Another crash.

Old July 12th 18, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Another crash.

FUKIN ****

2nd crash in 3 years. 2nd crash in 23 years.

And I was having such a great ride, too. And a great day. 22 miles into a 50 mile to-town-for-lunch and back, and was about 100 yards away from said lunch, at subways, in minden nevada, having left the hiway, entered a parking lot, took a drink (my first of the day, for whatever reason) with my left hand and failed to notice a goddam ****ing black rubber speedbump. And then it was like - like oh **** this is gonna hurt

I think I was going a decent clip - meaning between 15 n 20 - i think
That was Jun 29.
I got my first pin. In my thumb. Only $15K. My headache is gone but the stitches are kinda ug- well its too early to say

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl582jkkon...toast.jpg?dl=0

Old July 12th 18, 11:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Doug Landau wrote:

2nd crash in 3 years. 2nd crash in 23 years.

Clearly looks like a conspiracy!

And I was having such a great ride, too. And a great day. 22 miles into
a 50 mile to-town-for-lunch and back, and was about 100 yards away from
said lunch, at subways, in minden nevada, having left the hiway, entered
a parking lot, took a drink (my first of the day, for whatever reason)
with my left hand and failed to notice a goddam ****ing black rubber
speedbump. And then it was like - like oh **** this is gonna hurt

The only thing worse than taking the first drink of the day at a black
speedbump is -- dehydration setting in at a series of blue speedbumps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oecvYFq_wi0

I think I was going a decent clip - meaning between 15 n 20 - i think
That was Jun 29. I got my first pin. In my thumb. Only $15K. My
headache is gone but the stitches are kinda ug- well its too early to
say

Worrying about cosmetic details is good news: You are indeed recovering!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl582jkkon...toast.jpg?dl=0

But how is the bike doing?
Old July 13th 18, 07:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 12/07/18 20:30, Doug Landau wrote:
FUKIN ****

2nd crash in 3 years. 2nd crash in 23 years.

And I was having such a great ride, too. And a great day. 22 miles into a 50 mile to-town-for-lunch and back, and was about 100 yards away from said lunch, at subways, in minden nevada, having left the hiway, entered a parking lot, took a drink (my first of the day, for whatever reason) with my left hand and failed to notice a goddam ****ing black rubber speedbump. And then it was like - like oh **** this is gonna hurt

I think I was going a decent clip - meaning between 15 n 20 - i think
That was Jun 29.
I got my first pin. In my thumb. Only $15K. My headache is gone but the stitches are kinda ug- well its too early to say

Pins is good, had a few in fingers and collar bones. Stabilises the
joint nicely, and better than a cast for comfort. Getting them out is a
fun game, it goes exactly as you might imagine it would...

https://5.imimg.com/data5/UQ/UG/MY-2...er-500x500.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl582jkkon...toast.jpg?dl=0

Old July 13th 18, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 11:36:33 PM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:
[...]

Except the doctors use something nicer than the $1.99 bargain bin China Freight Combo Pliers. They're shinier. The pins do poke out and feel pokey. The hardest part of a hand fracture was trying to get Dragon to work. Those voice transcription programs are incredibly clunky for a modern program.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old July 14th 18, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2018-07-12 11:30, Doug Landau wrote:
FUKIN ****

2nd crash in 3 years. 2nd crash in 23 years.

That's a low number of crashes. People who ride MTB or dirt bikes crash
a lot more often.

And I was having such a great ride, too. And a great day. 22 miles
into a 50 mile to-town-for-lunch and back, and was about 100 yards
away from said lunch, at subways, in minden nevada, having left the
hiway, entered a parking lot, took a drink (my first of the day, for
whatever reason) with my left hand and failed to notice a goddam
****ing black rubber speedbump. And then it was like - like oh ****
this is gonna hurt

I think I was going a decent clip - meaning between 15 n 20 - i
think That was Jun 29. I got my first pin. In my thumb. Only $15K.
My headache is gone but the stitches are kinda ug- well its too early
to say

$15k? I hope you had health insurance which should cover much of that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fl582jkkon...toast.jpg?dl=0

At least the helmet did its job.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old July 28th 18, 01:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 3:34:53 PM UTC-7, Sepp Ruf wrote:
Doug Landau wrote:

[...]

shop sez its wasted. fork is abraded and head tube is elongated sez he

Old July 28th 18, 11:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Doug Landau wrote:

[...]

Perfect, great excuse to get a new, more tougher bike! No, seriously, I
hope you and your thumb are continuing to do better and that your health
insurance will battle to eradicate road-camo colored speed bumps.
Old July 30th 18, 12:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Doug Landau wrote:

[...]

Thank you. But since this is after all .tech let us belabor the point. Whatever it turns out to be.

Elongated head tube - wha? Why can't I just stick a fork in there, tighten it down, and call it good?
Old July 30th 18, 12:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Doug Landau wrote:

[...]

Did they measure or explain that? Most probably oval where
the cups no longer press in which would be a fatal problem.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 10th 18, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Friday, July 13, 2018 at 7:14:41 AM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
[...]

Yes. I have a nicely equipped first aid kit after this round of Dr visits, complete with suture removing scissors.

Crash Tom Crispin UK 17 April 14th 08 03:11 AM
The Crash William O'Hara Techniques 2 September 26th 06 03:27 AM
Crash TimC Australia 5 December 9th 04 10:12 PM
My first crash. Simon Mason UK 39 March 12th 04 12:54 AM
My First Crash Mark Thompson UK 2 November 25th 03 07:37 PM