BLART Trail Ride Wed 17 Aug...

Old August 16th 05, 03:19 AM
Tamyka Bell

Default BLART Trail Ride Wed 17 Aug...

What's the plan, guys, hello? I just got back from C2S and no one is
talking to me...

Tam
Old August 16th 05, 03:29 AM
Absent Husband

Me and my lovely wife are taking the offspring to the Ekka. I'll be a
bloated mess full of strawberry ice-creams....

Have fun..... *looks mournfully at shed bereft of any signs of an mtb*

Abby

Old August 16th 05, 12:53 PM
adam85

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
What's the plan, guys, hello? I just got back from C2S and no one is
talking to me...

Tam

That's because we don't want you to know where we are meeting Oh ok 9am
at the Upper Day Use Area (top dirt carpark) on Daisy Hill Rd. All welcome!

Adam

Old August 17th 05, 09:40 AM
Tamyka Bell

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, adam85 wrote:

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
What's the plan, guys, hello? I just got back from C2S and no one is
talking to me...

Tam

That's because we don't want you to know where we are meeting Oh ok 9am
at the Upper Day Use Area (top dirt carpark) on Daisy Hill Rd. All welcome!

Adam

Thanks for today guys, how long did you go for? Sorry to bail early but I
just hit that point where I thought I was going to cough up the last 20%
of my lungs, and I really needed some sleep (and clean undies too - so I
did washing as well). I had a good ride through tunnel of love - made it
over little rocky bits that I normally run over. Still didn't ride over
the rocky corner because, even though the rocks don't look scary, the
corner does. And I missed the sandy corner, just because I got nervous, so
I went back and took it again for a change. Yay! Nirvana was a bit psycho
though. I would've loved to be able to watch Paulie ride it. Thanks heaps
for waiting for me Lotte.

Adam85, I gotta say, you look GOOD for an old fart. I've only met you once
before but I thought you were about 30.

Tam
Old August 17th 05, 10:44 PM
LotteBum

Tam wrote

Thanks for today guys, how long did you go for?

About 45 minutes. I had to push pretty hard to avoid having to b
waited for. At one point, I took off in front of the others and I wa
PINNING it. Every time I looked back, there was some relaxed lookin
******* behind me. Not fair because I was working pretty hard

Sorry to bail early but I just hit that point where I thought I wa
going to cough up the last 20% of my lungs, and I really needed som
sleep

You sounded like a bag of ****, so it's probably a good thing yo
bailed at that point

(and clean undies too - so I did washing as well).

Noice

had a good ride through tunnel of love - made it over little rocky bit
that I normally run over. Still didn't ride over the rocky corne
because, even though the rocks don't look scary, the corner does.

You fear corners, but not rocks. You're insane!!

And I missed the sandy corner, just because I got nervous, so I wen
back and took it again for a change. Yay

That's the best way to build confidence

Nirvana was a bit psycho though. I would've loved to be able to watc
Paulie ride it.

HA!! He stacked!! TWICE

Thanks heaps for waiting for me Lotte. :

My pleasure, dude

Adam85, I gotta say, you look GOOD for an old fart. I've only met yo
once before but I thought you were about 30

Agreed. A bit too fit for my liking though. I felt pretty flogge
after that ride yesterday, despite having immense fun.

Good to ride with you again, Tam... when are we doing it again

LotteBu

P.S. MEN.... BRING YOUR WIVES NEXT TIME

--
LotteBum

Old August 17th 05, 11:57 PM
adam85

Tamyka Bell Wrote:[color=blue]

Thanks for today guys, how long did you go for? Sorry to bail early bu
just hit that point where I thought I was going to cough up the las
20%
of my lungs, and I really needed some sleep (and clean undies too - s
did washing as well). I had a good ride through tunnel of love - mad
it
over little rocky bits that I normally run over. Still didn't rid
over
the rocky corner because, even though the rocks don't look scary, the
corner does. And I missed the sandy corner, just because I got nervous
so
I went back and took it again for a change. Yay! Nirvana was a bi
psycho
though. I would've loved to be able to watch Paulie ride it. Thank
heaps
for waiting for me Lotte.
Tam

We finished up about 12 I think. Paul and Lotte showed up some reall
good singletrack, but I only had a vague idea of where we where. Jame
might do us one of those spiffy 3D gps plots.

Paul is a bit of a gun hey and Lotte was constantly giving me the hurr
up. To prove my "gumbiness" I managed to have a really low speed stac
just crossing a log at a bit of an angle and the rear tyre slipped out
I lost some bark off my elbow, but also landed on my leg and now th
side of my left quad is quite sore when I ride. Bit of a bugger as I'v
got the QLD Old Farts road race champ on saturday

Tamyka Bell Wrote:
Tam wrote:
Adam85, I gotta say, you look GOOD for an old fart. I've only met yo
once
before but I thought you were about 30.

