Oh, the irony. Pavement cyclist complains of danger.

Old June 15th 18, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Oh, the irony. Pavement cyclist complains of danger.

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 9:08:24 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
On 13/06/2018 19:17, Kerr-Mudd,John wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 08:09:51 GMT, MrCheerful
wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rifying-second
s-cyclist-came-INCHES-crushed-huge-lorry-A38.html

You're a sad old git looking for bad news all the time.
WDYPOTAMNG?

I just post interesting stories about cyclists.

No, you post negative stories about cyclists.

It is a pity that
cyclists involve themselves in so many things that are detrimental to
the public perception of cyclists in general.

So, using your logic, 'cyclist stops at red light' should be front page.
In the real world 'Motorists stops at light that had only been red for 9 seconds' should be the number one item on the 6 o'clock news.

Old June 16th 18, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rifying-second
s-cyclist-came-INCHES-crushed-huge-lorry-A38.html

You're a sad old git looking for bad news all the time.
WDYPOTAMNG?

Pillock.

Agreed. Cheerless is a pillock.
Old July 2nd 18, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rifying-second
s-cyclist-came-INCHES-crushed-huge-lorry-A38.html

You're a sad old git looking for bad news all the time.
WDYPOTAMNG?

I just post interesting stories about cyclists.

No, you post negative stories about cyclists.

They are often interesting enough to invoke comment from yoiur good self
and others.

Is there a rule to the effect that all ukrc posts about cyclists and
cycling must be unrelentingly positive?

It is a pity that
cyclists involve themselves in so many things that are detrimental to
the public perception of cyclists in general.

So, using your logic, 'cyclist stops at red light' should be front page.

I'm sure that the poster has indeed said as much on more than one
occasion. I believe I can remembersaying soemthing similar once or twice
as well

In the real world 'Motorists stops at light that had only been red for 9 seconds' should be the number one item on the 6 o'clock news.

I have just spent a couple of weeks cheerfully ignoring red traffic
lights when turning right.