sadness

Old August 27th 03, 10:47 PM
ubersquish

Default sadness

i'm moving my stuff to college now, and the ONE thing my dad won't let
me bring is my uni. and jagur just mailed my cranks to my new address.
i'm probably going to spend a lot of time staring at those wheelless
cranks

--
ubersquish
ubersquish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4328

Old August 27th 03, 11:13 PM
UniBrier

ubersquish wrote:
*i'm moving my stuff to college now, and the ONE thing my dad won't
let me bring is my uni. *

Uni's are the perfect college vehicle. I rode mine all over campus amost
every day...on the otherhand it did take me five years to get a four
year degree... Nah, couldn't be related.

You must find a way.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.

Ok, ya'll can resume your previous assignments, thanx. -C
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old August 27th 03, 11:17 PM
slugbath

Oh, man...is it too big to fit in the car? Too distracting? Too
valuable? Too weird? Is there a really good reason for you not to have
a mode of transportation that doubles as exercise and mental release
while you are working hard at school?

Unless you think your dad will come around to negotiation (I mean, I
assume you are an responsible adult who can handle the allure of a
unicycle in the corner when you are supposed to be studying), or unless
there is a *good* (i.e., not petty) reason for you not to take it along,
I second the motion... sneak that sucker in...

Good luck!

--
slugbath - Toodling...
slugbath's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/432

Old August 27th 03, 11:56 PM
paco

I used my unicycle as transportation for all five years of my four year
degree as well. They work very well, since they usually can be taken
into your apartment. Good luck bringing it with you!

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

"One thing is for sure. Inspector Clay is dead. Murdered. And
-somebody's- responsible!"
-Plan 9 From Outer Space
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old August 27th 03, 11:56 PM
tomblackwood

ubersquish wrote:
*i'm moving my stuff to college now, and the ONE thing my dad won't
let me bring is my uni. *

Are you starting college early? Have you registered for the draft?

Old enough to fight for country = legal age = age at which one can make
unicycle decisions independently.

Of course, this is realizing that if Dad is helping with college $, then
all of the above still don't equal "age at which one can tell Dad to
take a flying ____ at the moon". Wait 'till he leaves, then figure out
how to siphon off some of your book money into a new uni. That way you
still have one when you go home for weekends.

Come to think of it, isn't that what college loans are for?

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

My other brake is my face!

Old August 27th 03, 11:57 PM
Sofa

I don't know what you're complaining about. The real question is, 'will
he let you bring your new uni home at Xmas?'

--
Sofa - My Custom Beard

'London Unicycling Club' (http://londonunicyclingclub.ca)
Sofa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/706

Old August 28th 03, 04:51 AM
chirokid

tomblackwood wrote:
*

Come to think of it, isn't that what college loans are for?
*

I have to totally agree with Tom on this one. I'm sure that is the
reason your Dad wants you to leave your current Uni at home. A student
loan will allow you to buy the Unicycle of your dreams.

Unlike Paco and UniBrier, I was able to complete my 71/2 years of
college in 6 1/2 years, all with Uni in tow. I think it made me
smarter. Your Dad can call me for referances, refarences,
raferences..... sources. --chirokid--

--
chirokid

"Unicycling can make you proud then humble in very quick succession."
Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Old August 28th 03, 05:07 AM
john_childs

I have to disagree with everyone here. The reason ubersquish's dad
doesn't want him to bring a unicycle to college is so he'll have more
time to drink beer. We all know that the purpose of college is to learn
to drink beer and this is just his dad's way of saying so.

Since he won't have his unicycle he won't waste all that time practicing
new skills which will leave more time for drinking beer. And since he
won't have a unicycle he won't get labeled as a nerd and he'll get
invited to more parties where he'll get to drink even more beer.

See, it's all logical.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old August 28th 03, 05:56 AM
ubersquish

there's a light rail route going from where my uni is to a little less
than 8 miles north of campus. i'll take that home, sneak in and take the
uni, and then back to college

of course, this will have to wait for my foot to heal, along with my
hamstring. last thursday i dodged a car (or moved to the side of the
road to let it pass) and upd'ed. first one i've had that landed me on my
tush. i hurt my heel then, and proceeded to college where i walked lots
and lots on it. monday purple bruisish looking things showed up on it,
and then tuesday my hamstring started hurting whenever i walked. also
tuesday, i noticed that both the heel and the tendon were rather
swollen, so i went to the university health center where the doctor told
me to get it xrayed to see if i had broken anything. i plan on getting
the xray tommorrow morning

three reasons now for me not being able to ride: unicycle is not here;
my foot will fall off if i try to go get it, my foot will fall off
during freemount practice if i somehow got it here. poo

Old August 28th 03, 06:29 AM
tomblackwood

ubersquish wrote:
*three reasons now for me not being able to ride: unicycle is not
here; my foot will fall off if i try to go get it, my foot will fall
off during freemount practice if i somehow got it here. poo *

Sounds like you have both free time and pain/discomfort. Suggest you
take to heart the Gospel According to St. John as documented above.