Anyone from Perth, WA?

Old September 20th 03, 10:37 PM
GizmoDuck

Default Anyone from Perth, WA?

I'm visiting my Grandma next week in Perth.

Does anyone live there that wants to go for a ride? I'm probably
bringing my 29'er.

Thanks,

Ken

--
GizmoDuck - Cokernut

"I'll be there with bells on!"
Tony on the NZUni weekend

"right thats it im dressing up like a woman!"
James on the NZuni weekend

"If not for a weird inner ear condition that prevents me from crossing
the equator, I'd be there too."
JJuggle- the most original excuse not to attend the NZUni weekend

"At least if someone hurts themselves, Ken should be able to fix them up
with brain surgery on the spot if he brings a scalpel and some
bandages."
Rowan- on my surgical skills

Old September 24th 03, 07:00 AM
GizmoDuck

What...a city of over a million people and no unicyclists on RSU

Anyway- I got here on Monday but nearly didn't bring along my 29'er- the
cranks were frozen stiff and took a fair amount of cursing to undo.
Beware of steel nuts on alloy cranks! Luckily I managed to pack it all
up before my flight to Perth.

It's quite nice riding in a different neighbourhood My aunty took me
out to their bush section yesterday. It took almost an hour to drive
there but it was well worth it. I'd never ridden much in sand before
and it was certainly a challenge! It's been raining here but the tracks
were probably better in the wet. I spent a few hours just playing
around out in the middle of nowhere before heading back.

We went to John Forrest National park today. There were some really
cool gravel tracks- perfect for unicycling. It started pouring with
rain but there was never any sticky mud- you Australians are so lucky in
that respect. The tracks were really fast and I almost crashed into a
Kangaroo and her Joey on an epic singletrack descent . Also ran
into a group of school kids that yelled out "Are you crazee?"
I got back soaking wet with a huge grin on my face.

It just goes to prove that a unicycle is the perfect travel vehicle!
It's so quick and easy to transport. I don't think I would have bothered
disassembling my bike to bring to Perth for a week. And I didn't get
charged a bike fee to bring my unicycle on the plane either

I'll take my 29'er for a spin along the Swan River tonight

Ken

Old September 24th 03, 09:03 AM
djm

I don't recall anyone from WA or Perth myself but I was speaking of Ache
at the moment but he's in SA. (South Australia) Strange Really Ken. I'll
try to help if I can but I'll check the Australian Roster on the
Unicycling.org site. Sounds you had a good time in WA in Perth. Have a
good time here Ken and thanks for a terrific report you made.

David

--
djm - David John Mason

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/davidsalbum
davidjmason[at]unicyclist[dot]com
-David J. Mason-
Unicycles Foreshore Opening Soon. Website Coming.

djm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3299

Old September 24th 03, 01:29 PM
treepotato

i have relations in Perth! but unfortunatly they don't uni

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942