A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

The current psycholist trolls are useless: do you want the old ones back?

Old March 6th 14, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default The current psycholist trolls are useless: do you want the old ones back?

Discussion title: "None of the ****s currently here can hold a candle to the trolls we used to have."

Brian Robertson was funny for about 5 minutes, but his distinct predictability and lack of intelligence have got old very quickly. I now skip over his posts as soon as I realise it's him (and not whoever he's impersonating), which never takes very long, because it's always the same old hateful bull**** (he seems to hate pretty much every group except "cyclists", and seems to have adopted them as "his" group specifically because of the self-righteous belligerence that group so often exhibits).

I know that others skip his posts as well (even cyclists like Rob Morley), and most have given up replying to him. He's just not very inventive. And it's not really that funny when someone (even an extremely dickish individual) has an obvious, serious and deadly addiction (long-term alcoholics' bodies are in a worse state *by far* than those of heroin, crack or even meth addicts; those telling him he needs help NOW are absolutely spot on, and he would do well to swallow his pride and go to his GP).

Crispin has become (more of) a joke and a self-parody, and it worries me that we have (ex-)teachers like that. His blatant trolling the other day, when calling for draconian restrictions on motorists and saying it was "win-win", crossed another line. The old trolls were never that blatant. And his vindictive persecution of another poster and his snobbish prejudice against tradesmen is most ugly (not to mention boring).

So, the question (to the reasonable posters) is: if you could press a button which replaced the current trolls with the old ones, would you do so? For all their disingenuous lies, would you rather have Numbnuts, Porky, mileburner and the old Crispin than the current lot? I think it was much more fun then, even if we didn't necessarily know it.

Mason was just as stupid as Robertson but in a different and less predictable way. And his alcoholism wasn't as serious as Robertson's.

Chapman was a lot less clever than he thought, but (of course) still much less stupid than Robertson, and it was extremely amusing when, time and time again, he tried to impress his fellow cyclists by "masterfully" insulting those he disagreed with, only to instead cop yet another earful off the likes of Ian Smith for "crapping in his own swimming pool". He never learned and so it was the gift that kept on giving. "This time, unlike all the others, I'll get it right and effortlessly outwit and vanquish my opponents while receiving rapturous applause from all my fellow cyclists"...oh no you won't! But do keep trying! :-)

What does the lack of decent psycholist trolls indicate? Have Judith and co finally managed to "destroy URC" as they supposedly vowed to do? Will the funny trolls ever return? Who will email Chapman to ask him? (Actually, don't bother...he lurks here to this day!)
Ads
Old March 6th 14, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_14_]
external usenet poster

Default The current psycholist trolls are useless: do you want the oldones back?

On 06/03/2014 14:12, wrote:
Discussion title: "None of the ****s currently here can hold a candle to the trolls we used to have."

Brian Robertson was funny for about 5 minutes, but his distinct predictability and lack of intelligence have got old very quickly. I now skip over his posts as soon as I realise it's him (and not whoever he's impersonating), which never takes very long, because it's always the same old hateful bull**** (he seems to hate pretty much every group except "cyclists", and seems to have adopted them as "his" group specifically because of the self-righteous belligerence that group so often exhibits).

I know that others skip his posts as well (even cyclists like Rob Morley), and most have given up replying to him. He's just not very inventive. And it's not really that funny when someone (even an extremely dickish individual) has an obvious, serious and deadly addiction (long-term alcoholics' bodies are in a worse state *by far* than those of heroin, crack or even meth addicts; those telling him he needs help NOW are absolutely spot on, and he would do well to swallow his pride and go to his GP).

Crispin has become (more of) a joke and a self-parody, and it worries me that we have (ex-)teachers like that. His blatant trolling the other day, when calling for draconian restrictions on motorists and saying it was "win-win", crossed another line. The old trolls were never that blatant. And his vindictive persecution of another poster and his snobbish prejudice against tradesmen is most ugly (not to mention boring).

So, the question (to the reasonable posters) is: if you could press a button which replaced the current trolls with the old ones, would you do so? For all their disingenuous lies, would you rather have Numbnuts, Porky, mileburner and the old Crispin than the current lot? I think it was much more fun then, even if we didn't necessarily know it.

Mason was just as stupid as Robertson but in a different and less predictable way. And his alcoholism wasn't as serious as Robertson's.

Chapman was a lot less clever than he thought, but (of course) still much less stupid than Robertson, and it was extremely amusing when, time and time again, he tried to impress his fellow cyclists by "masterfully" insulting those he disagreed with, only to instead cop yet another earful off the likes of Ian Smith for "crapping in his own swimming pool". He never learned and so it was the gift that kept on giving. "This time, unlike all the others, I'll get it right and effortlessly outwit and vanquish my opponents while receiving rapturous applause from all my fellow cyclists"...oh no you won't! But do keep trying! :-)

What does the lack of decent psycholist trolls indicate? Have Judith and co finally managed to "destroy URC" as they supposedly vowed to do? Will the funny trolls ever return? Who will email Chapman to ask him? (Actually, don't bother...he lurks here to this day!)

lol You do know a lot about my drinking habits, don't you!

