My dilemma.

Old September 8th 04, 09:13 PM
Sigurd

Default My dilemma.

I seem to be heading in the direction of trials. I have a United Extra
Large Adult Trainer with Euro 150s and it has really held up well to
what I have thrown at it. Mostly hopping, hopping up and down stairs,
riding down stairs, crank grabs and even some Muni. I landed a 15" drop
once too (that's a lot for me). The problem is, I would really like to
try some more hardcore tricks. I would like to learn hopping seat-out
to get me some extra height to work with. However, I'm not sure how
much that hub and 2.125" wide street tire can handle. I'm 215 poundsand
I can easily fold it over on a big side hop. How much stress can this
setup handle. Has anyone run this setup before? Should I start
upgrading or just sell it and get a real trials cycle? Money is an
object and I just want to make the right decision here.

--
Sigurd - I'm still riding a United trainer?
Sigurd's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6801

Old September 9th 04, 04:25 AM
Sigurd

Anybody??

Old September 9th 04, 05:44 AM
Catboy

Sigurd wrote:
*Also, is the Nimbus trials really a good deal at $169? *

For the stuff you are doing it is perfect. It will probably last you a
good year or so, even with progressions to higher drops. Its definetely
well worth the money, but buy some Bike euros for it or some
nimbus-x's(like 25-30 bucks) cause that cranks bent on me(down and
rotated sideways) after just dropping of a park table like maybe 20
times(in addition to other drops and ridage).

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!

[image: http://pics.xs.to/pics/04063/catko.jpg]
I have the amazing power to talk to cats!=^.^=

Old September 9th 04, 05:53 AM
Tim

Its good but the cranks are like are butter. You should see if you can
get a splined hub and cranks. You'll probly start off easy but you'll
likelly do bigger drops and jumps. The onza is a very good buy.

--
Tim - Coker user

"He's on a unicycle we'll never catch him now!" -Fred from Scooby Doo
Tim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4671

Old September 9th 04, 06:28 AM
Sigurd

Catboy wrote:
*

It will probably last you a good year or so*

Which part of it will last a year? The cranks? Or the hub? That Onza
is mighty tempting, but it's a bit out of my price range. And are there
any 24" trials cycles? Or do you just have to use a Muni, like the
KH24?

Old September 9th 04, 08:17 AM
daino149

Sigurd wrote:
*

Which part of it will last a year? The cranks? Or the hub? That
Onza is mighty tempting, but it's a bit out of my price range. And
are there any 24" trials cycles? Or do you just have to use a Muni,
like the KH24? *

The hub should last as long as you don't do anything too crazy. Just
make sure that when you land, you roll out and land square to minimize
the stress on the cycle. The cranks might not last too long, but they
are cheap.

Normally 24 inchers aren't called Trials cycles, but a MUni is basically
a large trials cycle. Or, you could say that a trials cycle is a 20
inch MUni. The main difference is that the 24 will be heavier but
faster and a bit more practical. By practical I mean that you can cover
some distance on it.

Hope that helps.
Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

Check out my pics: www.unicyclist.com/gallery/daino Updated: 04.07.03
Kaena
Bugman - "if you are a little left of them, it would seem like they are
on the right"
Sig count: 2

04.05.23 11214
04.05.25 11284
04.05.26 11329

Rigid fork dilemma Chris Davies UK 9 August 24th 04 12:28 PM
Ken Papai dilemma - Found!! Steven Bornfeld Racing 5 August 4th 04 07:07 PM