Cassette Spacers

Old August 21st 05, 05:15 PM
question man

Default Cassette Spacers

All -

shimano 7-speed cassette
shimano 105 rear hub (fh 5501)

I'm looking for a set of spacers to proportionally spread the 7 cogs
of the cassette over the space of the cassette body.

Somewhere I had found a webpage showing this information, but now of
course I cannot find it.

I've got a Wheels Mfg aluminum spacer behind the largest cog, but
still the other cogs are spaced very closely together.

Does anybody know where I can obtain such a set of spacers?

Thanks!

Phil

Old August 21st 05, 05:32 PM
RonSonic

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:15:34 GMT, question man wrote:

All -

shimano 7-speed cassette
shimano 105 rear hub (fh 5501)

I'm looking for a set of spacers to proportionally spread the 7 cogs
of the cassette over the space of the cassette body.

Somewhere I had found a webpage showing this information, but now of
course I cannot find it.

I've got a Wheels Mfg aluminum spacer behind the largest cog, but
still the other cogs are spaced very closely together.

Does anybody know where I can obtain such a set of spacers?

Why, Phil?

Want to use cheaper 5 speed chains?

Ron
Old August 22nd 05, 04:14 PM
Jasper Janssen

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:15:34 GMT, question man wrote:

shimano 7-speed cassette
shimano 105 rear hub (fh 5501)

I'm looking for a set of spacers to proportionally spread the 7 cogs
of the cassette over the space of the cassette body.

Why? A 5 mm spacer and then a 7 speed cassette will fit on an 8/9/10 body.

Is it that you figure on easier friction shifting?

Jasper
Old August 22nd 05, 04:52 PM

the lbs shoulds have aluminum cog spacers from 1mm to???
try the flea market for an used up 5 speed and drill it, recovering the
spacers-maybe a fit?

Shimano 8 cassette cliff Techniques 3 February 20th 05 09:26 AM
compact vs non-compact cassette and ring whazit? [email protected] Techniques 3 January 12th 05 02:18 AM
6 speed indexed freewheel to cassette meb Techniques 1 November 2nd 04 12:43 AM
35 30 26 22 19 16 14 12 Cassette Doug Goncz Techniques 21 October 4th 04 11:11 PM
Will 11-32 Cassette Fit On 9 Sp Cannondale Expert Hub Dave Thompson Techniques 5 July 1st 04 10:48 AM