TK was exactly right. OT

Old June 19th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Default TK was exactly right. OT

While just about everyone lined up and relentlessly hammered on him,
with just a few allowing they had some doubt, he was the one who was
right on the money.
Hope he doesn't hold his breathe waiting for folks to admit being
mistaken, since I happen to like having him around.

http://tinyurl.com/6mnu2p

New study to force ministers to review climate change planExclusive
Official review admits biofuel role in food crisis
Julian Borger and John Vidal The Guardian, Thursday June 19 2008
Article historyBritain and Europe will be forced to fundamentally
rethink a central part of their environment strategy after a
government report found that the rush to develop biofuels has played a
"significant" role in the dramatic rise in global food prices, which
has left 100 million more people without enough to eat.

more there

Bill C
Old June 19th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 19, 9:36 am, Bill C wrote:
While just about everyone lined up and relentlessly hammered on him,
with just a few allowing they had some doubt, he was the one who was
right on the money.
Hope he doesn't hold his breathe waiting for folks to admit being
mistaken, since I happen to like having him around.

http://tinyurl.com/6mnu2p

New study to force ministers to review climate change planExclusive
Official review admits biofuel role in food crisis
Julian Borger and John Vidal The Guardian, Thursday June 19 2008
Article historyBritain and Europe will be forced to fundamentally
rethink a central part of their environment strategy after a
government report found that the rush to develop biofuels has played a
"significant" role in the dramatic rise in global food prices, which
has left 100 million more people without enough to eat.

That biofuels are a two-edged sword was never disputed. Tom way
saying that the whole global warming thing is a myth and that human
activity has no effect on the planet's climate. So I'm not sure why
you're awarding the medal...

Old June 19th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

"RicodJour" wrote in message
| On Jun 19, 9:36 am, Bill C wrote:
| While just about everyone lined up and relentlessly hammered on him,
| with just a few allowing they had some doubt, he was the one who was
| right on the money.
| Hope he doesn't hold his breathe waiting for folks to admit being
| mistaken, since I happen to like having him around.
|
| http://tinyurl.com/6mnu2p
|
| New study to force ministers to review climate change planExclusive
| Official review admits biofuel role in food crisis
| Julian Borger and John Vidal The Guardian, Thursday June 19 2008
| Article historyBritain and Europe will be forced to fundamentally
| rethink a central part of their environment strategy after a
| government report found that the rush to develop biofuels has played a
| "significant" role in the dramatic rise in global food prices, which
| has left 100 million more people without enough to eat.
|
| That biofuels are a two-edged sword was never disputed. Tom way
| saying that the whole global warming thing is a myth and that human
| activity has no effect on the planet's climate. So I'm not sure why
| you're awarding the medal...

Agreed. Biofuels, when not derived from waste product, are an abomination
and an insult to humanity. The idea that it's more important to feed our
cars than our mouths... what could be more absurd? And not only do the
economics not work out, but it's tough to show that you're actually gaining
energy too, after you factor in everything that goes into growing crops.

But as you say, what does this have to do with awarding points to TK? His
attitude is simply that global warming itself is a myth. The only reason
he'd care about biofuels is if it puts cheaper gas into his tank. Not that
there's anything wrong with that concept, to a point.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 19th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jun 19, 9:47*am, RicodJour wrote:

That biofuels are a two-edged sword was never disputed. *Tom way
saying that the whole global warming thing is a myth and that human
activity has no effect on the planet's climate. *So I'm not sure why
you're awarding the medal...

R- Hide quoted text -

The biofuels, and their effect on food production were a seperate
discussion. Just about everyone insisted that biofuels had no, or
negligible impact on worldwide food resources.
So much for my troll index with the first troll in ages.
Bill C
Old June 19th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jun 19, 10:23*am, Bill C wrote:
On Jun 19, 9:47*am, RicodJour wrote:

That biofuels are a two-edged sword was never disputed. *Tom way
saying that the whole global warming thing is a myth and that human
activity has no effect on the planet's climate. *So I'm not sure why
you're awarding the medal...

R- Hide quoted text -

The biofuels, and their effect on food production were a seperate
discussion.

snip

Dumbass -

You want to give that moron a medal for that conclusion?

It's a given: if corn is used for a non-food purpose, there will be
less corn for food. Duh.

And no, I don't support corn based ethanol subsidies.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old June 19th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour

On Jun 19, 2:42 pm, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
On Jun 19, 10:23 am, Bill C wrote:
On Jun 19, 9:47 am, RicodJour wrote:

That biofuels are a two-edged sword was never disputed. Tom way
saying that the whole global warming thing is a myth and that human
activity has no effect on the planet's climate. So I'm not sure why
you're awarding the medal...

The biofuels, and their effect on food production were a seperate
discussion.

You want to give that moron a medal for that conclusion?

It's a given: if corn is used for a non-food purpose, there will be
less corn for food. Duh.

And no, I don't support corn based ethanol subsidies.

You're getting soft in your old age. I don't support corn based corn
subsidies, corn fed beef, beef fed beef and lots of other it-seemed-
like-a-good-idea-at-the-time idiocies.

Old June 19th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Jun 19, 11:42*am, Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

And no, I don't support corn based ethanol subsidies.

You don't have a choice but to support them.

I support afternoon training rides, but not willingly.
Old June 19th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Jun 19, 10:23 am, Bill C wrote:
On Jun 19, 9:47 am, RicodJour wrote:

That biofuels are a two-edged sword was never disputed. *Tom way
saying that the whole global warming thing is a myth and that human
activity has no effect on the planet's climate. *So I'm not sure why
you're awarding the medal...

The biofuels, and their effect on food production were a seperate
discussion.

You want to give that moron a medal for that conclusion?

It's a given: if corn is used for a non-food purpose, there will be
less corn for food. Duh.

And no, I don't support corn based ethanol subsidies.

You're getting soft in your old age. *I don't support corn based corn
subsidies, corn fed beef, beef fed beef and lots of other it-seemed-
like-a-good-idea-at-the-time idiocies.

Could I get you to support killing piggies and destroying crops? Such
policies grow the middle class.

Could I get you to support "old"-age retirement benefits? You know,
if less people are producing, then more will be produced. That will
grow the middle class.

Less is more, you know.

"War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength."
--- George Orwell, "1984"

Old June 19th 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Jun 19, 6:47*am, RicodJour wrote:

That biofuels are a two-edged sword was never disputed. *

It was made light of.

Old June 19th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
"War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength."
--- George Orwell, "1984"

"Cadence is a red herring."
--- Benjamin Franklin