Sure is slow around here

Old December 24th 05, 09:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Sure is slow around here

Robert Chung wrote:
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
Almost nothing going on, traffic about half that of normal.

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/rbr.png

Something about the x-axis is screwed up - unless July is
at a different time every year. Are they running the TdF on
a lunar calendar?

In the early days of rbr (pre Lance, and pre Festina for that
matter), the July Effect was much weaker.

Old December 24th 05, 10:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:
Curtis L. Russell wrote:
Almost nothing going on, traffic about half that of normal.

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/rbr.png

Something about the x-axis is screwed up - unless July is
at a different time every year. Are they running the TdF on
a lunar calendar?

In the early days of rbr (pre Lance, and pre Festina for that
matter), the July Effect was much weaker.

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/rbr.csv

Either you're up kinda early or kinda late.

Old December 24th 05, 01:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 24 Dec 2005 00:40:58 -0800, "
wrote:

The NSA sincerely apologizes for any Usenet propagation delays;
traffic should be back to normal by Wednesday.

If it helps, I can always drop some traffic off next time I come down
32, but you'll have to open up the area around the front a bit. NSA is
a lot more difficult with drive-up since I worked there.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Old December 24th 05, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Robert Chung wrote:
wrote:
Robert Chung wrote:

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/rbr.png

Something about the x-axis is screwed up - unless July is
at a different time every year. Are they running the TdF on
a lunar calendar?

In the early days of rbr (pre Lance, and pre Festina for that
matter), the July Effect was much weaker.

http://anonymous.coward.free.fr/rbr/rbr.csv

Dumbass,

http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/misc/rbr/rbrposts.png

Your plot has the 2004 tickmark where 2005 should be.
And the 1998 and 2000 tickmarks are right under the July
spike instead of at the beginning of the year. That's why
I was complaining about the x-axis scale. Maybe you scaled
it to run from 1992.x to 2005 rather than 1992.x to 2005.9 ?

Either you're up kinda early or kinda late.

This data mining is 24-hour stuff, you know. Ever
since the POTUS realized that French people and
Middle Easterners deliberately stay awake while
Americans are sleeping, the Defenders of Freedom
are in a Heightened State of Sleep Deprivation.

Ben
RBR Scientific Editor

Old December 24th 05, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:

Dumbass,

http://www.ucolick.org/~bjw/misc/rbr/rbrposts.png

Your plot has the 2004 tickmark where 2005 should be.
And the 1998 and 2000 tickmarks are right under the July
spike instead of at the beginning of the year. That's why
I was complaining about the x-axis scale. Maybe you scaled
it to run from 1992.x to 2005 rather than 1992.x to 2005.9 ?

Crap. You're right, I should've seen it. Don't know what the problem was;
I can't reproduce it.

Either you're up kinda early or kinda late.

This data mining is 24-hour stuff, you know. Ever
since the POTUS realized that French people and
Middle Easterners deliberately stay awake while
Americans are sleeping, the Defenders of Freedom
are in a Heightened State of Sleep Deprivation.

Well, let's see know: I'm over here in Yurop, you're over there in the US
of A, and here's an electronic message that mentions Osama Bin Laden.
Hmmm. In case that wasn't enough, this ought to do it: Blessent mon coeur
d'une langueur monotone.

Old December 24th 05, 09:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Robert Chung wrote:
wrote:

[...]

You guys better be checking the bushes:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051224...e_051224200715

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US government's domestic spying operation is
much broader than previously disclosed, involving eavesdropping on vast
amounts of telephone and Internet traffic, according to US media
reports.

He didn't lie he just left out a few little details by accident.
Bill C

Old December 24th 05, 10:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...

**** the FBI and Homeland Security.

Old December 24th 05, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 12/24/05 2:05 PM, in article
, "B. Lafferty"
wrote:

"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051224/wl_afp/usattacksintelligence_05122420071
5

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US government's domestic spying operation is
much broader than previously disclosed, involving eavesdropping on vast
amounts of telephone and Internet traffic, according to US media
reports.

He didn't lie he just left out a few little details by accident.
Bill C

**** the FBI and Homeland Security.

I am sure they feel the same way about you you Rat *******....
"according to US media reports"???
Thatıs like saying "If I read it on the Internet it MUST be true!!"

Old December 25th 05, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

In article , Me wrote:

On 12/24/05 2:05 PM, in article
, "B. Lafferty"
wrote:

"Bill C" wrote in message
ups.com...

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The US government's domestic spying operation is
much broader than previously disclosed, involving eavesdropping on vast
amounts of telephone and Internet traffic, according to US media
reports.

He didn't lie he just left out a few little details by accident.
Bill C

**** the FBI and Homeland Security.

I am sure they feel the same way about you you Rat *******....
"according to US media reports"???
Thatıs like saying "If I read it on the Internet it MUST be true!!"

Well, Steve, the intitial report came about because some patriotic soul (and
I'm not being ironic or sarcastic there) in the NSA leaked it. Why? Because they
knew it was illegal. More info is slowly coming to light because of people like
them, thankfully. Some opinions on it by people involved in that line of work:

http://www.defensetech.org/archives/002032.html

--
tanx,
Howard