ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF

Old June 11th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Off The Back

Default ASO still refusing to admit Astana in TDF

Bob Schwartz wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Most NRC races don't follow UCI rules either even though USA
Cycling - like the FFC - is "member of the UCI."

They don't?

No, they don't. They follow USCF rules. Ever hear of the USCF
rulebook? If you haven't, then you should change your name to Shawn
Farrell or become a USCF official.

Because you are qualified based on your post.

Are there any clauses in the USCF rulebook referencing
UCI rules?

Either the race is run under USCF rules or UCI rules.

All NRC races are run under USCF rules, not UCI rules (unless the race
is UCI sanctioned, of course).

Don't try to turn this debate into a ****ing puzzle when there isn't
one.

It's not a puzzle. It's clearly stated in the USCF
rulebook. So, the answer to whether UCI rules
apply to NRC races run under USCF rules is clear.

NRC races are not run under UCI rules. They are run under USCF rules
(unless they are UCI sanctioned - such as Mt. Hood).

Ever see an official's communique from an NRC race? They cite violations
of USCF rules and level fines accordingly.

Your inability to admit that you're wrong, even
when it's in black and white like it is in the
USCF rulebook (which is online, if you would care
to check) is what makes it so trivial to run you
around the rhetorical velodrome, accelerating in
each and every turn.

Re this NRC-vs-UCI discussion: I know that USA Cycling has changed a bunch
of USCF rules to align better with UCI rules (e.g., TT bikes must conform to
UCI rules), but that doesn't mean an NRC race follows *all* UCI rules. I'm
pretty sure you could find something in the UCI rulebook that is not
enforced by your local NRC crit, for example, or even Nature Valley GP
(which is underway as I type this). Besides, they don't let hacks like me
ride in a UCI event but I can ride an NRC race.

I think Magilla is technically correct. Bob is playing a semantics game,
teasing a gorrila in his cage, and I for one appreciate it!

Mark
ps. This has been quite an entertaining day in rbr land, even this lovers'
bickering between you two ...keep up the good work!

Old June 12th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:
MagillaGorilla wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:

MagillaGorilla wrote:

Hey dumbass,

Most NRC races don't follow UCI rules either even though USA
Cycling - like the FFC - is "member of the UCI."

Dumbass,

They don't?

Bob Schwartz

No, they don't. They follow USCF rules. Ever hear of the USCF
rulebook? If you haven't, then you should change your name to
Shawn Farrell or become a USCF official.

Because you are qualified based on your post.

Dumbass,

Are there any clauses in the USCF rulebook referencing
UCI rules?

Bob Schwartz

Either the race is run under USCF rules or UCI rules.

All NRC races are run under USCF rules, not UCI rules (unless the
race is UCI sanctioned, of course).

Don't try to turn this debate into a ****ing puzzle when there isn't
one.

Magilla

Gaytard,

It's not a puzzle. It's clearly stated in the USCF
rulebook. So, the answer to whether UCI rules
apply to NRC races run under USCF rules is clear.

Bob Schwartz

Asshat,

NRC races are not run under UCI rules. They are run under USCF rules
(unless they are UCI sanctioned - such as Mt. Hood).

Ever see an official's communique from an NRC race? They cite
violations of USCF rules and level fines accordingly.

You are not lucid.

Your inability to admit that you're wrong, even
when it's in black and white like it is in the
USCF rulebook (which is online, if you would care
to check) is what makes it so trivial to run you
around the rhetorical velodrome, accelerating in
each and every turn.

But it does get tiresome after a while.

Bob Schwartz

There's no USCF rule to cite according to my argument. Since only your
argument claims such a rule exists, you obviously need to cite it.

But you will never do this because it doesn't exist.

Thanks,

Magilla
Old June 12th 08, 02:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Off The Back wrote:
Re this NRC-vs-UCI discussion: I know that USA Cycling has changed a
bunch of USCF rules to align better with UCI rules (e.g., TT bikes must
conform to UCI rules), but that doesn't mean an NRC race follows *all*
UCI rules. I'm pretty sure you could find something in the UCI rulebook
that is not enforced by your local NRC crit, for example, or even Nature
Valley GP (which is underway as I type this). Besides, they don't let
hacks like me ride in a UCI event but I can ride an NRC race.

I think Magilla is technically correct. Bob is playing a semantics game,
teasing a gorrila in his cage, and I for one appreciate it!

The statement was made that NRC races do not follow UCI
rules. They do. No, not all of them. But there are numerous
references to UCI rules.

For example, one of the guys working the NVGP has a UCI
bike jig, used to quickly and easily tell if a bike conforms
to the UCI bike regs, as specified in the USCF rulebook.

Bob Schwartz
Old June 12th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
MagillaGorilla[_3_]

Bob Schwartz wrote:

Off The Back wrote:

[...]

Hey asshat,

The NRC rule for bikes is a USCF rule that simply says that bike
standards will conform to the UCI definition. That's still a USCF rule.

All NRC races are run under USCF rules. The fact that a very small
minority of those rules MIGHT adopt a UCI definition does not make it a
UCI rule.

Nor does it mean that NRC races are run under UCI rules, as you falsely
claimed.

Thanks,

Magilla

I admit it, I am a wimp wafflycat UK 5 February 10th 06 11:21 AM
I admit it: I'm a poser! Erin Unicycling 8 January 29th 06 02:18 AM
I admit it: I'm a poser! johnfoss Unicycling 0 January 26th 06 06:44 PM
OK I admit I am a wimp. Maggie General 35 June 16th 05 12:04 AM
I admit it ... Steven L. Sheffield Racing 4 September 5th 04 06:45 PM