Anyway, if you are asking for a vote, I vote for you to get rid of me.
Go on, do it ;-)

--
Judith
Old March 6th 14, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_15_]
external usenet poster

Default The current psycholist trolls are useless: do you want the oldones back?

By the way, I've just reported you for abuse as well ;-)

--
Judith
Old March 6th 14, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful
external usenet poster

Doug was much more interesting.

Old March 6th 14, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_15_]
external usenet poster

On 06/03/2014 15:03, Mrcheerful wrote:
Discussion title: "None of the ****s currently here can hold a candle
to the trolls we used to have."

Oh, you take the biscuit for interesting. For instance, I am REALLY
interested to know more about this registration and training that you
want introduced for bikes. And can you also inform a waiting world what
effect registration and training had on these people:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-23970047

And, of course, I am also REALLY interested to know at what age you
propose culling old people.

--
Judith
Old March 6th 14, 05:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default The current psycholist trolls are useless: do you want the old ones back?

On Thu, 6 Mar 2014 06:12:00 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I would like Numbuts and Porky Chapman to come back: you could really take the
**** out of them; but that may have been because they were as daft as each
other.

Crispin lost the plot when he lost his job.

As for Glugg? "Glugg, glugg - down the plug" as we say

Mileburner buggered off when someone posted a link to a photo of him with his
kit off
http://tinyurl.com/mileburner
I think he was ashamed of the size of his penis
Old March 6th 14, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Thu, 06 Mar 2014 15:07:24 +0000, Judith wrote:

On 06/03/2014 15:03, Mrcheerful wrote:

Oh, you take the biscuit for interesting. For instance, I am REALLY
interested to know more about this registration and training that you
want introduced for bikes. And can you also inform a waiting world what
effect registration and training had on these people:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-23970047

And, of course, I am also REALLY interested to know at what age you
propose culling old people.

Tell us your age - and you've got the answer.

Old March 6th 14, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mentalguy2k8[_2_]
external usenet poster

"Tarcap" wrote in message

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Discussion title: "None of the ****s currently here can hold a candle to
the trolls we used to have."

Yes, he was good, but then again I also liked Simon Mason - he was always
good for a laugh and was never nasty or spiteful like the current eejit
that now infests the group.
His stories about sitting in a hole in his garage floor drinking himself
stupid used to have me in stitches!

I agree, the old ones were by far the best ones. They had some imagination,
some intellect, even some humour (except Doug). Albeit diluted by their
rabid psycholism, but then along comes a ****-thick meals-on-wheels driver
who is at a loose end since his missus left him for someone else, whose idea
of clever wit is to keep banging on about "Jimdeth", "coaches doing 70mph on
the motorways" and "I hope your kids die of cancer", using other people's
names.

The "old school" weren't strictly trolls either, in that they didn't try to
destroy the group because they didn't like the atmosphere, and they did
(mostly) keep on-topic. With Simon, Doug etc., they argued because they were
passionate - misguided and self-defeating most of the time - but they had
cycling's interests at heart. Knobbertson is driven by his own inadequacies,
spite and hatred. The worst kind of troll. He doesn't care about cycling or
cyclists' safety, he just wants to lash out at people who previously took
absolutely no notice of pathetic his one-man crusade.

Old March 6th 14, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_15_]
external usenet poster

On 06/03/2014 17:54, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Tarcap" wrote in message

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message ...

Yes, he was good, but then again I also liked Simon Mason - he was
always good for a laugh and was never nasty or spiteful like the
current eejit that now infests the group.
His stories about sitting in a hole in his garage floor drinking
himself stupid used to have me in stitches!

I agree, the old ones were by far the best ones. They had some
imagination, some intellect, even some humour (except Doug). Albeit
diluted by their rabid psycholism, but then along comes a ****-thick
meals-on-wheels driver who is at a loose end since his missus left him
for someone else, whose idea of clever wit is to keep banging on about
"Jimdeth", "coaches doing 70mph on the motorways" and "I hope your kids
die of cancer", using other people's names.

The "old school" weren't strictly trolls either, in that they didn't try
to destroy the group because they didn't like the atmosphere, and they
did (mostly) keep on-topic. With Simon, Doug etc., they argued because
they were passionate - misguided and self-defeating most of the time -
but they had cycling's interests at heart. Knobbertson is driven by his
own inadequacies, spite and hatred. The worst kind of troll. He doesn't
care about cycling or cyclists' safety, he just wants to lash out at
people who previously took absolutely no notice of pathetic his one-man
crusade.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

--
Judith