Milano-San Remo Predictions

Old March 18th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Default Milano-San Remo Predictions

In article .com,
"Bret" wrote:

Kenny wrote:
25 years after Fons De Wolf we have to do it right :-)

Kenny

Since it's the 25th aniversary, I put up some pictures from the Aldo
Tonnoir book. Besides FdW, there is Jan Raas and VDB's uncle.

http://www.fischer-wade.com/msr_81/

Hey, thanks for that, Bret. I like the second one, where everyone is looking
at each other and wondering who'll respond.

--
tanx,
Howard

Grandma Smith said a curious thing
Boys must whistle, girls must sing

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old March 18th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Howard Kveck" wrote in message
In article .com,
"Bret" wrote:

Kenny wrote:
25 years after Fons De Wolf we have to do it right :-)

Kenny

Since it's the 25th aniversary, I put up some pictures from the Aldo
Tonnoir book. Besides FdW, there is Jan Raas and VDB's uncle.

http://www.fischer-wade.com/msr_81/

Hey, thanks for that, Bret. I like the second one, where everyone is
looking
at each other and wondering who'll respond.

--
tanx,
Howard

Grandma Smith said a curious thing
Boys must whistle, girls must sing

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

It's clear now that Coppi is going to win this year.

Old March 18th 06, 12:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"B. Lafferty" writes:

It's clear now that Coppi is going to win this year.

Well 60 years ago you would have been right

1. COPPI Fausto
2. TEISSEIRE Lucien (Fra)
3. RICCI Mario

--
Le Vent à Dos, Davey Crockett - Actively Opposing Thought Crime
Libérez Ingrid Betancourt, Clara Rojas et les autres
Old March 18th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"Davey Crockett" wrote in message
"B. Lafferty" writes:

It's clear now that Coppi is going to win this year.

Well 60 years ago you would have been right

1. COPPI Fausto
2. TEISSEIRE Lucien (Fra)
3. RICCI Mario

Nice that someone picked up on the anniversary. Go Davey!

Old March 18th 06, 12:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

It'll be Boonen or Bettini or Petacchi or maybe another rider. Or at
least one of them in the top 20. For sure.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old March 18th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:

I'm surprised you didn't say:

1. Some doper
2. Another doper
3. Yet another doper.
DFL. The only clean rider.

I don't see Team DFL on the start list.

Old March 18th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

"B. Lafferty" writes:

It's clear now that Coppi is going to win this year.

Well 60 years ago you would have been right

1. COPPI Fausto
2. TEISSEIRE Lucien (Fra)
3. RICCI Mario

Nice that someone picked up on the anniversary. Go Davey!

Well it looks like a QuickStep will win for sure

My lad Cedric Vasseur isn't riding today, but watch out tomorrow.
He'll be starting number 65 in the Pays De Loire event

Interestingly VDB who won in 1995 is slated to start too according to
what I hear in the Pays De Loire

And now I'm off to drive over to SR for the finish today

Judging by last week after PN it isn't too smart to ride back after
the finish as the traffic is horrendous along the coast road and
more than a few of the fans have been into the vino a little.

Old March 18th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On 17 Mar 2006 19:13:54 -0800, "Kurgan Gringioni"
wrote:

Dumbass -

The posters (rbr).

Google candyass and you'll understand.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

If you click on 'Get Lucky' to my surprise it was NOT an rbr poster.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old March 18th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 06:58:15 -0500, John Forrest Tomlinson
It'll be Boonen or Bettini or Petacchi or maybe another rider. Or at
least one of them in the top 20. For sure.

I picked the winner!

He picked himself! From
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...msr06/?id=live

09:52 CET
This morning at the start, we spoke to Filippo Pozzato (Quick.Step),
who was really positive and confident, despite the chilly weather.
"Yeah I feel super today. I've got fantastic legs."

Pippo is hoping that he might have his own card to play on the
Quick.Step team in the finale today.

--
E. Dronkert