad, still nothing terribly impressive that would lead us to
believe he can put up a fight in the TdF. Anyone know what's next on
his plate ?

Volta a Catalunya (16-22 May), Tour de Suisse (11-19 June) and a one-
day German race that I can't remember the name of.

I guess that's a bit better, still not much to write home about, I'm
amazed at how little racing he does, no wonder he lacks race savvy
when it comes down to the nitty gritty, mashing it out has its limits

Well it's pretty similar to all the other TDF contenders... only Ivan
Basso has done the Classics, and they were only to prepare for the
Giro.

What has Armstrong, Mayo, Kloden, Mancebo done this year that's better
prep than Ullrich?

--
Andrew
http://www.cageofmonkeys.co.uk
Old May 16th 05, 10:32 AM
Donald Munro

Jason Spaceman wrote:
14:25 AND ON ANOTHER DECIDEDLY DIFFERENT ULLRICH NOTE... The 1997
Tour de France champ has separated from his girlfriend, Gaby, after 11
years...

blanshay wrote:
I wonder if he likes brunettes...

Only dumb ones.

Old May 16th 05, 07:37 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Dave Hansen wrote:

Dumbass -

Throw it away. Typically, bike racers who have issues in their

personal
lives don't do as well as they otherwise would.

K. Gringioni.

I think he has been training well BECAUSE of his split.

Dumbass -

That is a possibility.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old May 17th 05, 02:44 AM
Laz

"Andrew" wrote in message
.com...
Keith said...
[...]

You can't name Armstrong anymore; he's out and he's not trying to fool
anyone about it. More to the point, he's won the tour more than anyone;
meanwhile, Ulrich one once, then said he wants to win the tour 3 times,
showing the world he is just a pretentious fool. A contender will usually
lie low leading up to the tour so his performance to date this year is more
for his reference than ours. the tour de suisse is by tradition a more
useful indication of the tdf's likely champion.

Laz

Olympic Pick Contest: finaler Dan Connelly Racing 2 August 19th 04 04:44 AM
Olympic Pick Contest: final Dan Connelly Racing 1 August 19th 04 02:02 AM
lol @ Ullrich {Tech439} CKuhn Racing 19 May 29th 04 05:44 AM
SPD pedal opinions - single or double sided ? Hywel & Ros UK 11 December 22nd 03 12:27 PM
Comments on Lance about Ullrich rope Racing 0 August 1st 03 05:11 PM