New Muni Video from "Rockit" Tail in Laguna!

Old May 14th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default New Muni Video from "Rockit" Tail in Laguna!

Hey y'all! Me and my new Muni-riding buddy, Jim Dugue, who lives in the
Orange County (CA) area, had a great three hour Muni ride in the Aliso
Woods Wilderness Park area near Laguna Beach, ca. It's one of TONS of
great MTB trails in the area, and it a mecca for serious DH
mountain-bikers.

Here's a quick description of two of the four trails we rode, quoted
from Geoladders: "Most probably the quickest way to experience thrills
here at Aliso Woods. The climb up Cholla is short but always breaks a
sweat. Meanwhile the _Rock-It_ descent is quite technical and consists
of rock gardens, windy smooth singletrack and a plethora of ledges and
challenging lines for the bold."

We started on "Cholla", then proceeded up...waaay up to "Top of the
world" (Well, almost) and along the way spotted a 3-foot rattler smack
dab in the middle of the trail! From a distance, it appeared to have
been run over, but it was simply basking in the sun, stretched out and
chillin'. I walked up to it cautiously, and it didn't budge, as if to
say, "you don't scare me buddy!". So, taking a cue from "Animal
Planet", and having many years experience with our slithery friends,
carefully grabbed it by the tail, and gently "swung" him back into the
brush! He was sure "rattling" now, and majorly ****ed off! But better
that then getting squished by a MTB.

Most of the bikers were in AWE of us, and we really sensed their
appreciation for us tackling their "turf." We also met Lisa, a mid
20-something beauty who hung out with us for a spell at the near-top of
the world summit! She later BLASTED down a long, super-steep section at
break neck speed! Hot! We sure hope to meet up with her again soon!

So, here's the vid, but don't expect any amazing feats, but we sure had
a BLAST though! There are plenty of UPD's, and just so you all know,
Jim has only been riding Muni for 2 weeks! Cheers!

http://tinyurl.com/mvove

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through.

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"!
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418