How did he survive so long without a helmet?

Old August 22nd 20, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

Default How did he survive so long without a helmet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_j94RLO8M

Old August 22nd 20, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 22/08/2020 14:47, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_j94RLO8M

Which fills you with more horror...

A. ...the thought of being (partly) protected by a cycle helmet, or

B. the thought of proceeding carefully, cautiously and lawfully, with
due consideration for the rights of others, on the highway?
Old August 22nd 20, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Saturday, 22 August 2020 15:25:02 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 22/08/2020 14:47, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_j94RLO8M

Which fills you with more horror...

The point is we have been told many times on this group that if a cyclist rides more than 3 feet without a helmet he will immediately be crushed by a 40 tonne truck.

A. ...the thought of being (partly) protected by a cycle helmet, or

Glad you agree cycle helmets only provide partial protection, that protection being a maximum of 70 joules whereas is takes around 1000 joules crack a human skull.

B. the thought of proceeding carefully, cautiously and lawfully, with
due consideration for the rights of others, on the highway?

I ride cautiously etc just like the majority of cyclists.
Thanks for your support.

Old August 22nd 20, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

On Saturday, August 22, 2020 at 2:47:17 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_j94RLO8M

I always thought he was called Angus Windsock.
Old August 23rd 20, 02:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]

On 22/08/2020 15:35, Mike Collins wrote:
On Saturday, 22 August 2020 15:25:02 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 22/08/2020 14:47, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_j94RLO8M

Which fills you with more horror...

The point is we have been told many times on this group that if a cyclist rides more than 3 feet without a helmet he will immediately be crushed by a 40 tonne truck.

A. ...the thought of being (partly) protected by a cycle helmet, or

Glad you agree cycle helmets only provide partial protection,

They won't protect your toes for a start. They'll only protect your
brain (assuming...) to a certain extent.

B. the thought of proceeding carefully, cautiously and lawfully, with
due consideration for the rights of others, on the highway?

I ride cautiously etc just like the majority of cyclists.

So why does any suggestion that cyclists - all cyclists - should do so
fill you with such obvious horror?

Old August 23rd 20, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Saturday, 22 August 2020 15:25:02 UTC+1, JNugentÂ* wrote:
On 22/08/2020 14:47, Mike Collins wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_j94RLO8M

Which fills you with more horror...

The point is we have been told many times on this group that if a
cyclist rides more than 3 feet without a helmet he will immediately be
crushed by a 40 tonne truck.

A. ...the thought of being (partly) protected by a cycle helmet, or

Glad you agree cycle helmets only provide partial protection,

They won't protect your toes for a start. They'll only protect your
brain (assuming...) to a certain extent.

B. the thought of proceeding carefully, cautiously and lawfully, with
due consideration for the rights of others, on the highway?

I ride cautiously etc just like the majority of cyclists.

So why does any suggestion that cyclists - all cyclists - should do so
fill you with such obvious horror?

Ask Pamela.
She is our helmet expert.
Old August 23rd 20, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

On Sunday, 23 August 2020 02:25:55 UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
[...]

According to Thompson, Rivara and Thompson they protect your knees and TRT's 85% figure is a farourite with the helmet priests.
Old August 23rd 20, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mike Collins

[...]

Because there is a lot of prejudice against cyclists and the misconception that cyclists never obey the rules is used by motorists to justify dangerous driving.

Survive Anything! | This Just In Ablang General 6 January 4th 10 06:27 AM
will it survive? gordito8me Unicycling 13 November 15th 06 04:30 AM
will it survive? kapoute Unicycling 1 November 14th 06 10:45 PM
Lords debate on helmet amendment (long) Just zis Guy, you know? UK 17 December 2nd 05 04:25 PM
As long as I live, I will never ride a bike without a helmet Alan Erskine Australia 28 November 4th 03 03:28 AM