Gee thanks Tam - It's my intensive Oil of Ulay beauty regime darlink :
You see some of the old vets who are 70+ and still look hard as nail
you gotta think this cycling lark must be good for you! Have t
remember to wear more suncreen though especially in winter or we'll al
end up riddled with skin cancer and looking like a leathery old boot.

We'll have to do it again sometime soon it was heaps of fun.

Ada

--
adam85

Old August 18th 05, 01:39 AM
Tamyka Bell

LotteBum wrote:

waited for. At one point, I took off in front of the others and I was
PINNING it. Every time I looked back, there was some relaxed looking
******* behind me. Not fair because I was working pretty hard.

I would never, ever, ever do something like that to you Lotte... wanna
race up the hill?

You sounded like a bag of ****, so it's probably a good thing you
bailed at that point.

Thanks for leaving out the bit about how I looked like a bag of **** and
also rode like one.

had a good ride through tunnel of love - made it over little rocky bits
that I normally run over. Still didn't ride over the rocky corner
because, even though the rocks don't look scary, the corner does.

You fear corners, but not rocks. You're insane!!!

Yeah... I just know I can't corner. You might be right about that road
stack doing my head in. I'll still corner easy at 45kph at Murarrie, but
5kph on my own can seem scary... Rocks are cool though.

Nirvana was a bit psycho though. I would've loved to be able to watch
Paulie ride it.

HA!! He stacked!! TWICE!

And you took pleasure in that, of course did he stack once on each
loop or both the same loop?

Adam85, I gotta say, you look GOOD for an old fart. I've only met you
once before but I thought you were about 30.

Agreed. A bit too fit for my liking though. I felt pretty flogged
after that ride yesterday, despite having immense fun.

Hehehe and not nearly pasty enough for your liking hahahaha. (Sorry
Paulie)

Good to ride with you again, Tam... when are we doing it again?

I've managed to get out of the second weekend of work (not this weekend)
so maybe then. Kurt sends apologies, he was working at some fashion
show.

P.S. MEN.... BRING YOUR WIVES NEXT TIME.

And small children, I get hungry.

Tam
Old August 18th 05, 01:42 AM
Tamyka Bell

adam85 wrote:

We finished up about 12 I think. Paul and Lotte showed up some really
good singletrack, but I only had a vague idea of where we where. James
might do us one of those spiffy 3D gps plots.

Kewl. I never know where I am. I was so totally lost in Nirvana
(hehehe).

Paul is a bit of a gun hey and Lotte was constantly giving me the hurry

Paulie is pretty amazing but it was much funnier when he was SSing it.

up. To prove my "gumbiness" I managed to have a really low speed stack
just crossing a log at a bit of an angle and the rear tyre slipped out.
I lost some bark off my elbow, but also landed on my leg and now the
side of my left quad is quite sore when I ride. Bit of a bugger as I've
got the QLD Old Farts road race champ on saturday

She'll be right by then, I guarantee it.*

Tam wrote:
Adam85, I gotta say, you look GOOD for an old fart. I've only met you
once before but I thought you were about 30.

Gee thanks Tam - It's my intensive Oil of Ulay beauty regime darlink
You see some of the old vets who are 70+ and still look hard as nails
you gotta think this cycling lark must be good for you! Have to
remember to wear more suncreen though especially in winter or we'll all
end up riddled with skin cancer and looking like a leathery old boot.

That was Lotte's plan, wasn't it? And something about tits down near her
ankles?

We'll have to do it again sometime soon it was heaps of fun.

Hopefully I'll be healthy!

Tam
Old August 19th 05, 12:04 AM
adam85

LotteBum Wrote:

P.S. MEN.... BRING YOUR WIVES NEXT TIME.

Yeah they could have had the bbq going for the end of the ride

I've put a couple of map pics and a google earth file courtesy of jame
the cartographer (now a lurker) at:

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/p...rs/Climbs.html

Adam
P.S. I showed a workmate and he thought passion-fingers was some sor
of smutty reference so for anyone who hasn't heard it before, passio
fingers describes someone who f*cks everything they touch :

--
adam85

Old August 19th 05, 01:17 AM
Tamyka Bell

adam85 wrote:

LotteBum Wrote:

P.S. MEN.... BRING YOUR WIVES NEXT TIME.

Yeah they could have had the bbq going for the end of the ride

I've put a couple of map pics and a google earth file courtesy of james
the cartographer (now a lurker) at:

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/p...rs/Climbs.html

Adam
P.S. I showed a workmate and he thought passion-fingers was some sort
of smutty reference so for anyone who hasn't heard it before, passion
fingers describes someone who f*cks everything they touch

--
adam85

LOL, watch out, Lotte will try to touch you next time we ride. Probably
so will Paulie

Tam