do you see any tension here?

Old September 14th 04, 10:01 PM
gym gravity

Default do you see any tension here?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...p?id=stage11/6
Old September 15th 04, 01:49 AM
Tom Kunich

"gym gravity" wrote in message
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...p?id=stage11/6

No, why, do you?

Old September 15th 04, 05:36 AM
Al James

gym gravity wrote in news:2qp4h3F12fhhqU1@uni-
berlin.de:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...p?id=stage11/6

No, no pressure. This photo is during Stage 11. Landis has Valverde,
Mancebo, Nozal and Heras nipping at his heels in the GC. Stage 12 is a
monster mountain stage. With any one of those four outstanding climbers
capable of blowing the race open on Stage 12, no, I wouldn't expect any
tension or worry to be visible at all on Bruyneel's face. Nope. No pressure
at all.
Old September 15th 04, 03:08 PM
chris

Maybe Johan is constipated. He does have to sit in that car all day.

Old September 15th 04, 04:04 PM
gym gravity

Tom Kunich wrote:

"gym gravity" wrote in message

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/20...p?id=stage11/6

No, why, do you?

I was thinking things like, "Floyd, my man, you're hanging onto that
jersey by a thread. I know you're tired from the Tour, do you really
have it in you to win? Or even win a stage? Seeing as how you're
leaving us next year, I think we'll stick with the plan to go for stage
wins. You're on your own on stage 12, you've been dropped the past few
days and I can't afford to do the Blue Train if I don't think you'll be
able to work it."

Or, "Johan, what the **** are you doing, we'll need Zabriskie for hard
tempo on stage 12? At this rate, he's going to need help climbing the
podium today, let alone tear the legs off all the competition two days
from now."
Old September 16th 04, 03:10 AM
James Scott

chris wrote:

Maybe Johan is constipated. He does have to sit in that car all day.

I was thinking more like "Hey Johan, have you been sneaking my
super-concentrated lemon sports drink again?"

JLS
--
James "What's Flemish for 'sourpuss?'" Scott
www.jls.cx

Old September 16th 04, 08:39 AM
Benjamin Weiner

gym gravity wrote :

I was thinking things like, "Floyd, my man, you're hanging onto that
jersey by a thread. I know you're tired from the Tour, do you really
have it in you to win? Or even win a stage? Seeing as how you're
leaving us next year, I think we'll stick with the plan to go for stage
wins. You're on your own on stage 12, you've been dropped the past few
days and I can't afford to do the Blue Train if I don't think you'll be
able to work it."

Or, "Johan, what the **** are you doing, we'll need Zabriskie for hard
tempo on stage 12? At this rate, he's going to need help climbing the
podium today, let alone tear the legs off all the competition two days
from now."

The rest of the team didn't have to put their noses in the wind to
make tempo for even a second, even though they have the jersey. Other
teams had to ride on the front. And Zabriskie got an extra day to
recover since it is a rest day. He'll probably still be worked, but
they'll manage.

Also, turning down chances at stage wins is rarely a good idea.
Old September 16th 04, 09:28 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:10:32 -0400, James Scott wrote:
James "What's Flemish for 'sourpuss?'" Scott

Flemish Is Not A Language. Johan speaks Dutch. And 'zuurpruim'.
Old September 16th 04, 02:03 PM
James Scott

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

Flemish Is Not A Language. Johan speaks Dutch.

My mistake.

And 'zuurpruim'.

Dank je.

JLS
--
James "Now how about 'updog?'" Scott
www.jls.cx
Old September 16th 04, 03:07 PM
gym gravity

Benjamin Weiner wrote:

The rest of the team didn't have to put their noses in the wind to
make tempo for even a second, even though they have the jersey. Other
teams had to ride on the front. And Zabriskie got an extra day to
recover since it is a rest day. He'll probably still be worked, but
they'll manage.

Also, turning down chances at stage wins is rarely a good idea.

I know, I know, I know. But did you see this (CN):

Vuelta friction: Hamilton and USPS at odds
By Tim Maloney, European Editor

There were reportedly some weird vibes going on between Phonak's Tyler
Hamilton and his former teammates of USPS-Berry Floor on Monday's Stage
10 to Xorret de Catí. While Roberto Heras and Alejandro Valverde gained
some time on Vuelta a España front runner Floyd Landis on the Cat. 1
Alto Xorret de Catí, the determined American maintained his golden tunic
of leadership by just nine seconds over Valverde. But on that steep,
final ascent, Hamilton began yelling at USPS rider Triki Beltran to ride
harder, which astonished the Spanish rider, who trying to maintain his
tempo on the difficult climb.

When Hamilton descended Alto Xorret de Catí post-stage, he stopped to
chat to USPS director Dirk Demol, who was surprised to hear the Phonak
leader saying that he thought that the Postal squad should have ridden
harder to support Floyd on Stage 10. Reached on rest day number one in
Agua Dulce, team director Johan Bruyneel told Cyclingnews, "Dirk told me
after the stage what Tyler said to him and I was very surprised. I'm
really not happy with these comments from Tyler because we all know that
our team has been supporting Floyd one hundred percent at the Vuelta a
España. Everybody, without exception. Tyler is out of line...sure he can
have his opinion on anything, but he should keep it to himself."

Bruyneel explained further that, "Floyd has told me and Dirk and the
team how he's been really satisfied about the support we've given him at
the Vuelta; from the Team Time Trial and every other stage, especially
after Stage 10 on Monday. We've been defending the race win with
everything we have. We want to win the Vuelta and it's disappointing to
me that a rider of Tyler's stature expresses himself this way... perhaps
he should make sure his team is OK first."