USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

Old December 30th 03, 11:08 PM
Jiyang Chen

Default USPS dropping Trek and Shimano!

"Daremo" wrote in
Anyone who buys/sells their bike because of their favorite pro rider
uses a specific model really needs help ...........

and then you said:

I loved the Colnago Master Krono..purchase was influenced by a pro

.......... I
bought the Mapei frame because I loved Tony Rominger, he was the man.

??

Old December 31st 03, 01:57 AM
Steven L. Sheffield

and then you said:

I loved the Colnago Master Krono..purchase was influenced by a pro

......... I
bought the Mapei frame because I loved Tony Rominger, he was the man.

Thankfully, I only ride bikes that were actually built by the man whose name
is on the downtube.

Steven L. Sheffield
2003 Richard Sachs Signature / 2003 Campagnolo Record 10
1997 Ron Cooper / 2001 Campagnolo Record 10

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Old December 31st 03, 04:12 AM
Tom Kunich

"Davey Crockett" wrote in message

s.com...
"Jiyang Chen" writes:

"Daremo" wrote in
A good rider buys his/her bike based on their needs, budget, and

fit
on a bike.

That's something that rarely happens. Newcomers and even long

time roadies
want want the same equipment that Lance Armstrong use, with the

same helmet,
frame, wheels, Pro M frame, matching jerseys and shorts. They

think that if
the stuff is good enough for Lance Armstrong, it must be really

really good.

And that feeling alone is a psychological boost and helps them

ride better
One sees more Trek carbon fiber frames than any other frame, not

because
it's cheaper or better, but because Lance Armstrong uses it.

I suppose there really is no limit to the stupidity of ''homo

sapiens''

Yeah, buying a good bike for a good price with a lifetime warranty
sure is stupid.

Old December 31st 03, 07:37 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

"h squared" wrote in message

there was a funny quote from eric hoffer that i just read last nite in
the book "the blank slate. the modern denial of human nature" (steven
pinker) that said "When people are free to do as they please, they
usually imitate each other."

the book itself was saying that as a species we have a powerful desire
to imitate others because this aids 1. for people to learn and benefit
from other people's knowledge and experiences (so, i buy a trek because
lance rides one and he's good. in a world without advertising, this may
actually help me). and 2. it helps arbitrary rules that are necessary
for a group to function to be followed (like driving on the correct side
of the road, or believing that the little paper with presidents heads
printed on them are really equivalent to goods and services.).

most everyone has noticed that humans in groups are conformists, but
it's interesting to think about how conforming helped the species to be
successful. i know, this has really nothing to do with your post except
that i was reading about it at about the same time as you were writing,

Dumbass -

You should know that an intellectual post will draw no response here.

K. Gringioni
dumb and proud of it

Old December 31st 03, 07:39 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

and then you said:

I loved the Colnago Master Krono..purchase was influenced by a pro

......... I
bought the Mapei frame because I loved Tony Rominger, he was the man.

Thankfully, I only ride bikes that were actually built by the man whose

name
is on the downtube.

Dumbass -

I've done that (raced bike w/ maker's name on downtube).

I also raced Cannondales (had to when team was sponsored).

Didn't notice the difference - they're all good these days.

Old December 31st 03, 01:28 PM
h squared

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

Dumbass -

You should know that an intellectual post will draw no response here.

K. Gringioni
dumb and proud of it

dumb and proud-

i get excited about things, and for some reason i have to share. your
response was good enough

this goes against the rbr code, but i try not to call people names
anymore (mostly), like "stupid" "asshole" "whiney bitch". it's more
interesting to try to think of valid reasons for their behavior. this
line of thinking all started on my long training skates and rides when i
had nothin better to do, so in a way it does come back to rbr.

heather
Old December 31st 03, 09:31 PM
Daremo

and then you said:
I loved the Colnago Master Krono..purchase was influenced by a pro

......... I
bought the Mapei frame because I loved Tony Rominger, he was the man.

??

Difference is, I bought the team COLOR because I liked him, not
complete team bike ..... and the bike was bought for one specific use
time trialing ........ It was outfitted with my own specific selectio
of components, and as I said, I used it three or four times a year fo
tt'ing only

I had to wait 4 months to get the frame built and shipped from Italy
they had zero in country for sale. It was a custom order, and wort
every penny. The bike was incredibly unique, and so absolutely gorgeous

Not like the 50,000 OCLV's in Postal colors out there with people wh
can't even average 18 mph on a flat on them ........

-

Old January 1st 04, 03:46 AM
Jiyang Chen

"Daremo" wrote in message news:fmGIb.85543

Not like the 50,000 OCLV's in Postal colors out there with people who
can't even average 18 mph on a flat on them .........

So...how fast can you average?

Old January 3rd 04, 12:12 AM
Benjamin Weiner

h squared wrote:

[...]

sorry.

Cool. From now on, when somebody wanders into rbr and asks
belligerent questions about such subjects as why bike racers
engage in roadie customs like shaving their legs, wearing
spandex, making fun of bearded riders, etc, we can say that
we are doing it for the survival of the species.

Trek 820 vs. Fuji Boulevard Jim_Bowman_007 Mountain Biking 8 July 9th 04 03:50 AM
Klein vs. Trek Lester Long Racing 22 September 29th 03 06:47 PM
New (2004) Trek 1200 Howard Slomer General 2 August 10th 03 01:20 AM