Sure is slow around here

Old December 25th 05, 07:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Sure is slow around here

Tim Lines wrote:
I've just overdosed on irony.

The doctors will want to know if it was situational irony, tragic
irony, comic irony or situational irony before they treat you.

Old December 25th 05, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Donald Munro wrote:
Tim Lines wrote:

I've just overdosed on irony.

The doctors will want to know if it was situational irony, tragic
irony, comic irony or situational irony before they treat you.

I have no data on any of that.
Old December 25th 05, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Me wrote:

Bull****!......

You ******s could not give a crap about Clinton etal. Doing the exact same
thing...

Why do you believe this is Republican vs Democrat?

When Bush argues that we should sacrifice civil liberties to "save
American lives" and the we should cheerfully sacrifice our rights for
the greater good, SOME Republicans think that sounds like circa 1930's
Soviet bull****. Other Republicans realize that, even if Bush is
correct about saving lives, it's all small potatoes so far. If he
really wants to save American lives, he (or his successor) will put the
state security apparatus to work tracking down handgun owners and taking
the guns away. That'll save 20000+ American lives per year.

I don't see how anyone can claim to be conservative while buying into
this. I'm glad to see a decent number of Republican senators and
congressmen who don't.

Democrats are supposed to support stuff like this, not Republicans.
Old December 25th 05, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tim Lines wrote:
wrote:

Ben
RBR Minister of Data Mining

I've just overdosed on irony.

Irony: it's not funny anymore.

Old December 26th 05, 05:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Donald Munro wrote:
Tim Lines wrote:

I've just overdosed on irony.

The doctors will want to know if it was situational irony, tragic
irony, comic irony or situational irony before they treat you.

and if it has been grokked or not.
Old December 26th 05, 07:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article ,
Tim Lines wrote:

Me wrote:

[...]

Well, Democrats are alleged to support stuff like this, Tim, but you remember
who else did it? Nixon, with COINTELPro. A good editorial on it here, by the way:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,3472167.colum
n?coll=chi-news-col&ctrack=1&cset=true

--
tanx,
Howard

The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old December 26th 05, 07:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Tim Lines wrote:
I've just overdosed on irony.

Stu Fleming wrote:
and if it has been grokked or not.

Perhaps tim took it (irony that is) with some of heathers eggnog.

Old December 26th 05, 07:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Bill C wrote:
You guys better be checking the bushes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051224...e_051224200715

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3365651

Old December 26th 05, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 24 Dec 2005 18:45:01 -0800, "
wrote:

So it's not amazing to me that they're doing this (although
there is some irony in sophisticated data mining when the
FBI's computer system lets agents look up "flight," or
"school," but not "flight AND school."). It's amazing to me
that they can't cook up a way to sell it to Congress and the
public; rather they feel they can just keep it secret, and when
it gets out, they justify it by saying the President has the
authority to authorize what the President wants. Or as
Nixon said to David Frost, "When the President does it, that
means it is not illegal."

I'm too lazy to look it up the day after Presents Day (BTW, the 16
year old Bushmills Single Malt is very interesting, whether you
normally drink bourbon or scotch, and this has a minor impact on my
laziness), but I thought they DID have a data mining project that was
largely public, with a badly chosen name, that was closed down a few
years ago. Probably DOS based or done in PICK.

FWIW, I'm talking about a comprehensive system, not the 'Total
Information Awareness' or whatever the exact name.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old December 27th 05, 07:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:53:26 -0500, Curtis L. Russell
wrote:

Sure is slow with nothing newsworthy happening at all except an obit
in L'Equipe which beat the Pink Paper hands down coz they missed
that and also Cippo's cracked kneecap and instead ran a lead item
'bout Ballerini playin' kissy kissy wid Savoldelli and rehashed an
almost month old now Slow News Day Retro article 'bout Coppi and
Binda with an Honourable Mention for Martini.

Now why can't Jan get ****ed or High or both and smash up his car or
Super****** do a Pantani or something to brighten up this dead time of
year?

--