NE1 heard of these "Velorazzo" frames?

Old September 27th 03, 05:06 PM
U-Bob

Default NE1 heard of these "Velorazzo" frames?

I see these Velorazzo frames on eBay, and I'm just wondering if anyone has
heard of them. I would assume these aren't top of the line, but how would
they compare to a GT Ricochet or GT Aggressor frame? I'm only a part time
rider, not too serious, so I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I do
need to get a smaller frame for my GT Ricochet. Would this Velorazzo
TereMoto be an option for me? Be gentle with me!

Bob

Old September 27th 03, 11:26 PM
B. Sanders

"U-Bob" wrote in message
. ..
I see these Velorazzo frames on eBay, and I'm just wondering if anyone has
heard of them. I would assume these aren't top of the line, but how would
they compare to a GT Ricochet or GT Aggressor frame? I'm only a part time
rider, not too serious, so I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I do
need to get a smaller frame for my GT Ricochet. Would this Velorazzo
TereMoto be an option for me? Be gentle with me!

No way to tell. It's impossible to judge the frame without knowing more
about it, riding it, destruction-testing it. Might be good, might not be.
My bet is that it would hold up just fine; but it might not be a light
frame. Geometry would be deciding factor. Is it adjusted for a 65mm fork?
120mm fork? Is the top tube long or short? Geometry, more than any other
factor, is what separates the good frames from the unacceptable frames, and
it's entirely a matter of personal taste. I prefer Kona's classic Joe Murray
frame design (which has become very common, I've heard). Not everybody
agrees.

There are container loads of aluminum-framed bikes being imported into North
America, with dozens of boutique brand names as well as big brand names.
Most come from China or Taiwan, including the ones labelled "Kona", "GT",
"Schwinn", "Specialized" and other well-known brands. Even the lowest-end
aluminum frames I've seen in recent years appear to be well constructed (if
the "eyeball alignment table" is any judge). They're often built in gigantic
high-output, automated factories, with mid/high end frames being built on
the same factory lines as low/mid end frames. Same welders, same frame
jigs, similar QC. As others have pointed out, the difference between a
high-end bike and a low-end bike - aside from the tubing - is likely to be
the percentage of rejects that are allowed. More high-end frames end up in
the dumpster than low-end frames. OTOH: If QC remains high via automation,
the fewer frames from all production runs will end up in the dumpster. In
highly automated facilities, there's a likelihood that virtually all frames
are acceptable. Human errors are reduced greatly through robotic automation.
I don't know if these imported frames are robotically welded; but I'd bet
money that they are, from looking at the perfectly-consistent welds. The
welds aren't pretty; but they're consistent. You want pretty? Buy a Merlin,
Seven, IF, Soulcraft, Moots, etc.

Bottom line: If you like taking chances, try a Velorazzo frame. If not,
buy what you know will work. I've done both, and have been pleasantly
surprised more often than not. It's a gamble.

-=B=-

Old September 27th 03, 11:43 PM
B. Sanders

"B. Sanders" wrote in message
"U-Bob" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Follow-up: I tried to locate good info on who-is-using-what technologies
for mass fabrication of aluminum frames. Here's an article about Raleigh
Canada and their laser cutting and automated robotic welding technologies
(they don't talk about materials much). This article claims that imported
frames are hand-welded. It's certainly possible; but the machine-like
consistency of the welds on many imported bikes has me wondering. In any
case, this should be interesting reading if you're curious about how they
actually make bike frames.

http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/109505.html

-=B=-

Old September 27th 03, 11:52 PM
Slacker

"U-Bob" wrote in message

[...]

Son of a bitch, do you even know what "truth" or "facts" mean? Do yourself
a favor and find http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/ a meeting near you.
--
Slacker

Old September 28th 03, 02:08 AM
Super Slinky

U-Bob said...

I see these Velorazzo frames on eBay, and I'm just wondering if anyone has
heard of them. I would assume these aren't top of the line, but how would
they compare to a GT Ricochet or GT Aggressor frame? I'm only a part time
rider, not too serious, so I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I do
need to get a smaller frame for my GT Ricochet. Would this Velorazzo
TereMoto be an option for me? Be gentle with me!

Bob

Be advised that Barry Sanders is full of crap, but you probably already
figured that out from his windy post where he speaks endlessly about
that which he admits he knows nothing about. If you have never heard of
it, and it is sold mostly on eBay, rest assured it is crap. Go to a bike
shop and get a Raleigh, Giant, Trek or whatever in your price range and
be happy.

Old September 28th 03, 02:43 AM
Slacker

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
SuperSlinky says (with,surprising acuity...):

Be advised that Barry Sanders is full of crap, but you probably already
figured that out from his windy post where he speaks endlessly about
that which he admits he knows nothing about. If you have never heard of
it, and it is sold mostly on eBay, rest assured it is crap. Go to a bike
shop and get a Raleigh, Giant, Trek or whatever in your price range and
be happy.

What he said :-)

Steve

Too funny.... I was just typing the exact same thing, smiley and all.
--
Slacker - hope this doesn't mean I'm getting old

Old September 28th 03, 02:54 AM
Stephen Baker

Slacker says:

Too funny.... I was just typing the exact same thing, smiley and all.
--
Slacker - hope this doesn't mean I'm getting old

Nah - it means I'm getting younger. ;-))

Steve
Old September 28th 03, 05:18 AM
B. Sanders

"Super Slinky" wrote in message
t...
U-Bob said...

I see these Velorazzo frames on eBay, and I'm just wondering if anyone

has
heard of them. I would assume these aren't top of the line, but how

would
they compare to a GT Ricochet or GT Aggressor frame? I'm only a part

time
rider, not too serious, so I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I

do
need to get a smaller frame for my GT Ricochet. Would this Velorazzo
TereMoto be an option for me? Be gentle with me!

Bob

Be advised that Barry Sanders is full of crap

You have a problem. I suggest counseling.

but you probably already
figured that out from his windy post where he speaks endlessly about
that which he admits he knows nothing about.

LOL! Another hilariously infantile attempt at criticism. Too bad it's just
as fictional as the rest of the ignorance that you and your hateful ilk spew
on this NG.

Get a life, loser.

-=B=-

Old September 28th 03, 05:29 AM
P e t e F a g e r l i n

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 04:18:58 GMT, "B. Sanders"
wrote:

"Super Slinky" wrote in message

Get a life, loser.

Loser, defined:

An idiot that posts something like this:

" As others have pointed out, the difference between a
high-end bike and a low-end bike - aside from the tubing - is likely
to be the percentage of rejects that are allowed."

How can you be so ****ing clueless and still be alive? I would have
thought that you would have stuck your head into a buzz saw, cement
mixer, propellor, or vat of acid by now, given your posts.

pete fagerlin

::Revolutionary! Evolutionary! Yet so retro!
::www.yestubes.com

fake Eddie Merckx frames? Mike Beauchamp General 13 July 17th 04 12:25 AM
Do aluminum frames wear out? Chris Hansen General 172 April 29th 04 10:18 AM
FS: Ross MTB Frames BikeStuff General 1 September 7th 03 03:40 AM
Bike for big AND tall person Peter Cole General 20 August 13th 03 01:38 PM
cheap frames urt Mountain Biking 2 July 24th 03 01:54 AM