Taking this group back...

Old August 30th 13, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

Default Taking this group back...

Is there any point in trying to take this group back? How many people on
here would like to do so? In my opinion it would mean all people of
goodwill on here creating and using a common killfile and then signing
all posts with a list of killfiled names for other people to follow.
Would it work? The group seemed to work a lot better for me just by the
removal of two people. And they are not even the worst spreaders of anti
cycling hate on here.
Old August 30th 13, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]

"brianrob1961" wrote in message

Is there any point in trying to take this group back? How many people on
here would like to do so? In my opinion it would mean all people of
goodwill on here creating and using a common killfile and then signing all
posts with a list of killfiled names for other people to follow.

Or just **** off to the moderated group if opposition to your "arguments"
causes you so much obvious butthurt.

Old August 30th 13, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 30/08/2013 18:56, brianrob1961 wrote:
Is there any point in trying to take this group back?

Sounds very like Simon is back. A replacement Captain Trollbuster?

Old August 30th 13, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 30/08/2013 19:00, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 30/08/2013 18:56, brianrob1961 wrote:
Is there any point in trying to take this group back?

Sounds very like Simon is back. A replacement Captain Trollbuster?

Captain Trollbuster? Trolls are a fact of life, but you can be ignored
and people who want to discuss cycling - warts and all - CAN filter you out.
Old August 30th 13, 07:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 30/08/2013 19:02, brianrob1961 wrote:
On 30/08/2013 19:00, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 30/08/2013 18:56, brianrob1961 wrote:
Is there any point in trying to take this group back?

Sounds very like Simon is back. A replacement Captain Trollbuster?

Captain Trollbuster? Trolls are a fact of life, but you can be ignored
and people who want to discuss cycling - warts and all - CAN filter you
out.

You will need the special anti-troll killfile application that Simon wrote.
Please feel free to KF me, it will reduce your blood pressure and make
your keyboard easier to use (you will be able to remove the cling film)
Your monitor will not need cleaning so often, win-win all round for you.
Old August 30th 13, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"brianrob1961" wrote in message
Is there any point in trying to take this group back? How many people on
here would like to do so? In my opinion it would mean all people of
goodwill on here creating and using a common killfile and then signing all
posts with a list of killfiled names for other people to follow. Would it
work? The group seemed to work a lot better for me just by the removal of
two people. And they are not even the worst spreaders of anti cycling hate
on here.

How about a moderated group?

Simon Mason Mk.II.

Old August 30th 13, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
brianrob1961

On 30/08/2013 19:08, John Benn wrote:
"brianrob1961" wrote in message
Is there any point in trying to take this group back? How many people on
here would like to do so? In my opinion it would mean all people of
goodwill on here creating and using a common killfile and then signing all
posts with a list of killfiled names for other people to follow. Would it
work? The group seemed to work a lot better for me just by the removal of
two people. And they are not even the worst spreaders of anti cycling hate
on here.

How about a moderated group?

Simon Mason Mk.II.

I think we have already covered that one. Do keep up.
Old August 30th 13, 07:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"brianrob1961" wrote in message
On 30/08/2013 19:00, Mrcheerful wrote:
On 30/08/2013 18:56, brianrob1961 wrote:
Is there any point in trying to take this group back?

Sounds very like Simon is back. A replacement Captain Trollbuster?

Captain Trollbuster? Trolls are a fact of life, but you can be ignored and
people who want to discuss cycling - warts and all - CAN filter you out.

I have a great idea. Reply to all the people you disagree with but change
the subject line to something like "Motorist massacres cyclists". I think
that has been done before with great success ;-)

Old August 30th 13, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_3_]

On 30/08/13 19:56, brianrob1961 wrote:
Is there any point in trying to take this group back? How many people on
here would like to do so? In my opinion it would mean all people of
goodwill on here creating and using a common killfile and then signing
all posts with a list of killfiled names for other people to follow.
Would it work? The group seemed to work a lot better for me just by the
removal of two people. And they are not even the worst spreaders of anti
cycling hate on here.

Not worth it. My kf has 6 names in it and that kills *more* than 90% of
the posts.

URCM for a decent discussion.

Old August 30th 13, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Iain[_2_]

brianrob1961 wrote:
Is there any point in trying to take this group back? How many people
on here would like to do so? In my opinion it would mean all people of
goodwill on here creating and using a common killfile and then signing
all posts with a list of killfiled names for other people to follow.
Would it work? The group seemed to work a lot better for me just by
the removal of two people. And they are not even the worst spreaders
of anti cycling hate on here.

Unfortunately it is the few obsessive and compulsive posters that the
outside world frequently sees and who seem hell-bent on disrupting and
spoiling it for others. Frequently they argue that what they post is
'on-topic', but nonetheless it is not always appropriate nor very conducive
for a reasonable and positive discussion.

Of course they know who they are, and may well pop up to argue that their
posts are all on-topic for a cycling group and probably also argue that
their posts stimulate discussion.

But unless they do something wrong and their account can be closed, they
will continue to spoil it for others.

--
Iain