Motor cars are dangerous.

Old March 22nd 14, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

Default Motor cars are dangerous.

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message

It gave me quite a start, but Meg was unphased by it all,

Maybe it's just a faze she's going through

Old March 22nd 14, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 16:42:36 -0000, "Mentalguy2k8"
wrote:

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
.. .

It gave me quite a start, but Meg was unphased by it all,

Maybe it's just a faze she's going through

Thank you for the correction. You do it so much more genially than
some.
Old March 22nd 14, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

wrote:

"Bertie Wooster" wrote in message
. ..

It gave me quite a start, but Meg was unphased by it all,

Maybe it's just a faze she's going through

Thank you for the correction. You do it so much more genially than
some.

I try to treat others how they treat me

Old March 22nd 14, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VORK

On 22/03/2014 10:02, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:21:33 +0000, Dave- Cyclists VORC
wrote:

On 21/03/2014 23:41, Bertie Wooster wrote:
Earlier today I left Chinbook Meadows with Meg.

Is that what you have called your daughter?

No.

Meg sat nicely on the pavement infront of the zebra crossing.

Isn't that child abuse?

No.

Cars in both directions stopped for us, and I called Meg to heel and
started to cross the road.

Cyclists wouldn't have stopped at all.

CRASH

A young lad in a car with a loud beatbox, smashed into the car infront
of him. That car then smashed into the shiny new car in front of her.
And that car was shunted onto the crossing narrowly missing Meg.

Thankfully they will all be insured. Unlike cyclists.

Possible - but by no means a guarantee.

1.2 million of the 34 million drivers are uninsured - approx 3.5%,
compared to the vast majority of uninsured cyclists. (Est/Min figures).

The MIB takes care of claims from uninsured motorists. Who takes care
of the claims from uninsured cyclists?

Since 2005, when police were given powers to stop vehicles identified as
being driven without insurance, an average of 500 have been seized
nationwide each day. Of those, an estimated 30% are crushed.

How many cycles have been crushed?

I continued over the crossing and went on my way, betting that the
three car drivers wished they had gone by bike.

They have far more sense than that.

Oh - so they crash instead!

Motorists account for 1 single fatality per 208,311,415 miles driven. A
simply incredible safety record.

--
Dave-Cyclists VORK
Old March 22nd 14, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VORK

On 22/03/2014 12:53, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:34:21 +0000, Mrcheerful
wrote:

On 22/03/2014 11:16, Tarcap wrote:

"Peter Keller" wrote in message ...
On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:21:33 +0000, Dave- Cyclists VORC wrote:

On 21/03/2014 23:41, Bertie Wooster wrote:
Earlier today I left Chinbook Meadows with Meg.

Is that what you have called your daughter?

And what is wrong with that?

Meg sat nicely on the pavement infront of the zebra crossing.

Isn't that child abuse?

No.

Cars in both directions stopped for us, and I called Meg to heel and
started to cross the road.

Some cyclists wouldn't have stopped at all.

IFIFY

CRASH

A young lad in a car with a loud beatbox, smashed into the car infront
of him. That car then smashed into the shiny new car in front of her.
And that car was shunted onto the crossing narrowly missing Meg.

Thankfully they will all be insured. Unlike some cyclists.

IFIFY

I continued over the crossing and went on my way, betting that the
three car drivers wished they had gone by bike.

They have far more sense than that.

I do not think
There, I've fixed it for you.

I call 'Jackanory' to the whole incident.

It is what happened - but you have the choice to believe me or
otherwise.

It gave me quite a start, but Meg was unphased by it all, and I fed
her a little biscuit as a reward for being so brave.

Isn't that child abuse?

--
Dave-Cyclists VORK
Old March 22nd 14, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Where do you get your figures for uninsured cyclists from?

I would expect a majority of cyclists to have third party insurance as
a minimum, but I am willing to have my expectation shown to be
incorrect.

The MIB takes care of claims from uninsured motorists. Who takes care
of the claims from uninsured cyclists?

Since 2005, when police were given powers to stop vehicles identified as
being driven without insurance, an average of 500 have been seized
nationwide each day. Of those, an estimated 30% are crushed.

How many cycles have been crushed?

I continued over the crossing and went on my way, betting that the
three car drivers wished they had gone by bike.

They have far more sense than that.

Oh - so they crash instead!

Motorists account for 1 single fatality per 208,311,415 miles driven. A
simply incredible safety record.

I expect Judith to pounce on that very precise figure any second now.

Old March 22nd 14, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 19:50:47 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

I would expect a majority of cyclists to have third party insurance as
a minimum, but I am willing to have my expectation shown to be
incorrect.

Half of the poorest households do not have home contents insurance.
More than half of all renters do not have home contents insurance

Given that most cyclists are poor: this probably means that half the cyclists
on the road have no insurance.

Old March 22nd 14, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:53:50 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

It gave me quite a start, but Meg was unphased by it all, and I fed
her a little biscuit as a reward for being so brave.

Did you remember to wipe her arse, after she had had a **** on Chinbook
Meadows, before the brat became contaminated?
Old March 23rd 14, 12:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 21:52:33 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 19:50:47 +0000, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

snip

I would expect a majority of cyclists to have third party insurance as
a minimum, but I am willing to have my expectation shown to be
incorrect.

Half of the poorest households do not have home contents insurance.

The poorest 5%? 10%? 25%? 50%?

More than half of all renters do not have home contents insurance

Presumably renters are included in the household stats above.

Given that most cyclists are poor: this probably means that half the cyclists
on the road have no insurance.

What is the average income of cyclists compared to the average income
of the population?

More dangerous cars! Doug[_3_] UK 26 June 13th 10 10:41 AM
They don't even know why these dangerous cars surge out of control! Doug[_3_] UK 124 March 7th 10 11:22 AM
Even more dangerous cars allowed on our roads? Doug[_3_] UK 35 February 13th 10 08:40 PM
Very dangerous cars are allowed on our roads. Doug[_3_] UK 183 February 8th 10 12:05 PM
"Cycling is not dangerous. Cars are dangerous." Doug[_3_] UK 56 September 14th 09 05:57 PM