Jeremy Vine road rage row: Woman arrested

Old September 5th 16, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Default Jeremy Vine road rage row: Woman arrested

A woman has been arrested following a road rage altercation with BBC
Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine.
He was riding home after hosting his show on 26 August when a driver
tailgated him, beeping her horn.
Filmed on Vine's helmet camera as he rode in Kensington, west London,
she can be seen swearing at him and threatening to knock him out.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed a 22-year-old woman was arrested on
Friday on suspicion of common assault.

Old September 5th 16, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 5 September 2016 17:21:02 UTC+1, Bod wrote:
A woman has been arrested following a road rage altercation with BBC
Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine.
He was riding home after hosting his show on 26 August when a driver
tailgated him, beeping her horn.
Filmed on Vine's helmet camera as he rode in Kensington, west London,
she can be seen swearing at him and threatening to knock him out.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed a 22-year-old woman was arrested on
Friday on suspicion of common assault.

Let the wriggling commence.
Old September 5th 16, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 05/09/2016 17:21, Bod wrote:
A woman has been arrested following a road rage altercation with BBC
Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine.
He was riding home after hosting his show on 26 August when a driver
tailgated him, beeping her horn.
Filmed on Vine's helmet camera as he rode in Kensington, west London,
she can be seen swearing at him and threatening to knock him out.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed a 22-year-old woman was arrested on
Friday on suspicion of common assault.

Hopefully she will get something like a £30 pound fine and a bit more
victim surcharge.

Making an example of a mouthy **** is one thing but I think dangerously
close overtakes, etc are worse and we see those everyday.
Old September 5th 16, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 5 September 2016 17:28:15 UTC+1, Nick wrote:
On 05/09/2016 17:21, Bod wrote:
A woman has been arrested following a road rage altercation with BBC
Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine.
He was riding home after hosting his show on 26 August when a driver
tailgated him, beeping her horn.
Filmed on Vine's helmet camera as he rode in Kensington, west London,
she can be seen swearing at him and threatening to knock him out.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed a 22-year-old woman was arrested on
Friday on suspicion of common assault.

Hopefully she will get something like a £30 pound fine and a bit more
victim surcharge.

Making an example of a mouthy **** is one thing but I think dangerously
close overtakes, etc are worse and we see those everyday.

Noticed she pulled the racist card - always a good move.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-cycling.html
Old September 5th 16, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 05/09/2016 17:21, Bod wrote:
A woman has been arrested following a road rage altercation with BBC
Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine.
He was riding home after hosting his show on 26 August when a driver
tailgated him, beeping her horn.
Filmed on Vine's helmet camera as he rode in Kensington, west London,
she can be seen swearing at him and threatening to knock him out.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed a 22-year-old woman was arrested on
Friday on suspicion of common assault.

Hopefully she will get something like a £30 pound fine and a bit more
victim surcharge.

Making an example of a mouthy **** is one thing but I think dangerously
close overtakes, etc are worse and we see those everyday.

Noticed she pulled the racist card - always a good move.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-cycling.html

Oh dear maybe a bit more then.

In order to get off lightly she should have played the, depressed,
argued with her boyfriend in the morning, deeply ashamed card.

Old September 5th 16, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

On 05/09/2016 18:19, Aubrey Straw wrote:

I think it was her misfortune to pick on Jeremy Vine because that is why the
incident has received the media coverage it has. Her behaviour was
outrageous but I think she would have got away with that had she not picked
on the wrong person.

Of course that is what I was saying. Most days on my bike I have a
motorist do something worse, like a dangerous overtake. But the legal
system works on examples and making one of her will probably influence a
large number of people. Which will be for the general good even if it is
tough luck on the her.
Old September 5th 16, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
James Wilkinson

The only reason people are tailgated is they are going too ****ing slowly and holding somebody up. What was Jeremy's excuse for doing this? What gives him the right to get in someone's way?

--
There was a rabbi who collected foreskins, had them dried out and made into a wallet - whenever you stroked the wallet it became a briefcase.
Old September 5th 16, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

James Wilkinson wrote:
On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 17:21:02 +0100, Bod wrote:

A woman has been arrested following a road rage altercation with BBC
Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine.
He was riding home after hosting his show on 26 August when a driver
tailgated him, beeping her horn.
Filmed on Vine's helmet camera as he rode in Kensington, west London,
she can be seen swearing at him and threatening to knock him out.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed a 22-year-old woman was arrested on
Friday on suspicion of common assault.

The only reason people are tailgated is they are going too ****ing
slowly and holding somebody up. What was Jeremy's excuse for doing
this? What gives him the right to get in someone's way?

He is a typical BBC ****** and a typical ****** cowardly cyclist.
If a fellow motorist had screamed his or her head off at me the last thing
on my mind would have been to film the event and report it to the police.
What yellow ******* scum cyclists really are.

Old September 5th 16, 07:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Monday, 5 September 2016 19:26:58 UTC+1, James Wilkinson wrote:

The only reason people are tailgated is they are going too ****ing slowly and holding somebody up. What was Jeremy's excuse for doing this? What gives him the right to get in someone's way?

The area he was cycling in had double parked cars so he was in danger of getting a dooring, like this.

https://youtu.be/XteBuJAiRAA

Old September 5th 16, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]

On 05/09/16 18:21, Bod wrote:
A woman has been arrested following a road rage altercation with BBC
Radio 2 presenter Jeremy Vine.
He was riding home after hosting his show on 26 August when a driver
tailgated him, beeping her horn.
Filmed on Vine's helmet camera as he rode in Kensington, west London,
she can be seen swearing at him and threatening to knock him out.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed a 22-year-old woman was arrested on
Friday on suspicion of common assault.

The whole planet recognises a slag. She'll be whining "It wasn't my
fault, I didn't deserve the media attention" before the week is out.

"Man arrested over Bexley road-rage attack on cyclist." Doug[_10_] UK 27 July 18th 11 06:12 PM
Jeremy Vine stopped from cycling Tom Crispin UK 68 September 4th 09 06:37 PM
Jeremy bloody Vine Paul Boyd UK 22 March 6th 07 07:35 PM
Jeremy Vine - Radio 2 NOW Paul Boyd UK 5 August 2nd 06 08:36 AM
Jeremy Vine TODAY wafflycat UK 19 June 23rd 06 06:53 PM