Swearing On Lives of Others

Old August 23rd 04, 01:41 AM
Stewart Fleming

TritonRider wrote:

From: warren

7. Anyone that has talked to an Italian doctor.

7a. Tell public that your contact with Italian doctor was innocent
seeking of legal training advice.

Just because Ferrari knows a lot about doping and has probably helped
riders do it does not mean he can't still provide valuable training
advice. The rider chooses for himself whether or not to accept any
advice provided. Or did you mean some other Italian doctor? All I get

from the one I know is legal training advice.

I'm pretty sure that Andy and Kyle could get together to come up with a hell
of a doping program if they chose to, so does that mean we are all suspect for
talking to them?
Bill C

If I ever win a Masters race, Donald Munro will be crowing "I told you
so"...
Old August 23rd 04, 01:58 AM
Carl Sundquist

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
The poison is in the peloton, Bobby. It's called reality. Deal with

it
or not. Your choice. But if you do want to kill the messengers, you're
going to be a busy man. ;-)

If all you are is a messenger, then you're doing nothing to solve the
problem.

Old August 23rd 04, 02:01 AM
B. Lafferty

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message
The poison is in the peloton, Bobby. It's called reality. Deal with

it
or not. Your choice. But if you do want to kill the messengers, you're
going to be a busy man. ;-)

If all you are is a messenger, then you're doing nothing to solve the
problem.

Not true. I've emailed Hein Verbruggen on many occasions about the drug
problem with no response. :-)

Old August 23rd 04, 06:30 AM
Sierraman

"bobby carter" wrote in message
dear b lafferty-i swear you are the most bitter and negative person on

rbr.
what drug are you on? surely your poisonous rantings must be drug induced.
alcohol? bc wonders

He might surpass SR for being bitter and negative, but he doesn't seem to
carry a chip on his shoulder. He does balance out the subject. I found these
quotes interesting from stolen underground interview.

CMDR- How many other riders around you were taking drugs while you were in
Europe?

JS- Every one of them.

CMDR- Can a rider race in Europe clean and win the Tour de France the way
things are now?

JS- I highly doubt it. I want to say NO WAY, but that would be irrational
because you never know what can happen. Lets just say this; it would take
an
Act of God for a clean rider to win the Tour de France in this era.

Old August 23rd 04, 12:40 PM
David Covey

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message .net...
From today's BBC on line:

"Honestly, I can say that for the last 10 years, the time that I have been a
weightlifter, I never used this kind of drug," said Sampanis.

"I want to say to the Greek people that I swear to God and on my two
children I never used this kind of drug."

Why are sportsmen always swearing on the lives of wives, children and dead
dogs, but never on their own lives?

ROTFL. I agree! I think we should be told...

Cheers

UD
Old August 23rd 04, 02:00 PM
Donald Munro

Stewart Fleming wrote:
If I ever win a Masters race, Donald Munro will be crowing "I told you
so"...

I swear on Tugboats grave that I won't say a thing if you give me a
discount on some of that Pot Belge Lite (tm) of yours (I'm going to need
some of it to finish a 5 day tour I'm doing next week).

Old August 23rd 04, 04:18 PM
bobby carter

did i miss something here? did i mention anything about killing anyone? why
don't you state what drug testing changes you propose instead of just
sniping at random. oh-i would like to rip your legs off but you probably
don't ride uphill very well and would decline an invitation to go vertical
and be assed off the back. oops-my time budget for dances with dunces is
up-gotta go ride. c ya.

Old August 23rd 04, 05:30 PM
Bob Schwartz

From: warren

7. Anyone that has talked to an Italian doctor.

7a. Tell public that your contact with Italian doctor was innocent
seeking of legal training advice.

Just because Ferrari knows a lot about doping and has probably helped
riders do it does not mean he can't still provide valuable training
advice. The rider chooses for himself whether or not to accept any
advice provided. Or did you mean some other Italian doctor? All I get
from the one I know is legal training advice.

I'm pretty sure that Andy and Kyle could get together to come up with a hell
of a doping program if they chose to, so does that mean we are all suspect for
talking to them?
Bill C

One commonality between Andy, Kyle, and the guy Warren get his advice from
is that they are all less well off financially than that other Italian
doctor. He charges a high premium for his advice. In addition there is
other baggage involved in working with him in that lots of people (not
just Lafferty) will assume you are doping. Voet said as much in his book.
The value of the advice you get from him has to outweigh the cost and
other factors involved in working with him.

So if LANCE is getting legal training advice from Ferrari then he must
be getting advice that is significantly more valuable than that available
from Testa. Or Andy or Kyle. Because the cost, by a number of measures,
is way higher.

It is really an economic decision.

Bob Schwartz

Old August 23rd 04, 06:28 PM
B. Lafferty

"bobby carter" wrote in message
did i miss something here? did i mention anything about killing anyone?

It's just a figure of speech, Bobby. Try not to be as literal as a three
year old.

why
don't you state what drug testing changes you propose instead of just
sniping at random.

My position on drug use has been stated here a number of times. Do a google
search and enlighten yourself.

-i would like to rip your legs off but you probably
don't ride uphill very well and would decline an invitation to go vertical
and be assed off the back.

And your dick is probably 14", right Bobby? Big balls, too?

oops-my time budget for dances with dunces is
up-gotta go ride. c ya.

I just got in from a really nice ride. Enjoy yours, Bobby.

--
Peloton Pigs--Flying Since 1991

Old August 23rd 04, 07:54 PM
bobby carter

..

why
don't you state what drug testing changes you propose instead of just
sniping at random.

My position on drug use has been stated here a number of times. Do a

google
search and enlighten yourself.

your position on use-yes, but answer my accusation that you offer no
changes to current testing protocols

-i would like to rip your legs off but you probably
don't ride uphill very well and would decline an invitation to go

vertical
and be assed off the back.

And your dick is probably 14", right Bobby? Big balls, too?

actually no is the answer to your to your adolescent jibes. but i
evidently did hit a weak spot huh.

oops-my time budget for dances with dunces is
up-gotta go ride. c ya.

I just got in from a really nice ride. Enjoy yours, Bobby.

enlighten me-what is a peloton pig.? one last thing-don't you just hate it
when someone distracts you just when you start winding up on your sermon.
hehhehheh

--
Peloton Pigs--Flying Since 1991