Bicyclists Unite Against Tyranny

Old August 6th 03, 10:07 PM
Jeff Napier

Default Bicyclists Unite Against Tyranny

The Consumer Product Safety Commission rates bicycles as among the most
dangerous products in the home. They seem to think that people can get hurt
on bikes. So, what are we going to do about it? We're going to fight.
That's right. We're going to fight back! How are we going to do that? Here
are some suggestions:

1. We will remain constantly aware, and think clearly about our
vulnerability in traffic.

2. We will ride in a way that motorists can understand and expect, which
generally means following the law.

1. We will wear our helmets.

2. We won't ride our bikes when we are drunk, on drugs, or less than fully
alert.

3. We will frequently tell kids, in a way that they can understand, about
bicycle safety.

4. We'll wear bright clothing when riding in traffic.

5. We will use good lighting and reflective equipment in case we get caught
out after dark.

7. We will remember than 70% of serious bike accidents do not involve cars,
and so we will also ride sensibly off-road.

From www.bikewebsite.com - enjoy!

Old August 6th 03, 10:48 PM
Zoot Katz

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 21:07:03 GMT, X5eYa.54974$cF.19211@rwcrnsc53,
"Jeff Napier" wrote:

5. We will use good lighting and reflective equipment in case we get caught
out after dark.

.. . ."in case we get caught out after dark." WTF? People who ride
their bikes to real world destinations frequently leave home in the
dark and return in the dark. Bicycles don't turn into pumpkins just
because the sun goes down.

You're treating bicycles as toys with those kinds of statements.
--
zk
Old August 6th 03, 11:09 PM
Tom Keats

"Jeff Napier" wrote:

5. We will use good lighting and reflective equipment in case we get caught
out after dark.

. . ."in case we get caught out after dark." WTF? People who ride
their bikes to real world destinations frequently leave home in the
dark and return in the dark.

.... with dependable lighting systems that don't run out of
juice and leave ya high & dry.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Powered by FreeBSD
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old August 6th 03, 11:14 PM
Preston Crawford

"Jeff Napier" wrote in message
4. We'll wear bright clothing when riding in traffic.

5. We will use good lighting and reflective equipment in case we get

caught
out after dark.

7. We will remember than 70% of serious bike accidents do not involve

cars,
and so we will also ride sensibly off-road.

We will learn to count to 7 (or did you mean 6)....

And we will carry lighting with us at all times because real bicyclists
expect to ride in the dark and are prepared to do so often.

Preston

Old August 6th 03, 11:16 PM
Tom Keats

In article X5eYa.54974$cF.19211@rwcrnsc53,
"Jeff Napier" writes:
The Consumer Product Safety Commission rates bicycles as among the most
dangerous products in the home. They seem to think that people can get hurt
on bikes. So, what are we going to do about it? We're going to fight.
That's right. We're going to fight back! How are we going to do that? Here
are some suggestions:

1. We will wear our helmets.

That's pretty much what the CPSC wants. They want ppl
to /buy/ helmets, anyways. Methinks that's the reasoning
behind their touting bicycles as "dangerous" products.

That said, I opt to wear a helmet, myself. But it's no
skin off my teeth whether other folks decide to or not.

cheers,
Tom

Old August 6th 03, 11:47 PM
Steve McDonald

We will learn to count to 7 (or did you mean 6)...

I'll bet he's an accountant.

Steve McDonald

Old August 6th 03, 11:58 PM
Doug Purdy

"Jeff Napier" wrote in message
The Consumer Product Safety Commission rates bicycles as among the most
dangerous products in the home. They seem to think that people can get

hurt
on bikes. So, what are we going to do about it? We're going to fight.
That's right. We're going to fight back! How are we going to do that? Here
are some suggestions:

The entire thing reads like something drawn up by someone who never really
rode.

Although I'm always partial to:
2. We will ride in a way that motorists can understand and expect, which
generally means following the law.

and
5. We will use good lighting and reflective equipment in case we get

caught
out after dark.

and I don't know the stats but
7. We will remember than 70% of serious bike accidents do not involve

cars,
and so we will also ride sensibly off-road.

sounds like an underestimate.

Doug
Toronto

Old August 7th 03, 01:16 AM
Zoot Katz

Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:47:06 -0700 (PDT),
,
(Steve McDonald) wrote:

We will learn to count to 7 (or did you mean 6)...

I'll bet he's an accountant.

For Enron, maybe. There are eight items.
--
zk
Old August 7th 03, 02:48 AM
Corvus Corvax

"Jeff Napier" wrote

The Consumer Product Safety Commission rates bicycles as among the most
dangerous products in the home. They seem to think that people can get hurt
on bikes. So, what are we going to do about it? We're going to fight.
That's right. We're going to fight back!

Still can't get anybody to subscribe to your web site, eh?

CC
Old August 7th 03, 04:29 AM
Mike Kruger

"Jeff Napier" wrote in message
Here are some suggestions:

1. ...

2. ...

1. !!!!

2. ...

3. ...

4. ...

5....

7. !!!!

Let me guess.
You wrote the original document in Microsoft Word, and used the
autonumbering there.

It's happened to me, too.