Another Questions - -Mongoose DXR - vs XR-100

Old July 11th 03, 09:11 PM

Default Another Questions - -Mongoose DXR - vs XR-100

OK, thanks for all the tidbits of info about out bikes (see m/f - we
just bought our first bikes....

I do have another question,

Having been a pro bike now for 1.5 weeks (just kidding), I know enough
on line to know that the mongoose is bashed a bit, especially from the
likes of those buying it at wally world? (current term used alot in
these groups...), however, I am one of those guys that starts off
knowing little, and then by the way of the internet, learn, learn,
leanr, custom shocks, (Marzocchi Rock Shocks, etc, etc...) all about 3
times more than the price I paid for the bikes.... :-)

I may consider a higher end mongoose down the road...

Anyway, my question is this, can someone tell me what the differences
are between the DX and XR-100? In the past 1.5 week, I found that I
the shifting is a little different, some say the front fork on the DX
is better and others argue that the XR-100 (should you even buy one of
these), is lighter, yet the seat on the XR-100 stinks....

Which is better for which use?!

My uses, (our should lI say, our uses) are really, is for aerobic
fittness, our area is paved roads. Although, we do live in the
foothills, so most of the N to S paths are incline/decline. (i.e lots
of hills on the surface streets....

I'm trying to figure out which is the better of the two bikes - - it's
hard getting info from bike websites as most of those users have tires
or grips that cost more than my bike...but we are biking almost every
day, so I'm alright with that.

Lastly, what is another mongoose full suspension bike that I can by if
I wanted to upgrade a little and what would it do for me?

For example....a Mongoose Solution Full Suspension Mountain Bike ?
$350 or so...what benfits would I have?

Thanks for the help...the main thing really right now is the XR vs
MGX..

Also, for what it's worth....at Walmart, I saw another DX which has
the DX markings......my MGX has the markings similar to the Mongoose
Inferno, although I know just the sticker is different (grin)

thanks again..