Pannier Back Covers

Old July 26th 03, 01:53 AM
Chris Harbert

Default Pannier Back Covers

Anyone know where I can get pack covers for my panniers? I have a
stretchable, waterproof pack cover for my external frame backpack, and
I'd like the same sort of thing for my panniers.
Old July 26th 03, 03:55 AM
Zoot Katz

25 Jul 2003 17:53:20 -0700,
,
(Chris Harbert) wrote:

Anyone know where I can get pack covers for my panniers? I have a
stretchable, waterproof pack cover for my external frame backpack, and
I'd like the same sort of thing for my panniers.

It would depend on the size and shape of your panniers whether the
covers would fit. Check with the manufacturer for availability.

Only two panniers listed here mentioned separate rain covers.
http://www.lancerushing.com/bicycling/panniers.cfm

Serratus lists one, not mentioned at the above site, to fit their
panniers. ($40 CDN)
http://www.mec.ca/
Shop MEC Cycling Gear Packs, Bags & Panniers Bicycle Panniers

Some water-proofed nylon, elastic or a draw cord, grommets and seam
sealer wouldn't cost much and it would be a simple project for someone
with a sewing machine.
--
zk
Old July 26th 03, 06:16 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On 25 Jul 2003 17:53:20 -0700, (Chris Harbert)
wrote:

Anyone know where I can get pack covers for my panniers?

I think you might be better off with Vaude or Ortlieb panniers which
are completely waterproof. But that's just my view as an Ortllieb
owner ;-)

Guy
===
** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony.
http://www.chapmancentral.com
[currently offline awaiting ADSL transfer to new ISP]
Old July 26th 03, 09:29 PM
Patrick Lamb

Chris Harbert wrote:
Anyone know where I can get pack covers for my panniers? I have a
stretchable, waterproof pack cover for my external frame backpack, and
I'd like the same sort of thing for my panniers.

Adventure Cycling (www.adventurecycling.org) has some Madden pannier
covers. Look in their online shop.

Pat
--
Apologies to those easily confused. Address is spam-resistant.
Correct email address like pdlamb 'round-about comcast point net.