STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

Old March 4th 09, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

Default STOP THE FEAR MONGERING

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Bill C" wrote in message

Noone is buying that the actions so far are going to stabilize or fix
the situation, or that there is a long term plan in place. He's
generating no confidence at all from the people in the markets,
business, or the general public by the current approach.

It's worse than that. Remember that Roosevelt's playing with the market
extended the depression for perhaps 8 years longer than it would have lasted
without his efforts.

That is a Republican myth, no two ways about it. If unemployment was at 24.9% in
1929, when FDR took office, and had dropped to 9% by 1937. At that time, FDR listened
to the bankers and slowed the projects that stimulated the economy and started to
work on balancing the budget. That lead to the Recession of '37.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GDP_depression.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US...20_to_1940.svg

Yeah, those graphs certainly show that FDR's policies made the Depression "8 years
longer than it would have lasted without his efforts." Lame-o.

Hate to say it to Tom , but Madoff was reported to the SEC as early
as 2001 and nothing was done, the trail of existing laws and
regulations not being enforced, and the government willfully failing
to follow the law ran all through Bush's administration. Wouldn't you
call that destroying our system of government?

You know, I complained about him from the start since he was obviously a
Liberal despite having run as a Conservative.

Hahahahahahahaha! There's no proof of that based on your posts in this group. Holy
crap, what a liar Tom Kunich is. Yep, it's the old "Conservatism never fails, it can
only *be* failed" line. I agree that Bush wasn't really conservative - he was
actually pretty radical - but he sure as hell was not "Liberal."

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old March 4th 09, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

On Mar 3, 3:47*pm, Howard Kveck wrote:

You know, I complained about him from the start since he was obviously a
Liberal despite having run as a Conservative.

* *Hahahahahahahaha! There's no proof of that based on your posts in this group. Holy
crap, what a liar Tom Kunich is. Yep, it's the old "Conservatism never fails, it can
only *be* failed" line. I agree that Bush wasn't really conservative - he was
actually pretty radical - but he sure as hell was not "Liberal."

Dumbass -

The traditional Conservatives (of which Tom Kunich is not one) were
against Bush. William F. Buckley (National Review) and Patrick
Buchanan, for instance, were against the Iraq War from the start.

Bush was a Neoconservative. It is a school of thought which has now
been found to be egocentric, intellectually void and ungrounded in the
real world. It was doomed to failure.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 4th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

On Mar 3, 3:19*pm, William Asher wrote:
William Asher wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:

"dave a" wrote in message

Hold on, I'm losing the play by play here. *You are saying that Bush
was a Liberal? *And the problem with the Republican Party is caused
by Democrats that joined and pushed out the "real Conservatives"?

You never fail to amaze...

Dave, perhaps you'd actually look it up before shooting off into
never-never-land. During the entire Clinton 8 years at least one
Democrat per month crossed over to the Republican Party. They claimed
to be "moderates" but many if not most of them were the previous
lefties who just couldn't go so far to the left as the party appeared
to want.

Mind you, since that caused the "Republicans" to rapidly gain control
of the Congress, the Clintonistas weren't able to succeed.

Now the Clinton's are being made to look like pikers compared to
Obama.

Watch your savings disappear. Already the word is that there will be
a significant drop in the average wage in the USA.

Wow. *A hundred or so Democrats became Republicans during Clinton's
presidency. *Do you mean in the U.S. Congress, nationally among the
general electorate or among your circle of friends? *I'm trying to
think of a 100 from Congress, but aside from Barney Frank, Newt
Gingrich, Arlen Specter, and Steve Largent I'm drawing a blank. *

Just out of curiousity, how many were Congressional Medal of Honor
winners who stormed the beaches at Anzio, Iwo Jima, and Wonsan?

Actually, I count 7 representatives and 2 senators between 1992 and 2000
who changed affiliations (http://voteview.ucsd.edu/nokken_poole.pdf), 8
Dem, 1 Rep, total. *Of the 8 Dems switching to Rep, 6 were southern
Democrats who changed to Republican in 1995, immediately after the
Republicans took back both houses in the 1994 elections. *To call their
switch a cynical political move rather than a heartfelt expression of
deeply held core values would be far far beneath me. *

Tom, you need to stay away from facts, they don't suit you.

Dumbass -

It's amazing to me how some people just make **** up all the time.

Seems like there should be some sort of Darwinian mechanism to prevent
that sort of behavior. It's gotta be a detriment to optimal function.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.
Old March 4th 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article , William Asher
wrote:

Actually, I count 7 representatives and 2 senators between 1992 and 2000
who changed affiliations (http://voteview.ucsd.edu/nokken_poole.pdf), 8
Dem, 1 Rep, total. Of the 8 Dems switching to Rep, 6 were southern
Democrats who changed to Republican in 1995, immediately after the
Republicans took back both houses in the 1994 elections. To call their
switch a cynical political move rather than a heartfelt expression of
deeply held core values would be far far beneath me.

Well, consider who they were and what they've done (voting-wise) since. Those
factors make a pretty compelling case for "core values."

Old March 4th 09, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"K. Gringioni" wrote in message

The traditional Conservatives (of which Tom Kunich is not one) were
against Bush. William F. Buckley (National Review) and Patrick
Buchanan, for instance, were against the Iraq War from the start.

I seem to recall that you wet your pants and ran and hid during the SFGP on
the chance that you'd meet me.

Bush was a Neoconservative. It is a school of thought which has now
been found to be egocentric, intellectually void and ungrounded in the
real world. It was doomed to failure.

I've got news for you, idiot, a Neoconservative is STILL preferable to
either Al "Tubby" Gore or John "Bad Conduct Discharge, redacted" Kerry.

But since you're too stupid to understand - while Bush was easily the best
of a bad lot that didn't mean he was a good choice. Though he was so far
better than the alternatives that my guess is that even you voted for him.

Old March 4th 09, 01:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 06:10:45 -0800 (PST), Scott
wrote:

Here's something serious for you to consider.

Here's something for you to consider. What did you say about
Clinton's high spending? And were your right?

I don't think you have any credibility on politics or macroeconomics.
You and people who believe what you do should just shut up. I'm not
saying that as censorship. I'm speaking as I'd speak to an ignorant
child who thinks pulling out a tooth will bring the tooth fairy over
to help.

Old March 4th 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 06:33:27 -0800 (PST), Scott
wrote:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ulus-harmful-=
over-long-haul/

The Washington Times has been so wrong for so long -- point me to
something direct from the CBO and I'll look at it.

[and, in different order he wrote]

Here is one of many articles addressing the subject.

Point to some non-ditto article or the CBO. That should be easy since
there are so many articles.
Old March 4th 09, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Tom Kunich wrote:

Yet you seem to be alright with running not just constant deficits but
increasingly huger ones as well.

In much the same way that you're alright with eating babies.
Old March 4th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

dave a wrote:

Hold on, I'm losing the play by play here. You are saying that Bush was
a Liberal? And the problem with the Republican Party is caused by
Democrats that joined and pushed out the "real Conservatives"?

You never fail to amaze...

This is the stuff I tune in to the Kunich channel for. It's really
creative, in a disturbed sort of way.
Old March 4th 09, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
K. Gringioni

On Mar 3, 4:13*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
[...]

Neoconservatism is dead.

Even the think tank has shut its doors.