speeding ticket

Old September 3rd 03, 06:06 AM
Bill Davidson

Default speeding ticket

bgaudet0801 wrote:
That explains why one wouldn't want to ride that park as a _ride_. I use
small parks, parkettes and linking trails as transit corridors. It works
pretty well for this small city. The idea that a particular part might be
legally off-limits is surprising to me.

I do this too but when I do, I slow way down--to about 5mph. There are
also some wide (15'-20') sidewalks I do this on where there is no usable
street for a few blocks (next to a trolley rail). I've ridden right past
bicycle cops and said "Hi" as I went by. I don't think it's a big problem
as long as you are going slow enough to be safe. It's stupid and dangerous
to ride fast when there's lots of pedestrians on the paths.

--Bill Davidson
--
Please remove ".nospam" from my address for email replies.

I'm a 17 year veteran of usenet -- you'd think I'd be over it by now

Old September 3rd 03, 12:37 PM
Rick Onanian

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 01:03:33 GMT, bgaudet0801
wrote:
Could you please enlighten a non-New Yaw-w-w-wkah: Why don't the

I'm also a non-New Yaw-w-w-wkah, but I'll take
a stab at it:

powers-that-be permit or wish one to bicycle this park in particular? Or
parks in general??
preservation areas, yes - but not urban parks.

In urban areas, any place is subject to abuse by
those attracted to it. Parks tend to attract people
on human powered wheels -- bicycles, skates,
skateboards.

Such people create a nuisance to the less visible,
more vocal pedestrians. Pedestrians complain, the
"parks are for people to enjoy at walking speed"
rhetoric begins, and rules are made.

In local urban, and even suburban areas, parks
and library parking lots and such commonly have
signs prohibiting skates and skateboards; I can
imagine that in super-urban areas like NYC, big
public parks might prohibit bicyclists.

--
Rick Onanian
Old September 17th 03, 08:52 PM
B.C. Cletta

The cyclists would interfere with the Negroid individuals selling pot.

you mean separating the fools from their money? sounds like just
another "capitalist pig yankee running dog" to me.
Old September 17th 03, 10:16 PM
Ken Bessler

"B.C. Cletta" wrote in message
om...
The cyclists would interfere with the Negroid individuals selling pot.

you mean separating the fools from their money? sounds like just
another "capitalist pig yankee running dog" to me.

Ploink!

Old September 18th 03, 06:55 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Ken Bessler wrote:
: Ploink!

i thought it was plonk?
--
david reuteler

Old September 18th 03, 08:20 PM
Zoot Katz

18 Sep 2003 17:55:26 GMT,
,
David Reuteler wrote:

In rec.bicycles.misc Ken Bessler wrote:
: Ploink!

i thought it was plonk?

That too.
--
zk
Old October 18th 03, 02:19 AM
B.Wildered

There's barely enough room for the dope dealers to ply their trade in
Washington Square Park
The little room that's left is needed for their customers to pretend to be
"hangin' out".
The dog run for the outraegeous sized apartment animals that **** there at
will take up what space is left.

Who wants to run into a dealer, doper, or dog,
or smell dog/human **** anyway!

"bgaudet0801" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

"zeldabee" wrote in message
Earl Camembert wrote:
"victor" wrote:
I've also been
ticketed for biking in Washington Square Park at 7:30 AM on a cold
winter morning. Guess there bike tickets are built into the cost of
living in NYC.

[...]
Under normal circumstances, it wouldn't occur to me to ride
through Washington Square Park.

Could you please enlighten a non-New Yaw-w-w-wkah: Why don't the
powers-that-be permit or wish one to bicycle this park in particular? Or
parks in general??

Granted my experience is quaintly provincial but I've never seen a
park-posted as off-limits to bikes. Some hiking trails or wildlife
preservation areas, yes - but not urban parks.