sadness

Old August 28th 03, 08:17 AM
paco

Default sadness

I had a friend who hurt her foot in a non-unicycle accident, and she
found that she could get to classes without the aid of crutches as long
as she was riding her uni. I don't think they let her ride her uni
through the halls, though.
And contrary to popular belief, if you ride a unicycle, you may not be
labeled as a nerd. Or if you do, they might invite you to the parties
just to entertain them all. Remember, drunk people are easy to
entertain (and exploit for money).
Wait until they're all drunk, pull off a few tricks on your uni, then
tell everyone that if you had a better unicycle, you could do even
better tricks. The money will start to pour in.

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

"One thing is for sure. Inspector Clay is dead. Murdered. And
-somebody's- responsible!"
-Plan 9 From Outer Space
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old August 28th 03, 02:37 PM
Memphis Mud

I think maybe dad would miss the uni.

--
Memphis Mud - Student of GrandMaster 2T

Mantra: Avoid Hitting Tailbone...Avoid Hitting Tailbone...
Memphis Mud's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1987

Old August 28th 03, 03:03 PM
treepotato

ahhh if my dad doesn't let me bring my uni to uni i'm riding it there
myself!

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Old August 28th 03, 09:53 PM
Sarah Miller

ubersquish wrote:

i'm moving my stuff to college now, and the ONE thing my dad won't let
me bring is my uni. and jagur just mailed my cranks to my new address.

Do you think your dad might be wanting to learn to ride in secret? If so
leave that uni at home, use libary books and get a new uni with book
money to keep at school. That way you have the use of one in term time and
the other in holidays and daddy need never know!

My parents went a little ballistic when I came home for christmas at the
end of my first term with a unicycle, they said it was just a phase and
i'd not see any benefit from it and I'd wasted money I could have used
for food or tools. 11 years on I'm still riding and my folks are big fans
of the British Unicycle team.

Good Luck,
sarah

--
Union of UK Unicyclists
By and for UK riders
Old August 29th 03, 02:38 AM
DasDingus

I'm off to college tomorrow, and the first thing i put into my van was
my unicycle. My parents were like unicycle or whatever in your freetime,
just make sure you yhave time to study. I'm sorry to hear that you cant
bring your's, but hopefully you can persuade your dad to change his mind

BTW - what college?

--
DasDingus - Poor Unicyclist

That's where I saw the leprechaun!

He told me to burn things!
DasDingus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3294

Old August 29th 03, 02:00 PM
ubersquish

in arlington we don't even have to be stingy since there ain't any buses
for us to not ride. that's actually what made me think of getting a uni
in the first place. midjuly, i was thinking that walking everywhere in
arlington would be a real pain and that b*ke's required i use my hands,
so why not get a unicycle? had me my torker the next week

--
ubersquish
ubersquish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4328

Old August 30th 03, 06:03 AM
ubersquish

my expedition to rescue my uni went like this:
i ride eight and a half miles on a b*ke to get to a train station, get
there in time to wait and almost two hours for the next one, and then
decide to walk four miles down the track to get to the station at dfw
airport. these two guys that were fishing stopped me and told me that
once it got dark coyotes would come out and eat me. so they give me a
ride to the airport, i ride the train to dallas, switch trains, get to
plano (home) and i start calling people to see if i could sleep at their
places. not looking good, and my phone's battery is starting to die. so
i get to my house and ride around to the side of the house to chain the
b*ke to a tree. but just as i go around the side of the house, my dad
comes outside to smoke, and sees me. and i go 'tassa was coming back up
to plano and i came up with her. surprise!' so when i leave to 'go to
tassa's house', i'll actually be riding back to the train station with
my uni over my shoulder. i'd leave the b*ke in plano except the uni
still has 150's on it and i can't manage eight and a half miles with ym
feet constantly slipping off the pedals. so it looks like it's gonna
work, and i'll have my uni

Old August 31st 03, 07:23 AM
ubersquish

i have successfully made it back to arlington with my uni. riding uphill
on a mb, uni over my left shoulder, right hand on the handlebar, is hard
work. especially considering that i'm left handed. but the gear shifter
was on that side so i had to. but that'll be the last time i ride the
b*ke anywhere

Old August 31st 03, 07:48 AM
paco

Congratulations! You now have a unicycle at college. That is one of
the greatest advantages you can have at school. Now for the rest of
your life, if you ever run into someone who went to your school at the
same time as you, if you mention that you were the one on the unicycle,
most likely they will know who you are. Exciting, huh?
I'm glad you got it there safely. Have fun on campus, and remember, you
are now the UnBassador to your school. Give unicycling and unicyclists
a good name!

--
paco - Creator of the "BUni"

If you attempt to fail, and succeed, which one did you really do?
paco's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3715

Old August 31st 03, 06:06 PM
ubersquish

a good name? but i wa planning on hanging with the skateboarders...